And a way we go

Still pissed after last night and how bad our defense was. Ben played like shit 1st half but played great 2nd. Have no clue why the 1st half play calling was the way it was. Parker vs that defense should have been "money" but they insisted on Passing their ass off and then after the fumble it was too big of a hole. In our 2 losses 3rd down defense and wretched offensive line play has been our undoing.

Anyway hopefully this weeks game will be a great one. Of course I'm a homer so I'm gonna say we will win but it will be extremly high scoring. Palmer will probably have a big game since our Secondary on the road has been horrid. I think Fast Willie and Ben will have big games as well.

Final 31-27 Stillers

Let me have it........... :P

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='575846' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:45 AM']Still pissed after last night and how bad our defense was. Ben played like shit 1st half but played great 2nd. Have no clue why the 1st half play calling was the way it was. Parker vs that defense should have been "money" but they insisted on Passing their ass off and then after the fumble it was too big of a hole. In our 2 losses 3rd down defense and wretched offensive line play has been our undoing.

Anyway hopefully this weeks game will be a great one. Of course I'm a homer so I'm gonna say we will win but it will be extremly high scoring. Palmer will probably have a big game since our Secondary on the road has been horrid. I think Fast Willie and Ben will have big games as well.

Final 31-27 Stillers

Let me have it........... :P[/quote]
I think it'll be a great game. I'd take that score - just in favor of the good guys...

You lost that game last night because as you put it "they insisted on Passing their ass off" and we all know Ben can't win a game... ;)

just shittin with you - don't want to have oftt4 throwing 40,000 fantasy statistics to prove why he's as good as Palmer... :P

with you guys and the ratbirds losing yesterday we're back in it a little. A win this weekend gets us back to within a game and our schedule, aside from our North games remaining gets A LOT easier. That one game lead shrinks to 0 since you still have to play NE and they'll get to at least 13-0 and then when they have home-field locked up they may lose a game or two resting players. Baltimore has to play Indy so that is an L for them - I think it's going to get crazier before it is all said and done.

Needless to say, this isn't a must-win as I think we only need to split with you guys this year, but it'd be easier to win it at home than at Heinz... then again, theoretically we should have the Stealer killer Henry back then too.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='575909' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:28 PM']I think it'll be a great game. I'd take that score - just in favor of the good guys...

You lost that game last night because as you put it "they insisted on Passing their ass off" and we all know Ben can't win a game... ;)

just shittin with you - [color="#FF0000"]don't want to have oftt4 throwing 40,000 fantasy statistics to prove why he's as good as Palmer[/color]... :P

with you guys and the ratbirds losing yesterday we're back in it a little. A win this weekend gets us back to within a game and our schedule, aside from our North games remaining gets A LOT easier. That one game lead shrinks to 0 since you still have to play NE and they'll get to at least 13-0 and then when they have home-field locked up they may lose a game or two resting players. Baltimore has to play Indy so that is an L for them - I think it's going to get crazier before it is all said and done.

Needless to say, this isn't a must-win as I think we only need to split with you guys this year, but it'd be easier to win it at home than at Heinz... then again, theoretically we should have the Stealer killer Henry back then too.[/quote]

:lol:

I posted this in our main forum, but it fits here.

Without Chris Henry any team that has played Cover 2 against us has been successful as we either abandon the run or dont have a good 3rd option to throw to. Holt played well as the #3 this week, but the steelers are not the Jets (however their pass D didnt look too good against Cutler).

We need to run sure, but thier running D is very good and their passing D is not, I think we might need a 60/40 passing game this week, but we have to involve others when they go cover 2 and double both Chad and TJ. This is seriously lacking, imo with Henry out (yes i said it twice, its that important), Reggie Kelly could help here in the passing game, slants to Holt could help, maybe an activated Chris Perry could help on some snaps catching the ball (as I dont expect much, needs to get into game shape, but a few snaps could help). But get others involved when Chad and TJ are both doubled.

In Bengals Weekly this past week, Brooks said he was about 80-85 percent, and not running in pain anymore. I think he will get some time and with as bad as their Oline has been this could be huge.

discipline, discipline, discipline on D..stay in your gaps, dont be creative and do your job. Big Jen will eat you alive if he gets out of the pocket (not so much in it) and if you can stay disciplined and keep him in the pocket and forcing him to pass he will make mistakes.

And as bad as their Oline has been playing, we need to attack attack attack. None of this soft zone stuff, BE AGGRESSIVE.

