Obama's "Race Speech"

BlackJesus

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='645178' date='Mar 21 2008, 03:30 PM']You have too much faith in people or at least a lot more than I do.[/quote]

That very well could be it, it could also be that our expeiences in where we live make our viewpoints different, being that I live in the DC area this stuff gets discussed all the time vs you in NJ probabally dont get people discussing it. But in reguards to the people in this forum that post in this section of the site, im pretty comfortable with the folks posting here and their motiviations and I just dont see what you do with reguards to these people in this part of the forum.

I don't think I referred to any particular portion of the forum. I was just saying forum in general. In fact, I have no idea why I even post on this board. I'm not a sports fanatic. I am in the sense that I enjoy playing sports myself, and that I will go to the occasional sporting event, but thats it. Anyway, I have little faith in sports nazis and thats just a whole other discussion.

Has there ever been a thread about the amount athletes get paid? I think they get paid too much. We should be spending our money on more worthy causes and yet its the American people that pay for these athletes salaries.

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='646005' date='Mar 25 2008, 12:47 PM']I don't think I referred to any particular portion of the forum. I was just saying forum in general. In fact, I have no idea why I even post on this board. I'm not a sports fanatic. I am in the sense that I enjoy playing sports myself, and that I will go to the occasional sporting event, but thats it. Anyway, I have little faith in sports nazis and thats just a whole other discussion.

[b]Has there ever been a thread about the amount athletes get paid[/b]? I think they get paid too much. We should be spending our money on more worthy causes and yet its the American people that pay for these athletes salaries.[/quote]
That is another topic for another day... I agree with the money that is spent being too much.

But the same can be said for actors / actresses, etc. as they're making entirely too much money for a job that doesn't require the physical toll that professional sports do...

[quote name='ScarletKnight' post='646005' date='Mar 25 2008, 11:47 AM']I don't think I referred to any particular portion of the forum. I was just saying forum in general. In fact, I have no idea why I even post on this board. I'm not a sports fanatic. I am in the sense that I enjoy playing sports myself, and that I will go to the occasional sporting event, but thats it. Anyway, I have little faith in sports nazis and thats just a whole other discussion.

Has there ever been a thread about the amount athletes get paid? I think they get paid too much. We should be spending our money on more worthy causes and yet its the American people that pay for these athletes salaries.[/quote]

I wouldn't worry about how much athletes are getting paid, I'd worry about the profit margins of the franchises in general. With the amount of money each franchise is making off the sweat and blood of those athletes, it's only fair that a good % gets directed towards the players. Would I love to see the entire NFL (and NBA, MLB, NHL, etc), from owners down to players, agree to take a large paycut so some of that revenue could go to charities/research/whatever? Sure would. But there are so many industries you could say that about, sports just happen to be the most visible.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='646018' date='Mar 25 2008, 12:37 PM']That is another topic for another day... I agree with the money that is spent being too much.

But the same can be said for actors / actresses, etc. as they're making entirely too much money for a job that doesn't require the physical toll that professional sports do...[/quote]

Agreed

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='646029' date='Mar 25 2008, 01:53 PM']I wouldn't worry about how much athletes are getting paid, I'd worry about the profit margins of the franchises in general. With the amount of money each franchise is making off the sweat and blood of those athletes, it's only fair that a good % gets directed towards the players. Would I love to see the entire NFL (and NBA, MLB, NHL, etc), from owners down to players, agree to take a large paycut so some of that revenue could go to charities/research/whatever? Sure would. But there are so many industries you could say that about, sports just happen to be the most visible.[/quote]

I also agree with this as well.

Franchises are solely interested in profit increase. That means they are never satisfied, 10 mill a year isnt enough, 10 bill a year isnt enough, 10 trill a year won't be enough.

Archived