Why I said Edwin has turned into a top defensive player for us

ThurmanMunster

I heard a stat the other day that he had the 2nd highest fielding % on the team since his call up.

so i looked up a few other stats to see cuz i didnt want to go thru and count boxscores for errors.

-The Reds are currently 15th in all of baseball in fielding percentage (fact).

-99% sure, but i cant find a site to confirm it but i believe the reds are # 1 (fielding percentage) in the NL since the allstar break.

-Edwin played 111 games last year 931 innings and had 25 errors (.916 fielding percentage and .741 zone rating).

-This year 106 games 907 innings and 11 errors (.958 fielding percentage and .768 zone rating).

-Edwin currently ranks 14th in all of MLB in fielding percentage for 3B. He ranks 6th in the NL at 3B.

And for more support for Edwin. Aramis Ramirez used to play a pretty crappy 3B (in Pitt) and now is one of the best and leads all of MLB in fielding percentage. Edwin is 24 years old. He has fixed his defensive problem (big time) and has turned it into a positive. He is also hitting 321 in August with 2 HRs and 12 RBis. Up to 274 avg on the year. And is hitting 327 on the year with RISP for the year.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='533965' date='Aug 27 2007, 01:54 AM']I heard a stat the other day that he had the 2nd highest fielding % on the team since his call up.

so i looked up a few other stats to see cuz i didnt want to go thru and count boxscores for errors.

-99% sure, but i cant find a site to confirm it but i believe the reds are # 1 (fielding percentage) in the NL since the allstar break.

-Edwin played 111 games last year 931 innings and had 25 errors (.916 fielding percentage and .741 zone rating).

-This year 106 games 907 innings and 11 errors (.958 fielding percentage and .768 zone rating).

-Edwin currently ranks 14th in all of MLB in fielding percentage for 3B. He ranks 6th in the NL at 3B.
And for more support for Edwin. Aramis Ramirez used to play a pretty crappy 3B (in Pitt) and now is one of the best and leads all of MLB in fielding percentage. Edwin is 24 years old. He has fixed his defensive problem (big time) and has turned it into a positive. He is also hitting 321 in August with 2 HRs and 12 RBis. Up to 274 avg on the year. And is hitting 327 on the year with RISP for the year.[/quote]

Oh good, I thought this was gonna be another 'I told ya so' thread.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='533965' date='Aug 27 2007, 01:54 AM']I heard a stat the other day that he had the 2nd highest fielding % on the team since his call up.

And for more support for Edwin. Aramis Ramirez used to play a pretty crappy 3B (in Pitt) and now is one of the best and leads all of MLB in fielding percentage. Edwin is 24 years old. He has fixed his defensive problem (big time) and has turned it into a positive. He is also hitting 321 in August with 2 HRs and 12 RBis. Up to 274 avg on the year. And is hitting 327 on the year with RISP for the year.[/quote]

Oh good, I thought this was gonna be another 'I told ya so' thread.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='533970' date='Aug 27 2007, 02:21 AM']just trying to add a little reasoning to my comment in the thread the other day. i figured it could have some interesting discussion.[/quote]

[i]I would love for EE to settle down and this bethenorm for him. What you also said was that EE was better than Kepp at 3b; and I want to know what you had based that on when Kepp had a 1.000 fielding pct.

With that said, EE at 3B/1B and Kepp at 1B/3b, with Gonzalez and Phillips up the middle.

The problem I HAD with EE was that his hitting (at the time)was not sufficient enough tocover his merely adequate D.[/i]

[i]Any/All improvements are a good thing.[/i]

[quote name='Lawman' post='536660' date='Aug 29 2007, 06:28 PM'][i]I would love for EE to settle down and this bethenorm for him. What you also said was that EE was better than Kepp at 3b; and I want to know what you had based that on when Kepp had a 1.000 fielding pct.

With that said, EE at 3B/1B and Kepp at 1B/3b, with Gonzalez and Phillips up the middle.

The problem I HAD with EE was that his hitting (at the time)was not sufficient enough tocover his merely adequate D.[/i]

[i]Any/All improvements are a good thing.[/i][/quote]
the reason i said EE > Kepp is that EE has made a HUGE stride and is actually one of the best defensive 3B in the league since he was called back up. And i see him make a lot of good plays along the LF line that i dont see Kepp make (altho EE has had more time there). EE is also a lot younger and that helps too.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='536757' date='Aug 29 2007, 09:27 PM']the reason i said EE > Kepp is that EE has made a HUGE stride and is actually one of the best defensive 3B in the league since he was called back up. And i see him make a lot of good plays along the LF line that i dont see Kepp make (altho EE has had more time there). EE is also a lot younger and that helps too.[/quote]

i like EE alot, but keppinger is the best hitter i've ever seen (except rose)... and i was too young to get to watch much of rose...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='537382' date='Aug 31 2007, 09:34 AM']i like EE alot, but keppinger is the best hitter i've ever seen (except rose)... and i was too young to get to watch much of rose...[/quote]
:lol:

he is like a 27 year old who finally made it to the majors. he just happens to be hot right now.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='537466' date='Aug 31 2007, 12:32 PM']:lol:

he is like a 27 year old who finally made it to the majors. he just happens to be hot right now.[/quote]

Yeah, holy shit. I think it's a little too early to call him the best hitter you've ever seen, Rick. Just a little.

[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='537626' date='Aug 31 2007, 04:45 PM']Yeah, holy shit. I think it's a little too early to call him the best hitter you've ever seen, Rick. Just a little.[/quote]

your probably right.... but he is a hell of a hitter none the less...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='537382' date='Aug 31 2007, 09:34 AM']i like EE alot, but keppinger is the best hitter i've ever seen (except rose)... and i was too young to get to watch much of rose...[/quote]

[i]Rose was unique. I would tell my players that Rose could hit a ball closer to a spot in the outfield than I could throw to the same spot; even if I was standing only 10 feet away.[/i] ;)

[i]His approach at the plate was so businesslike and very intense. Pete would not get cheated; if he got called out on strikes Pete would argue that the ball was a 1/4 inch off the plate[/i] :lol:

Archived