Rock Band

rizzy

It's sold out everywhere here. I've been looking online and couldn't find the bundle pack anywhere. You could get it on ebay for $300+ but I'd rather just wait. I've got so many games right now (Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Bioshock) that I haven't played that much of that just adding another one would be overkill. I'll definitely be getting it when it's available, though. On that note, if you find it somewhere let me know.

[quote name='natifanatic' post='596839' date='Nov 20 2007, 12:13 PM']It's sold out everywhere here. I've been looking online and couldn't find the bundle pack anywhere. You could get it on ebay for $300+ but I'd rather just wait. I've got so many games right now (Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Bioshock) that I haven't played that much of that just adding another one would be overkill. I'll definitely be getting it when it's available, though. On that note, if you find it somewhere let me know.[/quote]
Toys R Us had some left online you may wanna check there. I just bought one from them about an hour ago.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' post='596887' date='Nov 20 2007, 01:47 PM']Toys R Us had some left online you may wanna check there. I just bought one from them about an hour ago.[/quote]

yeah i noticed that

a lot of people are saying after they buy it from there it says that the game is on backorder

let me know if you get that also

[quote name='rizzy' post='596890' date='Nov 20 2007, 01:52 PM']yeah i noticed that

a lot of people are saying after they buy it from there it says that the game is on backorder

let me know if you get that also[/quote]
So far I have not seen anything about a backorder. I just checked on my order and it says it is still processing. I will let you know though.

[quote name='The Entertainer' post='596954' date='Nov 20 2007, 12:42 PM']I saw it being played at Best Buy last night. Looks pretty sweet and the graphics are awesome. Some "African American" guy was singing "Tom Sawyer" by Rush :lol:

Anyway, the Best Buy that I was at had over 500 pre-orders on Monday alone before 6pm last night :o[/quote]

So I'm guessing they're sold out.

[quote name='natifanatic' post='596907' date='Nov 20 2007, 02:21 PM']If you see backorder let us know. I found it at a different site, but it was $20 more than Toys R Us. So if I can get it same time for cheaper, I would definitely do it.[/quote]
I got an e-mail from toys r us and it said special order: awaiting inventory. I am not sure what that means but you probably should go with the one on a different site.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' post='596990' date='Nov 20 2007, 04:49 PM']I got an e-mail from toys r us and it said special order: awaiting inventory. I am not sure what that means but you probably should go with the one on a different site.[/quote]

yeah that is the message other people are getting

toys r us needs to change that to show on the website, i am sure there are a lot of people thinking they got it then they get that message

[quote name='natifanatic' post='596965' date='Nov 20 2007, 04:10 PM']So I'm guessing they're sold out.[/quote]

Yes, my friend who is the store manager said that they received 75 copies in store on Sunday night, and after they kept 10 for employees and had pre-orders topping over 1,300, they were sold out in no time. Their next expected shipment of 60 :thumbsdown: is coming in tonight for Black Friday :schla15: which means that there won't be any available for Friday :russian:

I always think of that episode of South Park when I see these things.

All these people devoting hours upon hours to master this game. Totally worthless in real life.

It is kind of like my "Everquest revelation" maybe 5 years ago. I was sitting there pressing buttons over and over again "training my characters skill level" in being able to play different instruments. Then it occurred to me.

Isn't my real guitar just sitting in the closet?

Now don't get me wrong. I have devoted a lot of time to Madden Football over the years and it hasn't made me a better football player. But not everybody can be a football player. ANYBODY can play guitar. Why not make the interface like, umm, a real guitar?

When I heard about Guitar hero, I thought it was a great idea. Then I went to BestBuy and saw what it was. I was like "5 buttons?" "So let me get this straight...you put all these hours into this, and it makes you no better at the actual guitar. 6 strings replaced by 5 buttons.

I must be getting old, I guess.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='597861' date='Nov 23 2007, 12:03 PM']I always think of that episode of South Park when I see these things.

All these people devoting hours upon hours to master this game. Totally worthless in real life.

It is kind of like my "Everquest revelation" maybe 5 years ago. I was sitting there pressing buttons over and over again "training my characters skill level" in being able to play different instruments. Then it occurred to me.

Now don't get me wrong. I have devoted a lot of time to Madden Football over the years and it hasn't made me a better football player. But not everybody can be a football player. ANYBODY can play guitar. Why not make the interface like, umm, a real guitar?

When I heard about Guitar hero, I thought it was a great idea. Then I went to BestBuy and saw what it was. I was like "5 buttons?" "So let me get this straight...you put all these hours into this, and it makes you no better at the actual guitar. 6 strings replaced by 5 buttons.

I must be getting old, I guess.[/quote]

I agree with you, but its just so damn hard to find a good bass player.
No hassle of dealing with drunken band mates who miss practice and don't learn their parts.
It's pretty nice if you think about it.
Plus you don't ever have to buy new sticks or strings :)

I guess I could say the same for those who play FPS games, skateboarding games or anything else ... Why not get a real gun and go out and shoot people? Why not get a real skateboard and go out and skate?

Kind of silly, if you ask me. We play games cause we suck at those things in real life. ;)

I guess my point was just, why not make the guitar interface like, umm, a guitar? 6 strings, 22 frets. Wouldn't be too hard...

The easy level could even just use the first 5 frets instead of 5 buttons. Then when you are playing Slash's solo or whatever, you'd actually be playing Slash's solo, instead of playing Simon Says wrapped around a guitar, which is all it is.

Again, I just don't get it. The game concept is cool as hell. But why dumb it down? Guitar is already a dumbed down instrument, as it is, comparatively.

a long time ago on original NES they had a game that used a real keyboard and you had to buy the full size keyboard that plugged into the controller slot.

Its how i learned how to play piano.

[img]http://www.nesplayer.com/database/accessories/images/piano.jpg[/img]

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='597861' date='Nov 23 2007, 09:03 AM']I always think of that episode of South Park when I see these things.

I must be getting old, I guess.[/quote]

I will say that Guitar Hero peaked my interest in the guitar. I played the game for a while and then thought, man, if I could do this in REAL life it would be totally bad ass. So I went out and got a guitar for the first time in my life and started practicing. It's so tough to play a musical instrument when you have never played one previously. I'm still working at it, but the game kind of gives me that little hope that someday, I might be good at the real version. The game is fun, and that's what its purpose is, trying to learn the real guitar is work.

Archived