So it's back to this

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='554345' date='Sep 22 2007, 09:36 PM']see I dont' see a high-round LB pick next year unless one of the current LB's doesn't return. I see us going d-line. You have to consider, all these guys will be back:
Pollack
Thurman (I can't see him getting a 3rd year at this point)
Brooks
Jeanty
Henderson

Then, resign Landon. There's your 6LB's and you can keep a Marshall or Jones as well if you like, or a mid round draft pick.

Once they are all healthy, I just don't see LB as a weakness.[/quote]

Ok, but 2 years out of the league for both Pollack and Thurman is a lifetime, and with Pollack its competely unknown, i think we address Dline too, but I think a 1st or 2nd round LB is possible.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='554352' date='Sep 22 2007, 09:53 PM']Ok, but 2 years out of the league for both Pollack and Thurman is a lifetime, and with Pollack its competely unknown, i think we address Dline too, but I think a 1st or 2nd round LB is possible.[/quote]

you make a good point, but would OTA's and training camp not be enough for them?

(And I'm holding out hope that Pollack is back week 10 ^_^ )

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='554345' date='Sep 22 2007, 09:36 PM']see I dont' see a high-round LB pick next year unless one of the current LB's doesn't return. I see us going d-line. You have to consider, all these guys will be back:
Pollack
Thurman (I can't see him getting a 3rd year at this point)
Brooks
Jeanty
Henderson

Then, resign Landon. There's your 6LB's and you can keep a Marshall or Jones as well if you like, or a mid round draft pick.

Once they are all healthy, I just don't see LB as a weakness.[/quote]

quality analysis, we have the same situation at D-line, ...

peko
jt
geathers
fanane
toeainia
myers?

if we get a comp 3rd rounder i wouldnt be surprised to see a DL and LB pick in the first 3 rounds.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='554359' date='Sep 22 2007, 10:00 PM']you make a good point, but would OTA's and training camp not be enough for them?
(And I'm holding out hope that Pollack is back week 10 ^_^ )[/quote]

would it for any rookie?

that would be huge at least emotionally for the team, if he can contribute even better, but i just dont see it at this point...hope im wrong, i hope he pulls a teddy brucshi

[quote name='GoBengals' post='554360' date='Sep 22 2007, 10:01 PM']quality analysis, we have the same situation at D-line, ...

peko
jt
geathers
fanane
toeainia
myers?

if we get a comp 3rd rounder i wouldnt be surprised to see a DL and LB pick in the first 3 rounds.[/quote]

We have 9 D-lineman on the roster right now, right? So that stands to reason that we'll pick up at least one in the draft, at the very least drafting a DE to replace Justin.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='554365' date='Sep 22 2007, 10:08 PM']We have 9 D-lineman on the roster right now, right? So that stands to reason that we'll pick up at least one in the draft, at the very least drafting a DE to replace Justin.[/quote]

i think fanane or rucker are meant for that role, but i agree another needs in the mix, i think comes round 2-3 if there is a "star" at either LB or DE we take them. it would suck to start a raw rook at DE next year. so i think rucker or fanane get some start time and split with a rookie.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='554378' date='Sep 22 2007, 10:32 PM']i think fanane or rucker are meant for that role, but i agree another needs in the mix, i think comes round 2-3 if there is a "star" at either LB or DE we take them. it would suck to start a raw rook at DE next year. so i think rucker or fanane get some start time and split with a rookie.[/quote]

I think they are meant for that role as well, but I still think they need to show something this year before that becomes fact. Rucker hasn't been healthy, and Fanene has shown promise, but hasn't been in the lineup to do it on a consistent basis.

Archived