Gameday Threads

JBandJoeyV

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='781831' date='Jun 11 2009, 08:57 PM']it really sucks to lose cuz of a throwing error by your gold glover :([/quote]
Yeah, and that was a game up we could have really used to gain some ground. Dammit. I'm sorry, but I hope we can find a replacement for Owings. I know he is the 5th starter and not much is expected of him, and I respect the fact that he can bat, but while Volquez is out, he's becoming a fifth wheel. Even though he pitched well enough to win today and the loss wasn't his fault. He's too inconsistent.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='781838' date='Jun 11 2009, 09:15 PM']Yeah, and that was a game up we could have really used to gain some ground. Dammit. I'm sorry, but I hope we can find a replacement for Owings. I know he is the 5th starter and not much is expected of him, and I respect the fact that he can bat, but while Volquez is out, he's becoming a fifth wheel. Even though he pitched well enough to win today and the loss wasn't his fault. He's too inconsistent.[/quote]

gotta replace arroyo before owings. arroyo gets wins cuz he gets ridiculous run support but he is inconsistent as fuck and gives up way too many runs. he has like the 2nd highest ERA on the team. owings is coming around and he is a VERY young pitcher. giving up on owings would be like giving up on bailey it would jsut be a horrible idea.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='781989' date='Jun 12 2009, 11:20 PM']Our offense is awful right now...we need Votto back big time, and no matter what you think about EE we definitely need him back too.

Too much pressure on guys like Bruce, which I definitely think is part of the reason he is struggling.[/quote]
Yup. The pitching is there, the batting is either mysteriously injured or mysteriously absent...

Except this vagabond group of players is mostly winning, somehow. It's at least fun to watch. For now.

Archived