Rock Band Elimination

BENGALS666

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='515391' date='Jul 24 2007, 12:12 PM'][b]CLINCHED
PINK FLOYD(35)
AC/DC(35)
ALICE IN CHAINS(35)[/b][/quote]

[b]CLINCHED
PINK FLOYD(35)
AC/DC(35)
ALICE IN CHAINS(35)
VAN HALEN (35)[/b]

Correct me if I'm wrong..

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='515429' date='Jul 24 2007, 02:19 PM'][b]CLINCHED
PINK FLOYD(35)
AC/DC(35)
ALICE IN CHAINS(35)
VAN HALEN (35)[/b]

Correct me if I'm wrong..[/quote]

so far we have 1 70s 2 80s and 1 90s (two if i can get soundgarden in there)

decent list, but i have a hard time with zepplin not on there.

Soundgarden + 1
Tool - 1

AEROSMITH (14)
HENDRIX (25)
IRON MAIDEN (18)
LYNYRD SKYNYRD (5)
ROLLING STONES (5)
SOUNDGARDEN (24)
TOOL (8)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='515434' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:22 PM']but i have a hard time with zepplin not on there.[/quote]

There there.. we'll all get thru this... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='515434' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:23 PM']so far we have 1 70s 2 80s and 1 90s[/quote]

PINK FLOYD(35)
AC/DC(35)
ALICE IN CHAINS(35)
VAN HALEN (35)

Wait, I count that as three 70's bands and one 90's band

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='515437' date='Jul 24 2007, 02:27 PM']PINK FLOYD(35)
AC/DC(35)
ALICE IN CHAINS(35)
VAN HALEN (35)

Wait, I count that as three 70's bands and one 90's band[/quote]

egh i guess but AC/DC made their name in the 80s moreso to me

LS + 1
IM - 1

AEROSMITH (13)
HENDRIX (26)
IRON MAIDEN (17)
LYNYRD SKYNYRD (6)
ROLLING STONES (5)
SOUNDGARDEN (24)
TOOL (8)

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='515415' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:39 PM']Yeah, but I was honestly voting with the way I felt. You guys didn't like that AC/DC were taking off like that so you ganged up against me and were minusing AC/DC every post until Pink Floyd caught up. Tell me where the vote stacking was? Doesn't matter. AC/DC was the first band to clinch a spot. You guys keep making excuses and make it look like I was the one whining and stacking the pile. <cough>
MULLY
[b]it's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll[/b]!![/quote]

Mully,
The sound of a [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1iR2Wi3u5o"]bagpipe[/url] just went into my head, when I read that last piece. :o

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='515446' date='Jul 24 2007, 02:32 PM']Bon Scott died in 79.. They only did one great record after that..[/quote]

ok so they made their name for me in the 80s ... i was 5 in 80 so cut me some slack here. ;)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='515445' date='Jul 24 2007, 02:31 PM']Soundgarden + 1
[b]F[/b]an[b]B[/b]oy[b]D[/b]riven ....er.. I mean Tool - 1[/quote]

Not a fanboy, just think they deserve it, leaps and bounds above Aerosmith,well better than all the bands that are left, with exception of Hendrix and Soundgarden.

Early Aerosmith was good, but 80's/early 90's sucked! their hit song "AmazingCrazyCryinJaniesgotagun" all one song!

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='515453' date='Jul 24 2007, 02:36 PM']Not a fanboy, just think they deserve it, [color="#FF0000"]leaps and bounds above Aerosmith,[/color]well better than all the bands that are left, with exception of Hendrix and Soundgarden.[/quote]

:o

riiiiiiight

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='515446' date='Jul 24 2007, 12:32 PM']Bon Scott died in 79.. [b]They only did one great record after that..[/b][/quote]
Back In Black was good too.....
:ninja:

Me and my friends in high school used to get stoned and put on "For Those About To Rock" while the Transformers cartoon was on, with the sound turned down on the TV.
In our stoned estimation, due to the timing of the cannonfire in the song as well as the fact that a cartoon like the Transformers had perpetual laser cannons firing every couple of minutes, invariably when Brian Johnson would shout "Fire!" or "Shoot", Optimus Prime or whomever would be firing his cannon at EXACTLY the same time.
It was NO coincidence. This is bigger than the Wizard Of Oz/Dark Side Of The Moon conspiracy....

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='515453' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:36 PM']Not a fanboy, just think they deserve it, leaps and bounds above Aerosmith,well better than all the bands that are left, with exception of Hendrix and Soundgarden.[/quote]

Latter Aerosmith was not good, but every record thru Draw The Line smokes anything TOOL - with that whiney-assed Mr. Sensitive posuer-boy singer of theirs.
I really dislike just about all of the Drop-D bands out there..

[quote name='Bunghole' post='515457' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:38 PM']Back In Black was good too.....
:ninja:[/quote]

That's the record I'm talking about

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='515459' date='Jul 24 2007, 12:40 PM']Latter Aerosmith was not good, but every record thru Draw The Line smokes anything TOOL - with that whiney-assed Mr. Sensitive posuer-boy singer of theirs.
[b]I really dislike just about all of the Drop-D bands out there[/b]..
That's the record I'm talking about[/quote]
Drop-D tuning has it's uses...with the proper equipment it has a VERY heavy sound (which you know), but a lot of the bands out there definetely over-use it.
You can make one-finger "chords" with it tuned like that, so it isn't like you have to really "play".

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='515459' date='Jul 24 2007, 12:40 PM']That's the record I'm talking about[/quote]
I know. Hence the ninja and my high school story about "For Those...."

[quote name='Bunghole' post='515460' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:43 PM']Drop-D tuning has it's uses...with the proper equipment it has a VERY heavy sound (which you know), but a lot of the bands out there definetely over-use it.
You can make one-finger "chords" with it tuned like that, so it isn't like you have to really "play".
I know. Hence the ninja and my high school story about "For Those...."[/quote]

I can appreciate the old Country guns using drop D in leiwe of a baritone guitar. I also like stuff like Cinnamon Girl, but today's drop D just feels soul-less to me. Where do the open chords go when you're in Drop D...

Proof that Maynard (Tool singer) is a posuer...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKXr40gl9_k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKXr40gl9_k[/url]

Archived