Graduation, Curtis, or Ultimate Victory?

Who Dey Forever

[quote name='Notorious' post='539754' date='Sep 3 2007, 10:02 PM']:hijack:

I don't know about the others, but I grew up listening to rap as a kid in the 80s, 90s, and now. I've probably listened to more old school rap than your parents have! And I don't think anyone above said they were the best!

Ha! You really are showing your age! With comments like that I would have guessed early teens. But I see 18 from your profile. But anyways... ya, there are people/groups out there that I rather listen to now and at that time when run-dmc was out (but run-dmc was on of my favs when I was a kid, along with eric b & rakim, kool moe dee, beastie boys, kurtis blow, gm flash & furious five, big daddy kane, rob base, BDP, PE, S&P, slick rick, fat boys etc etc..) but to say "Run DMC is so overrated" shows you know nothing or very little about old school rap. I would bet most of who you listen to today (unless they are your age) where influenced by run-dmc. They had the first rap album, first rap video on mtv, first rap album to go gold/plat/multi-plat and so on.. you can't read any articles/stories about early rap/hip-hop without run-dmc being mentioned. They revolutionized the game with their first album, they were innovators and originators.

If you get time after listening to whoever you listen to now about how much money they have, or about their whips, bitches, and bling read up on the old school, or listen to some of it. Ya might learn something. ^_^
btw...

:afropic: (^^ damn people that don't allow embedding :angry: )[/quote]

Yeah I dont really care much for the regular commercial music nowadays where every song is about the same damn thing, like how much material possessions you got or disrespectin women, etc... So stop actin like all hip hop thats not "old school" is like that. And I'm glad to see your also a fan of good old school like rakim and kool moe dee and kane. I've got multiple albums from them in my mp3 player. And Slick Rick is not as old school either considering he's released albums up until the turn of the century.

If you would just stop stereotyping me and realizing there's great hip hop music thats been made from the 90's till now, and if you'd turn off the radio and tv you might be able to find some.

Artists like,

Aceyalone
AZ
Boot Camp Clik
C-Rayz Walz
Canibus
Chino XL
Common
Dead Prez
J-Live
Killah Priest
Masta Ace
Mos Def
Murs
Nas
NYOIL
One Be Lo
Pharoahe Monch
Planet Asia
Talib Kweli
The Last Emperor
Tragedy Khadafi
Vakill
Z-Ro

Those are just a few.

But I'm a fan of all hip hop. Old school, 90's, "conscious", gangsta, etc... While you're obviously on some holier than thou elitist strictly old school shit

So dont fuckin think that everything from the 70's, 80's is wonderful and everything after that has been garbage. There's more than fuckin 50 cent and yung joc homeboy.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='539862' date='Sep 4 2007, 01:33 AM']curtis = poop glad i downloaded it for free...[/quote]

Hell yeah. The first few tracks were aight, but the 2nd half of the album is sooo bad. Even the beats are fuckin wack on Movin On Up, Curtis 187, Touch The Sky, Peep Show, etc...

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='539861' date='Sep 4 2007, 01:28 AM']Yeah I dont really care much for the regular commercial music nowadays where every song is about the same damn thing, like how much material possessions you got or disrespectin women, etc... So stop actin like all hip hop thats not "old school" is like that. And I'm glad to see your also a fan of good old school like rakim and kool moe dee and kane. I've got multiple albums from them in my mp3 player. And Slick Rick is not as old school either considering he's released albums up until the turn of the century.

If you would just stop stereotyping me and realizing there's great hip hop music thats been made from the 90's till now, and if you'd turn off the radio and tv you might be able to find some.

Artists like,

Aceyalone
AZ
Boot Camp Clik
C-Rayz Walz
Canibus
Chino XL
Common
Dead Prez
J-Live
Killah Priest
Masta Ace
Mos Def
Murs
Nas
NYOIL
One Be Lo
Pharoahe Monch
Planet Asia
Talib Kweli
The Last Emperor
Tragedy Khadafi
Vakill
Z-Ro

Those are just a few.

But I'm a fan of all hip hop. Old school, 90's, "conscious", gangsta, etc... While you're obviously on some holier than thou elitist strictly old school shit

So dont fuckin think that everything from the 70's, 80's is wonderful and everything after that has been garbage. There's more than fuckin 50 cent and yung joc homeboy.[/quote]
Damn man..... chill out! I don't think Norotrious was trying to sound superior or that DMC and odl hip-hop is the end all be all of rap music. That's just what was hot when he was growing up and now perhaps his music tastes have changed. I know I personally perfer old school hip hop, but I still dig some of the new stuff mainly because I still dig some hip-hop. I still hate the artists that talk about their money, bling, chicks etc. My take on hip-hop...

All the old school that Notorious mentioned
Del the Funky Homosapien
Dan the Automator
Gorillaz
Tribe Called Quest
Kool Herc
Afrikaa Bambaataa
Kurtis Blow

I still get the cravin for some NAS, Kanye, Pac, Meth and Red every once in a while.

50's first cd was awesome. The second was i couldn't even bare to listen to.

I think Kayne will top em all. Stronger is all over the radio. I havent heard any of 50's singles yet...i saw he had one out with Justin Timberlake...kinda gay. I want to hear the one with Dre though.

[quote name='JC' post='540082' date='Sep 4 2007, 03:21 PM']50's first cd was awesome. The second was i couldn't even bare to listen to.

