XBOX 360 + kids under 5 = Buying new Xbox 360

So i have/had an xbox 360 elite..

a few weeks back, i notice some "water spots" on the top of it.. its on a shelf where they cant really each it, the oldest child can reach the front power button barely..

anywho.. then one day a few days back, well first time i used it since the "water spots" were found...(my 2 yr old seems to enjoy shaking his sippy cups and make juice and water splash all over the damn place, when we leave the room for a moment typically)

so it starts freezing during games and stuff, wont boot then BAM.. red rings of death..

so i did a few fixes i found online.. and it worked again for a few days.. then BAM freezing again.. then BAM.. red rings again..

i have had it since release.. so its been 2.5 years of children. they also broke their nintendo wii somehow.. it wont power on at all, but i havent tried to fix it yet..

lucky for me, the elites just dropped to $299 so im gonna swing to best buy and grab another one i think..

hmmmm... actually i just googled and it says the elites release date was in 2007 sometime.. so i should be under the 3 year coverage for the red rings..

so maybe ill do both, fix mine and get a new one... so i have something to stream netflix on in my room too..

[quote name='GoBengals' date='29 August 2009 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1251590306' post='796099']
grabbed a new elite at walmart for $299.. its significantly quieter than the last one..

just registered my old one with microsoft gonna get it fixed too.. and toss it in my room.
[/quote]
I just got an Elite at Target this morning. Last GOTY bundle in Dayton I think, still $299. Plus Target is running a free 2nd controller deal this week. So I got an Elite with Halo 3, Fable 2, 2 controllers, and HDMI cable for 300 bucks. America... Fuck yeah!

[quote name='GoBengals' date='30 August 2009 - 05:43 PM' timestamp='1251675833' post='796430']
y-e-a....

no ninja needed..

kids are cool, but all your shit is at risk at all times.. its rough...
[/quote]

Well, I didn't want to run the risk of offending someone.

Make a joke about kids and people think you used Hitler's dick to fuck Fran Drescher...

[quote name='Elflocko' date='30 August 2009 - 07:49 PM' timestamp='1251676196' post='796433']
Well, I didn't want to run the risk of offending someone.

Make a joke about kids and people think you used Hitler's dick to fuck Fran Drescher...
[/quote]

ha!

true enough..

Archived