What do concert tix cost these days?

I see that Judas Priest is headed my way for a show, and *yikes* decent seats go for $100. Good seats for $150. Good effin grief.

I've seen hundreds of concerts over the years (last saw the Priest on the Ram it Down tour 20 years or so ago :o ) but damn, who can afford to go to shows at these prices?

Are they that bad back home, too? Or is this just a sign of how bad the inflation here is?

[quote name='whodey24k' post='678613' date='Jul 14 2008, 01:06 AM']we had two tickets 15 rows back at riverbend for 311. After all of the ticketmaster fees the tickets were $125 for the set.[/quote]
That's about what I would have expected.

I think the inflation here fucks with concert tix in amazing ways. Clapton and Floyd tix in the UK didn't approach 100 a pop in local currency. More like 50-60. Not that that wasn't bad enough. But it seemed a reasonable price (for someone earning a wage in pounds, anyway)

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='678647' date='Jul 13 2008, 01:13 PM']That's about what I would have expected.

I think the inflation here fucks with concert tix in amazing ways. Clapton and Floyd tix in the UK didn't approach 100 a pop in local currency. More like 50-60. Not that that wasn't bad enough. But it seemed a reasonable price (for someone earning a wage in pounds, anyway)[/quote]

it depends.. a medium comic at a comedy club is $25-ish, ill likely pay $50-60 for lewis black in september, i paid $5-60 for george carlin a year ago or so. i havet been to any concerts in years so i can say much, but it really depends, the summer tour type shows are cheaper but a headlining band tour is going to cost, especially in another country. bands cost of playing there is higher. hell im about to pay $300 to fly from dayton to new york, let alone to aussie land. and unless its something you do monthly, if its something now and then, $100-150 isnt that big of a deal, hell bengals tickets are $77 a pop per person.. 10x games in 3.5 months

UFC tickets at cinci were $200 a pop

shits pricey.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='678732' date='Jul 14 2008, 08:13 AM']I bet if you offer Halford a happy ending you could get in for next to nothing. ;)[/quote]
:o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, the day I realized he was a queen was a rough one. I must admit.

Still, he screams better than anyone. And my old fart self would love one more chance to hear breaking in the law live.

But not for $100. :nope:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='678733' date='Jul 14 2008, 08:16 AM']it depends.. a medium comic at a comedy club is $25-ish, ill likely pay $50-60 for lewis black in september, i paid $5-60 for george carlin a year ago or so. i havet been to any concerts in years so i can say much, but it really depends, the summer tour type shows are cheaper but a headlining band tour is going to cost, especially in another country. bands cost of playing there is higher. [b] hell im about to pay $300 to fly from dayton to new york, [/b]let alone to aussie land. and unless its something you do monthly, if its something now and then, $100-150 isnt that big of a deal, hell bengals tickets are $77 a pop per person.. 10x games in 3.5 months

UFC tickets at cinci were $200 a pop

shits pricey.[/quote]
flights home from here run 3 grand.

glad i ain't payin'.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='678762' date='Jul 13 2008, 08:31 PM']flights home from here run 3 grand.

glad i ain't payin'.[/quote]

christ.. my tickets to baltimore for opening game are $59 each way... taxes and all round trip was $149....direct 55 minute flight... :D

[quote name='GoBengals' post='678767' date='Jul 14 2008, 10:50 AM']christ.. my tickets to baltimore for opening game are $59 each way... taxes and all round trip was $149....direct 55 minute flight... :D[/quote]
tix home have gone up $1000 in the last month alone. :o

ugh.

only good news is, a flight or two from this distance, and you rack up a ton o miles. The Mrs. got bumped to business class on her last trip.

Not that her lil' ass needed it. My tall ass will prolly end up with the cattle as usual <_<

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='678761' date='Jul 13 2008, 06:29 PM']:o

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[b]Yeah, the day I realized he was a queen was a rough one. I must admit.
[/b]
Still, he screams better than anyone. And my old fart self would love one more chance to hear breaking in the law live.

But not for $100. :nope:[/quote]
You mean you didn't know on first sight? He's still a badass. And a pretty cool guy, even if he has an affinity for cock.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='678594' date='Jul 13 2008, 07:37 AM']I see that Judas Priest is headed my way for a show, and *yikes* decent seats go for $100. Good seats for $150. Good effin grief.

I've seen hundreds of concerts over the years (last saw the Priest on the Ram it Down tour 20 years or so ago :o ) but damn, who can afford to go to shows at these prices?

Are they that bad back home, too? Or is this just a sign of how bad the inflation here is?[/quote]
Too much. I've pretty much quit going to concerts because of it. I only go see local bands or bands at small venues anymore. Paying upwards of $100 for a seat where I need binoculars to see the band just ain't worth it.

To give you an idea of the current state of ticket prices, my wife heard that U2 is planning on touring in the next couple years and it's been a lifelong dream of hers to see them live. She has opened up a savings account specifically to start putting away money to buy tickets for that show. They will probably be the single biggest purchase she's ever made besides her car, plus the fact that we'll likely have to travel to see the show. I don't think there's a venue within 200 miles of Dayton big enough for a show of that magnitude. OSU stadium, maybe.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='678919' date='Jul 15 2008, 02:46 AM']Too much. I've pretty much quit going to concerts because of it. I only go see local bands or bands at small venues anymore. Paying upwards of $100 for a seat where I need binoculars to see the band just ain't worth it.

To give you an idea of the current state of ticket prices, my wife heard that U2 is planning on touring in the next couple years and it's been a lifelong dream of hers to see them live. She has opened up a savings account specifically to start putting away money to buy tickets for that show. They will probably be the single biggest purchase she's ever made besides her car, plus the fact that we'll likely have to travel to see the show. I don't think there's a venue within 200 miles of Dayton big enough for a show of that magnitude. OSU stadium, maybe.[/quote]
If U2 tix go for less than $100, I'll be pretty shocked... I think they cost about that much when they came through DC in 05 or so.

