al-Qaqaa

Jason

Remember that story? It was SUCH a big deal before the election. Somehow on the Bush watch, they managed to "lose" 380 tons of explosives. The kind used to trigger nuclear weapons (kind of interesting in light of the No WMD theory).

What happened to that story?

Haven't heard a PEEP about it since the election. Has anyone else?

Is it possible the entire story was a crock? Dreamed up to help beat Bush?

If it wasn't, why has the story DISAPPEARED since the election???

I don't remember this story... who lost the explosives and where? My feeling is that if a story like that fades away like it has, there was never much to it in the first place...

Maybe they found the explosives... you know the media: when the shit hits the fan, it's front page news, but if it doesn't stick to the walls, you read about it on page D28.

because the liberals controll the media and keep anything positive about bush or the war out of it.. same reason we dont here about the sucesses in iraq<< MY BUDDY IS A GI.. nice guy thinks we are doing alot of good over there. he is in the third infantry and he tells me all the time how the media gives them such bad exposure

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 7 2005, 01:46 PM']because the liberals controll the media and keep anything positive about bush or the war out of it.. same reason we dont here about the sucesses in iraq<< MY BUDDY IS A GI.. nice guy thinks we are doing alot of good over there. he is in the third infantry and he tells me all the time how the media gives them such bad exposure
[right][post="57865"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

How is 380 tons of missing explosives a positive story about Bush or the war?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Mar 7 2005, 03:21 PM']How is 380 tons of missing explosives a positive story about Bush or the war?
[right][post="57895"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It's not. Which is why it is so "curious" that the story disappeared after the election. If this is such a big story, and there is any truth to it, why did it go away after Bush got re-elected?

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Mar 7 2005, 02:21 PM']How is 380 tons of missing explosives a positive story about Bush or the war?
[right][post="57895"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I f the dicrepency was figured out, and wasn't as bad as expected, it would be positive for Bush.

Guest LoyalFanInGA
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Mar 7 2005, 02:46 PM']because the liberals controll the media and keep anything positive about bush or the war out of it.. same reason we dont here about the sucesses in iraq<< MY BUDDY IS A GI.. nice guy thinks we are doing alot of good over there. [b]he is in the third infantry and he tells me all the time how the media gives them such bad exposure[/b]
[right][post="57865"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
How can he judge if it is good or bad exposure if he doesn't have access to the press coverage? I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just asking a question.

[quote name='LoyalFanInGA' date='Mar 10 2005, 09:01 AM']How can he judge if it is good or bad exposure if he doesn't have access to the press coverage?  I'm not trying to start an argument, I'm just asking a question.
[right][post="59791"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
What makes you think the don't have access to press coverage? This is the information age baby. They get CNN et al.

Guest LoyalFanInGA
[quote name='sean' date='Mar 10 2005, 11:03 AM']What makes you think the don't have access to press coverage? This is the information age baby. They get CNN et al.
[right][post="59824"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
And you know this as fact?

Guest LoyalFanInGA
[quote name='sean' date='Mar 10 2005, 11:03 AM'][b]What makes you think the don't have access to press coverage?[/b] This is the information age baby. They get CNN et al.
[right][post="59824"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Maybe because I'm in the 3rd Infantry, also. When I invaded the damn country our only contact with the outside world was a little crank powered radio to pick up the BBC. We had a Newsweek report embedded with us who I saw almost daily, 2 from the BBC who didn't stick around after the battle in Karbala. I'm not currently in Iraq for my second tour with 3rd ID because I get out in less than 60 days. ( A topic I'll be more than happy to discuss after I regain my freedom of speech.) But, I'm on the satellite phone with them 5 days a week. Not everyone has access to the news. Satisfied, baby?

Guest LoyalFanInGA
It's not easy to report touchy-feely stories when you're surrounded by shit. Take this board for example. The controversial topics get the most discussion. Controversy sells newspapers and increases your Neilson ratings.

Guest LoyalFanInGA
He needs to realize the critisism is directed at the politicians making the decisions. Not at the service members executing their policies. I understand what he is going through. I rarely watch the news because it pisses me off too much.

Archived