OSU vs LSU

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='604430' date='Dec 4 2007, 10:07 AM']yeeeeaa, that's why you take a shot at OSU in everyone of your posts.

I don't disagree that LSU will probably have a crowd advantage, though I'm not sure as many tickets go to local business as you think. A very large number of them go to companies that sell tickets. Probably 10,000 or so.[/quote]
You're right - I do take a shot at OSU in most posts. I'm openly said that I can't stand OSU. I'm not hiding behind anything and when given an opportunity I'll take it. But, we're speaking of crowd size in a dome 1 hour from one of the team's campus. Not a whole lot to throw a punch at there, I don't think.

Regarding this issue - I'm not at all. It applies to any school. It is just the law of averages.

Let me assure you, you'll know when I'm taking a shot. ;)

OSU is fucking over their students, they are charging 185 a ticket(which i really dont have a problem with) but you have to enter an online ticket lottery and give your credit card information. If you win the lottery your CC gets charged automatically, which makes it real hard for you to go with friends, because if youre the only one to win then your fucked. because the tickets has your name on it and you cant resell. I have to agree with Vol here though, OSU fans do travel extremely well but i think this situation is set up for the Superdome to be at minimum 60-40 LSU fans.

With that being said, as an OSU student/fan I have two reasons to be happy we are playing LSU. 1. they run a traditional offense, nothing like WV, or ILL, or MIZZOU. OSU seems to do pretty well against the run with they are facing a conventional run game. 2. I believe Les Miles to be HIGHLY overrated as a coach, ive watched a ton of LSUs games this year and I could easily see a Les Miles decision costing LSU the game.

Last rant I promise, as for those "experts" that say they would want to see GEO and USC in the title game because "they are playing the best right now", really makes me wonder how they have a job. Are we deciding who plays in the NC game based on teams last 5 games or what. I thought your suppose to look at the entire body of work. GEO got pounded by Tenn at home, and didnt even win their on conference much less play in the con title game. As for USC they lost to Stanford! At Home! A Stanford team that lost to Notre Dame.Cmon now. Yes, the big ten is down but I think they got it right in putting LSUvs OSu, OSU lost to a BCS bowl team and LSU in the words of Les Miles "are undefeated in regulation"(if that makes you feel better Les)

[quote name='dieselman44' post='604448' date='Dec 4 2007, 11:13 AM']OSU is fucking over their students, they are charging 185 a ticket(which i really dont have a problem with) but you have to enter an online ticket lottery and give your credit card information. If you win the lottery your CC gets charged automatically, which makes it real hard for you to go with friends, because if youre the only one to win then your fucked. because the tickets has your name on it and you cant resell. I have to agree with Vol here though, OSU fans do travel extremely well but i think this situation is set up for the Superdome to be at minimum 60-40 LSU fans.[/quote]

That's basically the way they did it in 2002, except you CC wasn't automatically charged. You can resell however, unless that's changed. Anyway, I"m sure students are happy they'd get a ticket at all.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='604451' date='Dec 4 2007, 11:30 AM']That's basically the way they did it in 2002, except you CC wasn't automatically charged. You can resell however, unless that's changed. Anyway, I"m sure students are happy they'd get a ticket at all.[/quote]

Last year for the NC game, you had to go to the ticket office, get a ticket with nothing on it that notified it was yours, then in a couple days they posted the numbers of the winning tickets and you had a couple days to decide if you wanted to turn in the winning ticket and pay for a ticket to the game. this was much easier bc you could have a bunch of people that werent gonna go to the game get lottery tickets that way you hada bunch of chances for you and your friends that really wanted to go.

[quote name='dieselman44' post='604448' date='Dec 4 2007, 11:13 AM']OSU is fucking over their students, they are charging 185 a ticket(which i really dont have a problem with) but you have to enter an online ticket lottery and give your credit card information. If you win the lottery your CC gets charged automatically, which makes it real hard for you to go with friends, because if youre the only one to win then your fucked. because the tickets has your name on it and you cant resell. I have to agree with Vol here though, OSU fans do travel extremely well but i think this situation is set up for the Superdome to be at minimum 60-40 LSU fans.

With that being said, as an OSU student/fan I have two reasons to be happy we are playing LSU. 1. they run a traditional offense, nothing like WV, or ILL, or MIZZOU. OSU seems to do pretty well against the run with they are facing a conventional run game. 2. [b]I believe Les Miles to be HIGHLY overrated as a coach, ive watched a ton of LSUs games this year and I could easily see a Les Miles decision costing LSU the game.[/b]

Last rant I promise, as for those "experts" that say they would want to see GEO and USC in the title game because "they are playing the best right now", really makes me wonder how they have a job. Are we deciding who plays in the NC game based on teams last 5 games or what. I thought your suppose to look at the entire body of work. [b]GEO got pounded by Tenn at home[/b], and didnt even win their on conference much less play in the con title game. As for USC they lost to Stanford! At Home! A Stanford team that lost to Notre Dame.Cmon now. Yes, the big ten is down but I think they got it right in putting LSUvs OSu, OSU lost to a BCS bowl team and LSU in the words of Les Miles "are undefeated in regulation"(if that makes you feel better Les)[/quote]
I agree. OSU fans should be happy they're playing a Les Miles team but sad that he's not going to Michigan so they could play him every year! LSU won games this in in spite of him.

We played Georgia at Neyland, not Georgia. But, I get your point. And, I don't care who was hurt, for USC to be a 41 point favorite and to lose straight up is unacceptable.

If one team, IMO, has any gripe it'd be Oklahoma - they're peaking right now. Also, hypothetically if they were going to go on teams playing well right now - one game I'd like to see would be Oklahoma vs. Florida. With LSU hurt right now, Florida is better. In a month when healthy, I like LSU a little more. As for OSU, all they've got to say is "we've only got 1 loss"... and nobody can really argue it other than to say who'd you play but that just doesn't solve anything and only presents further argument.

Gawd...

Just give me an 8 team playoff and any team that has any right to bitch would be included and it'd be put up or shut up, essentially.

OSU might be favorites, but I can't help but be a little troubled in their declining passing game. They have been incredibly inconsistant the past few games. Wells can't do it all by himself and LSU's defensive line is pretty dominant. But LSU's offense is nothing to write home about either, they are pretty average in both aspects of offense.

Off the cuff prediction: 27-21 OSU.

Archived