12th man be loud on every snap to help the D, they seem to get up for games when you do.

For you guys, play the cover 2 on D and double up on Chad and TJ. The talent after those two drops off dramaticly, so if they are taken out it could be a long day is the running game isnt clicking either, and you will be alot tougher to run on than the Jets.

On O, run the ball but also get Miller involved as we suck at covering TEs.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='575909' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:28 PM']I think it'll be a great game. I'd take that score - just in favor of the good guys...

just shittin with you - don't want to have oftt4 throwing 40,000 fantasy statistics to prove why he's as good as Palmer... :P[/quote]

You mean "fantasy" statistics like wins, passer rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt, TD%, and INT%?

Ok. I wont use any of those. How exactly do you compare two QB's then?

As for the Steelers-Bengals game...I dont know what to think after that showing last night. I will still pick the Steelers to win it...and I am still willing to keep my running bet with Jaime (if he isnt still pissed that I started Ben in my fantasy league).

[quote name='oftt4' post='575922' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:45 PM']You mean "fantasy" statistics like wins, passer rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt, TD%, and INT%?

As for the Steelers-Bengals game...I dont know what to think after that showing last night. I will still pick the Steelers to win it...and I am still willing to keep my running bet with Jaime (if he isnt still pissed that I started Ben in my fantasy league).[/quote]

Still bitter. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Just like every other game, Ill let you know once the injury report comes out. (im wanting to see brooks status)

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='575930' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:50 PM']Still bitter. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Just like every other game, Ill let you know once the injury report comes out. (im wanting to see brooks status)[/quote]

What am I bitter about, exactly?

[quote name='oftt4' post='575936' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:54 PM']What am I bitter about, exactly?[/quote]

Maybe its me, but Ive noticed a pattern that every time you pull up stats and what not attempting to show Ben is on the same level as Carson, Ben goes out and does his best to prove you wrong. ^_^

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='575941' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:56 PM']Maybe its me, but Ive noticed a pattern that every time you pull up stats and what not attempting to show Ben is on the same level as Carson, Ben goes out and does his best to prove you wrong. ^_^[/quote]

Go check all of those stats that I listed above...even AFTER Ben "proved me wrong".

[quote name='oftt4' post='575969' date='Oct 22 2007, 01:14 PM']Go check all of those stats that I listed above...even AFTER Ben "proved me wrong".[/quote]

Come on man, he didnt play very well yesterday, at least not in the 1st half and again as I said before, didnt play well until he got outside of the pocket. You have to admit it was not a good day for him overall.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='575971' date='Oct 22 2007, 01:15 PM']Come on man, he didnt play very well yesterday, at least not in the 1st half and again as I said before, didnt play well until he got outside of the pocket. You have to admit it was not a good day for him overall.[/quote]

Not in the first half, no. And the fact the he needed to get outside the pocket shows that he had no time IN the pocket. How is that a knock on him? His Oline didnt protect him for shit.

But at the end of the game, Ben tied the game.

As for not being a good day, his passer rating was 108, he completed 69% of his passes, he threw 4TD's 2INT's....I will take that kind of bad day occasionally.

[quote name='oftt4' post='575922' date='Oct 22 2007, 12:45 PM']You mean "fantasy" statistics like wins, passer rating, completion percentage, yards per attempt, TD%, and INT%?

As for the Steelers-Bengals game...I dont know what to think after that showing last night. I will still pick the Steelers to win it...and I am still willing to keep my running bet with Jaime (if he isnt still pissed that I started Ben in my fantasy league).[/quote]
I even preface my comment with a "just shittin you" and a smiley :P face and you still felt the need to reply...

Incredible.

By fantasy - I mean the ones you were pissing out in another now famous topic regarding "well, Ben scores me 12-14 pretty consistently but Palmer will either get me 9 or 28...". Again, I was just fucking with you. Ease up. I don't want to read down through 400 posts arguing something that isn't going to be resolved in a message board anyway...

