OTHER NFL TEAMS PICKS THREAD

Guest BlackJesus

[b]BZ-O-Meter[/b]
[i][Draft Predictions on the Fly - Because all my previous mocks are worthless now][/i]

1. :huh:
2. :) Ronnie Brown
3. :) Braylon Edwards
4. :) Cedric Benson
5. :) Cadillac Williams
6. :huh:
7. :huh:
8. :) Antrel Rolle
9. :) Carlos Rogers
10. :huh:
11. :huh:
12. :) Shawne Merriman
13. :huh:

I'm going to have to say that Barron goes to Carolina...Maybe a small run is starting on Tackles.

BZ

If a 6th rounder is all it would take to get Derrick Johnson, we should DO IT.

I just can't believe that the Saints traded up for Brown. A solid move by Houston, because they won't miss out on anything.

I think Houston wants Davis...I really do.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]Jamall Brown to the Aints

they didn't need to trade up for that shit [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]
[/b]

[quote name='85fanwilkes' date='Apr 23 2005, 03:54 PM']Why exactly did texas trade down i mean that was stupid i thought
[right][post="80445"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
they swapped 1st round picks and texans get a 3rd rounder next year

[quote name='85fanwilkes' date='Apr 23 2005, 03:54 PM']Why exactly did texas trade down i mean that was stupid i thought
[right][post="80445"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

They trade down get a extra pick and can still get Johnson.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]So Far [/b]

Round 1

Pick Team Player Pos. School
1 (1) 49ers Alex Smith * QB Utah
At the end of the day, the Niners made the right move. Smith was the team's highest-rated player. Also, agent Tom Condon did the right move by standing firm and not taking the Niners' low-ball contract offers in the days leading up to the draft. Smith is the fifth consecutive quarterback to be drafted first overall and seventh in the last eight years.

2 (2) Dolphins Ronnie Brown RB Auburn
WR Braylon Edwards was a smokescreen, and trade-down options were not attractive, so the Dolphins took the player who left the biggest impression on Nick Saban from his days in the SEC. The Dolphins are unsettled at the quarterback position, and the best way to hide such deficiencies is to develop a great running game.

3 (3) Browns Braylon Edwards WR Michigan
This was a best-case scenario for Cleveland. The Browns got the player they would have taken with the No. 1 pick in the draft but didn't have to trade up for him. The Browns haven't had a big-play receiver like Edwards for a couple decades.

4 (4) Bears Cedric Benson RB Texas
The Bears wanted a physical back to move the chains and complement Thomas Jones, so they took Benson instead of Carnell Williams. They probably could have traded down, but that scenario might have left them without an offensive skill position player they coveted.

5 (5) Buccaneers Carnell Williams RB Auburn
Williams is coach Jon Gruden's kind of player, and Gruden had lots of exposure to Williams when he coached him during the Senior Bowl. Williams will give the Bucs' offense more pizzazz than receiver Mike Williams would have. It made more sense for the Bucs to take a running back than move up for a quarterback, which was a big rumor for about a week.

6 (6) Titans Adam Jones * CB West Virginia
Antrel Rolle might be better but is a different style of cornerback. Jones fits the Titans' scheme better. Tennessee also could have drafted QB Aaron Rodgers to be Steve McNair's successor but needed a player who could help immediately.

7 (7) Vikings Troy Williamson * WR South Carolina
from Oakland
Interesting call to choose Williamson over Southern Cal's Mike Williams. Williams is more polished, but Williamson has more potential. Williamson has great upside and is the fastest receiver in this draft. It might take him a year or two, but eventually he should become a very good player.

8 (8) Cardinals Antrel Rolle CB Miami (FL)
This is the best value pick of the draft through eight selections. With the top three running backs off the board, this was a no-brainer for the Cardinals, who had a huge hole at cornerback. Arizona, still in need of a running back, will target J.J. Arrington in the second round or increase its trade offer for Buffalo's Travis Henry.

9 (9) Redskins Carlos Rogers CB Auburn
This was somewhat surprising because the Redskins passed on WR Mike Williams to take Rogers. The Redskins were rebuffed in their attempts to move up and were locked into filling a need. They would have been better off taking Williams here and drafting a corner later in the first round.

10 (10) Lions Mike Williams * WR USC
This pick doesn't make sense. The Lions might have drafted Williams for San Diego and then complete the trade in the next hour. There are two scenarios for Detroit to draft and keep Williams: 1) The team is worried about the health of Charles Rogers; 2) The team doesn't have a viable tight end and figure to use Williams more as an H-back than outside. This is not a bad value pick, but what about OLB Derrick Johnson?

11 (11) Cowboys Demarcus Ware DE Troy State
With no defensive linemen or linebackers going in the top 10, coach Bill Parcells had all options on the board. Ware's stock shot up in recent weeks. It's questionable to take him ahead of Maryland OLB Shawne Merriman, who played against better competition in college and could be a more complete prospect. Dallas is converting to a 3-4 defense, and Ware is an explosive stand-up pass rusher. He will be Dallas' version of Willie McGinest.

12 (12) Chargers Shawne Merriman * DE Maryland
from N.Y. Giants
Merriman will have to drop weight and play lighter, as he did in college, to play outside linebacker for San Diego. Most NFL teams had him projected as an end. The team was not a prisoner of any particular need, thought, and that helped them continue some solid drafts.

13 (13) Saints Jammal Brown T Oklahoma

Guest starkesn
I dont think there is any way DJ makes it past KC, don't like him anyway. If a lot of talent is on the board still at 17, we will trade down, you'll see.

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Apr 23 2005, 02:56 PM'][color="red"]The Chiefs could take Derrick Johnson [/color]
[right][post="80454"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
they got kendrell bell this offseason but watch out for the panthers!!i think they will get a OT but they might go after dj even tho they got like 2 or 3 good lbs!!ill pray for the best!!!COME ON DJ

Archived