Just Dismal

JRock476

What a disappointment this season is turning out to be. I was really excited at the start at all of our great prospects and now we are just terrible. (not that we weren't before). Patterson is a 3 mil joke. Every game I tune in lately it seems he makes a stupid baserunning error.

Why is Hopper not playing more? He had a great finish last year only to earn a bench spot this year.

Grif and Dunn are gone at the end of the year I bet and for the 1st time I'm not upset at that idea!

I could go on and on.... I hate to see the Reds do bad!

<TO ADMIN: This needs to be moved I thought I was in Reds forum but must've hit the back button or something before I posted! Thanks for flaming me btw Thurman what an idiot noob huh?>

[quote name='brahmabull476' post='664772' date='May 12 2008, 09:59 AM']What a disappointment this season is turning out to be. I was really excited at the start at all of our great prospects and now we are just terrible. (not that we weren't before). Patterson is a 3 mil joke. Every game I tune in lately it seems he makes a stupid baserunning error.

Why is Hopper not playing more? He had a great finish last year only to earn a bench spot this year.

Grif and Dunn are gone at the end of the year I bet and for the 1st time I'm not upset at that idea!

I could go on and on.... I hate to see the Reds do bad!

<TO ADMIN: This needs to be moved I thought I was in Reds forum but must've hit the back button or something before I posted! Thanks for flaming me btw Thurman what an idiot noob huh?>[/quote]

You're not kidding. I went to two of the three games out at Shea this weekend. To my surprise, Arroyo twirled a gem on Saturday night. I was really walking in expecting the worst.

Dunn and Jr both need to go, now. There isn't much reason to keep them around till the end of the year. Let them both go hit DH in the AL for the rest of their careers. Both have become really poor defensively. Jr's miscue w/ Freel on Sunday, where Freel ran a good 30 yds towards rightfield, fully laid out for the ball and just missed. That should have been Jr's ball all the way. No doubt about it. His CRAWL to 600 may take till July 4th.

Trade them both for prospects, call up Bruce and put him in RF. Let Freel continue to cover CF, LF is a bit of a question mark but we can play it by committee for a while.

We might as well trade Hatteberg too. I absolutely love Scott, he's a class act and a true professional. However, he even stated, his game isn't suited to pinch hit. He realizes Votto is the future but also that he has a few years left in him. He's a solid 1B and we should do right by him and let him hook on w/ another team w/ a chance to play more.

Dump Belisle and call up Bailey, let him and Cueto go through their growing pains up here. This year is a bust and everyone knows it.

Funny, I was at the game tonight and Patterson was 4 for 5, Dunn made a couple good plays in the outfield and Jr (despite one bad play) was decent.
Just as soon as you think these guys all suck they give you enough rope of hope to hang yourself with. Go figure.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='664945' date='May 12 2008, 11:35 PM']Funny, I was at the game tonight and Patterson was 4 for 5, Dunn made a couple good plays in the outfield and Jr (despite one bad play) was decent.
Just as soon as you think these guys all suck they give you enough rope of hope to hang yourself with. Go figure.[/quote]

one and 1/2 bad plays. ;) Jr. gave my roommate a heart attack, and he's not even a Reds fan.

Archived