Karl Malden Dies

esjbh2

I remember him mostly from 'The Streets of San Francisco' TV Series of the 70's starring with Michael Douglass. He was also in many epic movies over the years...Streetcar Named Desire, Patton, How the West was Won, On the Waterfront, The Cincinnati Kid, etc, etc.

[quote]Oscar-winning actor Karl Malden dies

The Associated Press • July 1, 2009

LOS ANGELES — The family of Karl Malden says the actor who won an Oscar for his role in "A Streetcar Named Desire" has died at age 97.

Malden's family informed the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences of his death on Wednesday. Malden served as the academy's president from 1989-92.

He made his screen debut in the 1940 movie "They Knew What They Wanted," and was praised for his role as Mitch in the 1951 classic "A Streetcar Named Desire."

His greatest fame came as Detective Mike Stone in the 1970s TV series "The Streets of San Francisco," in which he co-starred with Michael Douglas.

Malden also was a pitchman for American Express in a series of commercials airing over 21 years.[/quote]

[img]http://www.tvacres.com/images/police_streets.jpg[/img]

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='783212' date='Jul 2 2009, 10:12 PM']... and they seem to be getting more obscure and less well known every time.[/quote]

Well, anyone dying around the time Michael Jackson died is looking at a sidebar notice in the travel section.
MULLY

One of my most favorite lines out of the Soprano's.....

"I'll tell ya Sil, these new flat screens? No glare, high definition; I was watchin' 'On the Waterfront' down Sears, Karl Malden's nose hairs looked like fuckin' BX cables."

Yes, I Googled it to get it right.
MULLY
although I thought he said "coaxial cables"

Archived