Those Prince shows I caught in London are looking even better in hindsight. 31 pounds a piece for those tickets was a steal looking at what some of these shows cost anymore.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='678924' date='Jul 14 2008, 11:56 AM']If U2 tix go for less than $100, I'll be pretty shocked... I think they cost about that much when they came through DC in 05 or so.

Those Prince shows I caught in London are looking even better in hindsight. 31 pounds a piece for those tickets was a steal looking at what some of these shows cost anymore.[/quote]
Yeah, and that's IF we're lucky enough to actually get the U2 tix at face value... can you imagine what we'd end up paying a scalper?

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='679027' date='Jul 15 2008, 07:51 AM']Yeah, and that's IF we're lucky enough to actually get the U2 tix at face value... can you imagine what we'd end up paying a scalper?[/quote]
Yes. I bought tickets for David Gilmour @ Royal Albert Hall from a broker. Painful.

But like the U2 show you're talking about, it was a once in a lifetime shot. And worth every [s]penny[/s] pence..

[url="http://www.davidgilmour.com/dvd.htm"]DVD[/url] (shot the night after our show <_< )

for some perspective, allanis morsette (sp?) is coming to tat theatre, charging $89.50 per ticket on the floor, $63 for balcony and $45 for upper balcony...

(for the record i went to taftevents.com to get info on lewis black show in september and saw her listing, i was in no way proactively looking for a morsette show)

:D

[quote name='GoBengals' post='680015' date='Jul 19 2008, 08:30 AM']for some perspective, allanis morsette (sp?) is coming to tat theatre, charging $89.50 per ticket on the floor, $63 for balcony and $45 for upper balcony...

(for the record i went to taftevents.com to get info on lewis black show in september and saw her listing, [b]i was in no way proactively looking for a morsette show[/b])

:D[/quote]
riiight ;)

painful pricing. but at least i could sit in the cheap seats. no cheap seats for shows here, tho <_<

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='680020' date='Jul 18 2008, 06:50 PM']riiight ;)

painful pricing. but at least i could sit in the cheap seats. no cheap seats for shows here, tho <_<[/quote]

looks like lewis black will be about $50-60.. tho ill probably grab some sclaper seats front row for $75 or so....

nbc last comic standing tour is coming here too its $45 for floor seats.. ive been looking on ebay for bengals aways games, ill likely spend $125 -$200 for games lower level sideline.. ravens opening game is tough, the fans dont know they suck yet.. gonna be pricey.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='680022' date='Jul 19 2008, 08:04 AM']looks like lewis black will be about $50-60.. tho ill probably grab some sclaper seats front row for $75 or so....

nbc last comic standing tour is coming here too its $45 for floor seats.. ive been looking on ebay for bengals aways games, ill likely spend $125 -$200 for games lower level sideline.. ravens opening game is tough, the fans dont know they suck yet.. gonna be pricey.[/quote]

Good seats near the stage during the recent Van Halen tour were over $1,000 at certain venues.......like Vegas etc... Concert ticket prices are through the roof but I guess they gotta make up for the illegal downloads somewhere.
MULLY
first concert, Iron Maiden/Quiet Riot 1982. Ticket price, 10 rows back, $12.00.

[quote name='KangarWhoDey' post='678782' date='Jul 14 2008, 10:16 AM']tix home have gone up $1000 in the last month alone. :o

ugh.

only good news is, a flight or two from this distance, and you rack up a ton o miles. The Mrs. got bumped to business class on her last trip.

Not that her lil' ass needed it. My tall ass will prolly end up with the cattle as usual <_<[/quote]

So, they put it as the ticket price over there? Over here they have the ticket price plus and oil surcharge. A ticket to Cincinnati via Detroit, during summer break here, will be around $1200.00 and then I get to pay an extra 600.00 as an oil surcharge for a whopping 1800 bucks. Needless to say that my summer plans for coming to Cincinnati this summer have been canceled. I'm not paying 600 extra bucks on an already over inflated ticket price. During the off season that ticket wouldn't even be half that.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='680058' date='Jul 19 2008, 04:38 AM']Good seats near the stage during the recent Van Halen tour were over $1,000 at certain venues.......like Vegas etc... Concert ticket prices are through the roof but I guess they gotta make up for the illegal downloads somewhere.
MULLY
first concert, Iron Maiden/Quiet Riot 1982. Ticket price, 10 rows back, $12.00.[/quote]

i was 1 when that went down.. i remember all of the bogarts and caddies small venue shows i went to growing up were like $7. thats back when ticketmaster fees seemed CRAZY.. "thats like a 50% markup" now the $15 surcharge on the $115 ticket really doesnt seem to matter.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='680059' date='Jul 19 2008, 04:41 AM']So, they put it as the ticket price over there? Over here they have the ticket price plus and oil surcharge. A ticket to Cincinnati via Detroit, during summer break here, will be around $1200.00 and then I get to pay an extra 600.00 as an oil surcharge for a whopping 1800 bucks. Needless to say that my summer plans for coming to Cincinnati this summer have been canceled. I'm not paying 600 extra bucks on an already over inflated ticket price. During the off season that ticket wouldn't even be half that.
MULLY[/quote]

jesus christ... i found a flight to new york for $275-ish, i cant decide if its worth paying $375 to go straight through or $275 for a layover in cleveland...its only 35 minutes, so it would essentially be a sprint(medium to high speed walk in my case) to my next gate, but still.

this shits out of hand.

Archived