Graduation, Curtis, or Ultimate Victory?

Who Dey Forever

[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='540908' date='Sep 5 2007, 10:11 PM']I've never understood how fuck, piss, shit, bitch, cunt, ass etc.. became derogatory in the first place. They're only words right? Do they hurt anyone? No. It's all a bunch of bullshit if you ask me. Must be a religious thing.[/quote]

Because words have power and there is a need to have certain words that are inappropriate in some circumstances but right for others.

[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='540930' date='Sep 5 2007, 10:57 PM']What is this cumulative affect? Is there a new hip "radioactive" curse word that gives you cancer when you say or hear it? Do you really take offense to these words that you use? Why do you?[/quote]

Because it's inappropriate and the words when used all the time lose their effect. That is what is happening now and once it gets there, folks won't like it.

Personally I don't like to swear and only do so in certain moments. For me everyday conversation I tend to avoid it. In fact I like using family-friendly replacements because that amuses me.

[quote name='Actium' post='540964' date='Sep 6 2007, 01:38 AM']Because it's inappropriate and the words when used all the time lose their effect. That is what is happening now and once it gets there, folks won't like it.

Personally I don't like to swear and only do so in certain moments. For me everyday conversation I tend to avoid it. In fact[b] I like using family-friendly replacements because that amuses me.[/b][/quote]
:lol:

sometimes those are the funniest. cuss words have no meaning to me, until i use them in a violent/attacking way. the word fuck is a wonderful word because it can be used as anything. i tend to use it when trying to emphasize something. when i am pissed off and cuss it comes out differently than just everyday talking, but that can be done with any word not just cuss words.

i dont think ANY word is bad until it is used with intention to be bad and at that point i feel that every word is equally as bad. whether i call someone a shit head or assclown or a fuck or a bitch or a jerk or a doodie head it all has the same intention. i dont think calling someone a bitch or fuck is any more severe than calling someone a jerk or doodie head. maybe thats just me oh well. fuck it.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='540972' date='Sep 6 2007, 02:15 AM']:lol:

sometimes those are the funniest. cuss words have no meaning to me, until i use them in a violent/attacking way. the word fuck is a wonderful word because it can be used as anything. i tend to use it when trying to emphasize something. when i am pissed off and cuss it comes out differently than just everyday talking, but that can be done with any word not just cuss words.

i dont think ANY word is bad until it is used with intention to be bad and at that point i feel that every word is equally as bad. whether i call someone a shit head or assclown or a fuck or a bitch or a jerk or a doodie head it all has the same intention. i dont think calling someone a bitch or fuck is any more severe than calling someone a jerk or doodie head. maybe thats just me oh well. [b]fuck it.[/b][/quote]
he gives another example of how versatile (sp.) the word is...

[url="http://youtube.com/watch?v=CqnvxP0H3lM&mode=related&search="]http://youtube.com/watch?v=CqnvxP0H3lM&amp...ted&search=[/url]

Archived