I think Kayne will top em all. Stronger is all over the radio. I havent heard any of 50's singles yet...i saw he had one out with Justin Timberlake...kinda gay. I want to hear the one with Dre though.[/quote]
Ayo Technology? That song is hot..Never heard Straight To The Bank? Follow My Lead? Amusement Park? Fully Loaded Clip? Pretty good songs.

Here you have it, Ultimate Victory.

[url="http://www.sendspace.com/file/50pn4x"]http://www.sendspace.com/file/50pn4x[/url]

Two weeks early too. The uploader made two mistakes: Track 10 is really The Ultimate Vacation and Track 19 is Rocky Road.

Don't bitch if you don't hear any curse words. Cham made this one curse free thanks to Bill O' Reilly. Even the guest appearances are bleaped. This is retail. There will never be an explicit one unless it gets leaked somehow.

Slow uploader I know, I will post better links when I can. Enjoy!

[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='540887' date='Sep 5 2007, 10:51 PM']Here you have it, Ultimate Victory.

[url="http://www.sendspace.com/file/50pn4x"]http://www.sendspace.com/file/50pn4x[/url]
Two weeks early too. The uploader made two mistakes: Track 10 is really The Ultimate Vacation and Track 19 is Rocky Road.

Don't bitch if you don't hear any curse words. Cham made this one curse free thanks to Bill O' Reilly. Even the guest appearances are bleaped. This is retail. There will never be an explicit one unless it gets leaked somehow.

Slow uploader I know, I will post better links when I can. Enjoy![/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//13.gif[/img] :headbang:

Thank you so much man..I will download this but I'm buying a real copy for sure..

[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='540887' date='Sep 5 2007, 08:51 PM']Here you have it, Ultimate Victory.

Slow uploader I know, I will post better links when I can. Enjoy![/quote]
Yeah, without those cursewords, it has no impact........

[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='540909' date='Sep 5 2007, 11:12 PM']I'm only on 71%. Everyone that's listened to it is calling it Album of the Year.[/quote]
Not surprised...Cham has a lot of haters though..Which I don't understand..I'm gonna go to bed though..Be back around 3 A.M. to burn me a copy B)

[quote name='SINcinnati513' post='540908' date='Sep 5 2007, 09:11 PM']I've never understood how fuck, piss, shit, bitch, cunt, ass etc.. became derogatory in the first place. They're only words right? Do they hurt anyone? No. It's all a bunch of bullshit if you ask me. Must be a religious thing.[/quote]
Well, make sure your children get an earful of those words, so they can use them when they refer to you.....since they don't mean anything and all...
Yeah, it's a religious thing and not a human respect one......
:rolleyes:

[quote name='Bunghole' post='540914' date='Sep 5 2007, 11:24 PM']Well, make sure your children get an earful of those words, so they can use them when they refer to you.....since they don't mean anything and all...
:rolleyes:[/quote]
its a word. saying the word shit is no worse than crap. saying the word fuck is no worse than sex. its pussies who make a big deal about it. i dont care if a song has cuss words in it or not tho. i dont buy CDs cuz they have an explicit warning label. i just want to hear the music as it was meant to be and that makes me happy.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='540914' date='Sep 5 2007, 11:24 PM']Well, make sure your children get an earful of those words, so they can use them when they refer to you.....since they don't mean anything and all...
:rolleyes:[/quote]

Well if I were to say," You're a fucking piece of shit." That would be disrespectful. Not because I said fucking or shit but because I insulted you. Words aren't near as bad as their intentions. Society may agree that these words are disrespectful. But what's the difference between saying "screw you" or "fuck you." They both mean the same thing. You can be disrespectful by your tone of voice, by rolling your eyes, by the context of the words you use. But why would any singled word be considered bad or foul?

I understand that foul words are considered just that. But why? and when did this begin?

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='540918' date='Sep 5 2007, 09:35 PM'][b]its a word. saying the word shit is no worse than crap. saying the word fuck is no worse than sex. its pussies who make a big deal about it.[/b] i dont care if a song has cuss words in it or not tho. i dont buy CDs cuz they have an explicit warning label. i just want to hear the music as it was meant to be and that makes me happy.[/quote]
That's simply not true. Words have power. Scream the f-bomb enough at your kids and see if they say it. I guess since it meets your approval, you won't care when your 4 year old says "fuck you, daddy".
Anyway, I'll go beat my head against a brick wall.....because I use those words too...but I don't listen to music that desentitizes me to it, nor do I allow my children to hear that stuff If I can help it....because there is a cumulative affect with regards to the proliferation of profanity in our everday vernacular.....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='540925' date='Sep 5 2007, 11:50 PM']That's simply not true. Words have power. Scream the f-bomb enough at your kids and see if they say it. I guess since it meets your approval, you won't care when your 4 year old says "fuck you, daddy".
Anyway, I'll go beat my head against a brick wall.....because I use those words too...but I don't listen to music that desentitizes me to it, nor do I allow my children to hear that stuff If I can help it....[b]because there is a cumulative affect with regards to the proliferation of profanity in our everday vernacular.....[/b][/quote]

What is this cumulative affect? Is there a new hip "radioactive" curse word that gives you cancer when you say or hear it? Do you really take offense to these words that you use? Why do you?

Archived