Graduation, Curtis, or Ultimate Victory?

Who Dey Forever

[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='539242' date='Sep 2 2007, 08:20 PM'][url="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6MCC2BHM"]http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6MCC2BHM[/url]

Curtis.

This one's dirty.

I don't care much for 50 but so far this cd is pretty hot.[/quote]

Ok the 3rd song is edited. WTF i thought this was dirty

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='539355' date='Sep 2 2007, 11:31 PM']Run DMC is so overrated. There's tons of old school artist who shit on them[/quote]

I'm not going to claim I know a lot about rap. I only know a handful of these new guys' songs. But I do know I like Run DMC's output. Most of this music is not meant to last. It's just for the moment. Some of it will be remembered, among which is Run DMC.

[quote name='Notorious' post='539360' date='Sep 3 2007, 12:38 AM'][img]http://futility.typepad.com/futility/images/0disappointed_1.jpg[/img][/quote]

:rolleyes:

All you guys catchin feeling over what I said need to chill. Run DMC was cool but they're overrated by the likes of people like you. How many old school rap artists or groups do you even know of? And how many of them have you actually listened to? You all seem like your just claiming they're the best just because you know who they are and they were popular and OMG they did a song with aerosmith!

[quote]All you guys catchin feeling over what I said need to chill. Run DMC was cool but they're overrated by the likes of people like you. How many old school rap artists or groups do you even know of? And how many of them have you actually listened to? You all seem like your just claiming they're the best just because you know who they are and they were popular and OMG they did a song with aerosmith![/quote]

:hijack:

I don't know about the others, but I grew up listening to rap as a kid in the 80s, 90s, and now. I've probably listened to more old school rap than your parents have! And I don't think anyone above said they were the best!

Ha! You really are showing your age! With comments like that I would have guessed early teens. But I see 18 from your profile. But anyways... ya, there are people/groups out there that I rather listen to now and at that time when run-dmc was out (but run-dmc was on of my favs when I was a kid, along with eric b & rakim, kool moe dee, beastie boys, kurtis blow, gm flash & furious five, big daddy kane, rob base, BDP, PE, S&P, slick rick, fat boys etc etc..) but to say "Run DMC is so overrated" shows you know nothing or very little about old school rap. I would bet most of who you listen to today (unless they are your age) where influenced by run-dmc. They had the first rap album, first rap video on mtv, first rap album to go gold/plat/multi-plat and so on.. you can't read any articles/stories about early rap/hip-hop without run-dmc being mentioned. They revolutionized the game with their first album, they were innovators and originators.

If you get time after listening to whoever you listen to now about how much money they have, or about their whips, bitches, and bling read up on the old school, or listen to some of it. Ya might learn something. ^_^

btw...

:afropic: (^^ damn people that don't allow embedding :angry: )

[quote name='Notorious' post='539754' date='Sep 3 2007, 10:02 PM']:hijack:

I don't know about the others, but I grew up listening to rap as a kid in the 80s, 90s, and now. I've probably listened to more old school rap than your parents have! And I don't think anyone above said they were the best!

Ha! You really are showing your age! With comments like that I would have guessed early teens. But I see 18 from your profile. But anyways... ya, there are people/groups out there that I rather listen to now and at that time when run-dmc was out (but run-dmc was on of my favs when I was a kid, along with eric b & rakim, [color="#FF0000"]kool moe dee, beastie boys[/color], kurtis blow, gm flash & furious five, [color="#FF0000"]big daddy kane, rob base[/color], BDP, PE, S&P, [color="#FF0000"]slick rick, fat boys [/color]etc etc..) but to say "Run DMC is so overrated" shows you know nothing or very little about old school rap. I would bet most of who you listen to today (unless they are your age) where influenced by run-dmc. They had the first rap album, first rap video on mtv, first rap album to go gold/plat/multi-plat and so on.. you can't read any articles/stories about early rap/hip-hop without run-dmc being mentioned. They revolutionized the game with their first album, they were innovators and originators.

If you get time after listening to whoever you listen to now about how much money they have, or about their whips, bitches, and bling read up on the old school, or listen to some of it. Ya might learn something. ^_^
btw...

:afropic: (^^ damn people that don't allow embedding :angry: )[/quote]

Hell yeah!!!!! :049: :bek081:

I used to love Rob base...

:dance:

[quote name='Notorious' post='539754' date='Sep 3 2007, 10:02 PM']:hijack:

Ha! You really are showing your age! With comments like that I would have guessed early teens. But I see 18 from your profile. But anyways... ya, there are people/groups out there that I rather listen to now and at that time when run-dmc was out (but run-dmc was on of my favs when I was a kid, along with eric b & rakim, kool moe dee, beastie boys, kurtis blow, gm flash & furious five, big daddy kane, rob base, BDP, PE, S&P, slick rick, fat boys etc etc..) but to say "Run DMC is so overrated" shows you know nothing or very little about old school rap. I would bet most of who you listen to today (unless they are your age) where influenced by run-dmc. They had the first rap album, first rap video on mtv, first rap album to go gold/plat/multi-plat and so on.. you can't read any articles/stories about early rap/hip-hop without run-dmc being mentioned. They revolutionized the game with their first album, they were innovators and originators.

btw...

:afropic: (^^ damn people that don't allow embedding :angry: )[/quote]

pwned.

Archived