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='575846' date='Oct 22 2007, 11:45 AM'][color="#0000FF"]Still pissed after last night and how bad our defense was. Ben played like shit 1st half but played great 2nd. Have no clue why the 1st half play calling was the way it was. Parker vs that defense should have been "money" but they insisted on Passing their ass off and then after the fumble it was too big of a hole. In our 2 losses 3rd down defense and wretched offensive line play has been our undoing. [/color]

Final 31-27 Stillers

Let me have it........... :P[/quote]

Nailed it. Parker was averaging 4.5 ypc + our O-line has Ben running for is life = RUN THE BALL. Ben is not going to make it through the season with Marvel Smith and Colon playin tackle. Also we did very little blitzing last night, a lot less than usual and i have no idea why. But I digress... should be a good game this week, looking forward to it. I'm takin' the Steelers by 7. :P

[quote name='oftt4' post='575977' date='Oct 22 2007, 01:23 PM']Not in the first half, no. And the fact the he needed to get outside the pocket shows that he had no time IN the pocket. How is that a knock on him? His Oline didnt protect him for shit.

But at the end of the game, Ben tied the game.

As for not being a good day, his passer rating was 108, he completed 69% of his passes, he threw 4TD's 2INT's....I will take that kind of bad day occasionally.[/quote]

That is exactly what I have been saying all this time, he is great at getting outside of the pocket and making things happen there, but not so much in the pocket. His oline has been horrible (much like carson's during these losses, granted not nearly as bad) and he is able to scramble and make somthing happen because he's had to.

Im not sure why you have issue with me saying that, he's good at that, if he wasnt you'd be in a world of hurt. But Im not conviced he is "on par with palmer" as a pocket passer, dont give me the TD to INT ratio, our Oline play has been bad and most of the INTs havent been his fault.

But then I know you dont watch bengals games to really know that.

[quote name='frankie martin' post='575991' date='Oct 22 2007, 01:39 PM']Nailed it. Parker was averaging 4.5 ypc + our O-line has Ben running for is life = RUN THE BALL. Ben is not going to make it through the season with Marvel Smith and Colon playin tackle. Also we did very little blitzing last night, a lot less than usual and i have no idea why. But I digress... should be a good game this week, looking forward to it. I'm takin' the Steelers by 7. :P[/quote]

Me out on a limb: You take a linemen with your 1st pick in the draft. And we (depending on FA) take a linebacker.

just shittin with you - don't want to have oftt4 throwing 40,000 fantasy statistics to prove why he's as good as Palmer... :P

Needless to say, this isn't a must-win as I think we only need to split with you guys this year, but it'd be easier to win it at home than at Heinz... then again, theoretically we should have the Stealer killer Henry back then too.[/quote]

Mostly I'm pissed that when we lost to Arizona we had opportunity to go up 2 games on the rest of the division and blew it and then yesterday with a chance to go up 1 1/2 games on the rest of the division we blew it again. Next 2 games are crucial for us. We win against you then sorry, you won't catch us this year. Then we win against the Ravens then they will be 2 back against us and then we would have to fight of the Browns, lol. We sweep the next 2 we will win the divison. Ravens suck this year and I'd have to say I'm more concerend about you all on Sunday on the road then Monday night against Kyle Boller or Steve McNair.

Hopefully Ben Palmer and Carson Roethlisberger will both have great games and all the comparisons can stop.

[quote name='bammorrisgotmehigh' post='576252' date='Oct 22 2007, 05:19 PM']Mostly I'm pissed that when we lost to Arizona we had opportunity to go up 2 games on the rest of the division and blew it and then yesterday with a chance to go up 1 1/2 games on the rest of the division we blew it again. Next 2 games are crucial for us. We win against you then sorry, you won't catch us this year. Then we win against the Ravens then they will be 2 back against us and then we would have to fight of the Browns, lol. We sweep the next 2 we will win the divison. Ravens suck this year and I'd have to say I'm more concerend about you all on Sunday on the road then Monday night against Kyle Boller or Steve McNair.

Hopefully Ben Palmer and Carson Roethlisberger will both have great games and all the comparisons can stop.[/quote]
I disagree on the won't catch you... if we just split, you still have Indy and NE - those are both losses. As for Baltimore - their best days are behind them. Their defense is nice, but nothing special, and their offense is junk.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='576589' date='Oct 23 2007, 09:27 AM']I disagree on the won't catch you... if we just split, [b]you still have Indy and NE - those are both losses[/b]. As for Baltimore - their best days are behind them. Their defense is nice, but nothing special, and their offense is junk.[/quote]

Actually the Steelers don't play Indy this year. They play home vs. Jacksonville and at New England. So I'm thinking they'll go 1-1 vs. those 2 although Jacksonville has played the Steelers well the last couple times they've met. The Ravens are the ones that play both Indy and NE and both of those games should be home games for Baltimore but it won't matter because Baltimore will lose both.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived