THE OFFICIAL URFreeAgent THREAD

Guest BadassBengal

Guest BadassBengal
Wow. I can't believe nobody's replied, but...meh.
Here's the exact site where I'm getting this info from: [url="http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl"]http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl[/url]

[url="http://isubengals.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/key_sale00.html"]http://isubengals.collegesports.com/sports...key_sale00.html[/url]

Looks like a good kid.
[img]http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/idsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/6467.jpeg[/img]

edit: We are going after real tall WRs too, it seems like.

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='#22' date='Apr 24 2005, 10:33 PM'][url="http://isubengals.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/key_sale00.html"]http://isubengals.collegesports.com/sports...key_sale00.html[/url]

Looks like a good kid.
[img]http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/idsu/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/6467.jpeg[/img]
[right][post="83330"][/post][/right][/quote]

And looks like he's already used to being a Bengal as well :D :D :D

Honorable Mention All-Pac 10 at RIGHT GUARD in 2002. Flexible backup
[url="http://ucla.scout.com/2/173240.html"]http://ucla.scout.com/2/173240.html[/url]
[IMG]http://media.scout.com/Media/College_Football/42_vieiraclosesized.JPG
[/IMG]

This scares me, though. Bringing in all of these tackles makes me think that Levi or Willie might not be here in 2006/07.

Guest OSUBengal
[quote name='#22' date='Apr 24 2005, 10:37 PM']This scares me, though. Bringing in all of these tackles makes me think that Levi or Willie might not be here in 2006/07.
[right][post="83334"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

maybe our backups just suck?

I wouldn't worry about it just yet. It's only 2 lineman (the center doesn't count, cuz we did need him) and this guy probably won't even make the team.

Guest mongoloido
is it supposed to be easier to turn a tackle into a guard or is it the other way around? Maybe we want to convert these tackles...

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Apr 24 2005, 11:17 PM']is it supposed to be easier to turn a tackle into a guard or is it the other way around? Maybe we want to convert these tackles...
[right][post="83357"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
tackle into guard, im willing to bet thats what they're lookin to do with some of these kids in the late rounds and FA signings

Guest OSUBengal
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Apr 25 2005, 12:14 AM']I can't beleive all the WR's we are signing!
[right][post="83411"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I don't mind, we are signing BIG receivers!

Any info on his speed?

Guest BengalBacker

Stealing all these from Joe Pong :unsure: on the huddles board.

Maybe this is why we didn't reach for a safety. This guy is a great athlete. Could be a gem.

Patrick Body
Position: Free Safety
College: Toledo
Height: 6-1
Weight: 201
Hometown: Pittsburgh, Pa.

Analysis | Injury Report | Agility | High School | Personal

OVERVIEW
Body is one of the fastest athletes in college football, boasting a 4.25 clocking in the 40-yard dash. The three-year starter at free safety began his collegiate career as a weakside outside linebacker, but the coaches felt his speed and range were more suited for the secondary.

Body was a standout defensive back and receiver at Scheley High School. He had 27 receptions for 757 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior, leading the team to its first City League championship in 49 years. As a free safety, he had 11 interceptions, three of which he ran back for touchdowns and also returned two kickoffs for scores. He was named first-team All-City League and chosen to the All-City Academic team. He also caught 18 balls for 414 yards and had seven interceptions on defense as a junior.

Body was a reserve weakside outside linebacker as a true freshman at Toledo in 2001. He recorded nine tackles that year and gained 42 yards on three kickoff returns. The speedy defender started the first six games of the 2002 campaign at weakside linebacker

Before moving to free safety, he ranked fourth on the team with 83 tackles (45 solos), a sack, five stops for losses, three fumble recoveries, two interceptions and three pass breakups.

Body started every game at free safety in 2003. He finished third on the squad with 76 tackles (52 solos). He caused three fumbles, batted away four passes and had three interceptions that year. Body then earned All-Mid American Conference first team honors in 2004. He led the team with a career-high 113 tackles (62 solos), adding a sack, 6½ stops behind the line of scrimmage, four forced fumbles, five pass breakups and two interceptions. He also caught a 46-yard pass on a fake punt.

In 48 games with the Rockets, Body started 38 times. He recorded 281 tackles (164 solos) with two sacks for minus-11 yards and 15½ stops for losses of 43 yards. He caused 10 fumbles and recovered one. Body gained 106 yards on seven interception returns and deflected 12 passes. He totaled 64 yards on four kickoff returns (16.0 avg.) and rushed four times for 75 yards. He also had one reception for a 46-yard gain.

ANALYSIS
Positives: Has a tall, slender frame with defined muscle tone in the chest and arms … Has outstanding straight-line speed, range and change-of-direction agility … Center-field type that excels playing the deep zone … Quick to step up vs. plays in front of him and is known for making cross field tackles … Good program player who works hard in the weight room and practices … Has the leaping ability to get to the ball at its highest point … Could also bring some value on offense as a receiver or ball carrier due to his quickness and experience there … Shows good explosion behind his tackles and, in 2004, showed marked improvement staying low in his pads and playing closer to the line to initiate, wrap and secure ball carriers … Takes good angles in pursuit and has the burst to chase down plays, whether playing deep or shallow … Has an effortless running style with an explosive closing burst … Shows a good feel for the crease while playing offense … Has learned the proper technique of positioning himself and lowering his shoulders to drive the opponent back … As a possible returner, he displays the burst to make the initial tacklers miss and the speed to easily break it into the open.

Negatives: While he's a physical tackler, he seems to have trouble anticipating the ball while staying tight with the receiver … Lacks deep coverage instincts and could be more suited for zone work at free safety, even though his speed would be beneficial as a cornerback … Slow to read and react to plays at times, especially when he plays too deep in the zone … Shows some hip tightness in his backpedal and looks awkward through transition … Lacks natural hands for the interception … Willing in run support, but spends too much time inspecting the action rather than initiating it when working inside the box.

INJURY REPORT
2002 -- Suffered from pharyngitis (defined as an infection or irritation of the pharynxand/or tonsils -- the etiology is usually infectious) in late September and was sick for two weeks, but did not miss any games.

2003 -- Sat out the Syracuse game after he hyper-extended the first toe on his right foot in the first quarter vs. Pittsburgh (Sept. 20).

2004 -- Left the Motor City Bowl vs. Connecticut in the second half when he broke a bone in his right arm.

AGILITY
Campus: 4.26 in the 40-yard dash … 325-pound bench press … Bench pressed 225 pounds 15 times … 790-pound leg press … Leg pressed 450 pounds 20 times … 4.1 20-yard shuttle … 11.76 60-yard shuttle … 7.05 three-cone drill … 42½-inch vertical jump … 10-foot-4 broad jump … 32¼-inch arm length … 8¾-inch hands … Right-handed.

Guest BengalBacker
More on Body:

NFL scouts find an almost perfect Body playing for the Rockets

By DAVE HACKENBERG
BLADE SPORTS WRITER

There were 18 NFL teams represented at the University of Toledo's pro workout day on March 29. A few of those scouts may have been familiar with Patrick Body when they arrived, but all of them knew about the UT safety by the time they left.
Body was clocked in the 40-yard dash in a fleet 4.31 seconds, just minutes after producing a 42.9-inch vertical jump.

Anything in excess of 40 inches will get the scouts' attention. A 42.9-inch jump was jaw-dropping.

Suddenly, Body was getting attention equal to that given Rocket offensive lineman Nick Kaczur, who has been considered the top NFL prospect from UT since his fine showing at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis in late February.

Body wasn't invited to the Combine, presumably because he suffered a broken right arm in the Motor City Bowl last Dec. 27.

"That bothered me because I know I'm one of the fastest guys in the country, so I thought I'd be invited," Body said. "It just meant I had to compete harder on our pro days. There was a lot of pressure on me, but I think everything went pretty well."

That's putting it mildly.

In addition to exhibiting his speed and jumping ability, Body showed his arm was healed by producing 14 bench-press repetitions at 225 pounds.

"I was expecting to do six or seven, so I really surprised myself," he said.

During field drills, Body worked out at both safety and cornerback, where scouts evaluated his coverage skills. To illustrate the kind of impression he made, the Pittsburgh Steelers' scout asked that he work out as a wide receiver, too.

"I came to Toledo as a wide receiver, but then [the coaches] saw how I could hit," said Body, who has had personal workouts for the Bengals, Jets and Packers. "It can't hurt that the Steelers wanted to see me there, but most teams are looking at me as a corner or safety. I'll play wherever I can get a shot. I have no preference."

At his current weight, 196 pounds, the 6-1 Body would figure to be best suited at cornerback. But he feels he's capable of carrying the additional 12 to 15 pounds that would make him a prototype NFL safety.

Body's agents are the husband-wife team of Scott and Shawn Smith from X-A-M Sports in Madison, Wis.

Thanks to Shawn's efforts, Body has been featured on ESPN Radio, Fox-TV Sports, the Football Network and in question-answer sessions on a number of pro draft Internet sites.

"Typically, agents don't do what we do PR-wise," said Shawn, whose background is in public relations. "But we felt it was imperative that we get Pat's story out. The first-day guys in the draft get press because it comes to them. But Pat is from a smaller school and didn't get invited to the Combine."

Scott Smith said that Body's absence from the Combine "made it sort of an uphill battle. But guys overcome that every year. I think Patrick will, too. There's a lot of interest from teams. We certainly expect him to get drafted. It's just a matter of when."

Guest BengalBacker
By the way, this was the source...official website of the Toledo Rockets

Three Rockets Sign Free Agent Contracts With NFL Teams
Lance Moore signs with Cleveland, Patrick Body inks with Cincinnati and Kenny Higgins becomes a Charger

April 24, 2005

Toledo, OH - Three Rockets signed free agent contracts with NFL teams within hours after the conclusion of the draft on Sunday.

Wide receiver Lance Moore (Westerville, OH) signed with the Cleveland Browns, free safety Patrick Body (Pittsburgh, PA) signed with the Cincinnati Bengals and wide receiver Kenny Higgins (Long Beach, CA) signed with the San Diego Chargers.

The three signees join offensive lineman Nick Kaczur, who was drafted in the third round by New England, as Toledo's latest entrants into the professional football ranks.

Moore, 5-11, 172 pounds, set UT records for career receptions, receiving yards and receiving TDs during his four-year career. He was a two-time, first-team All-MAC selection and earned first-team Academic All-America honors as a senior.

Body, 6-2, 201 pounds, was Toledo's starting free safety for three seasons and earned first-team All-MAC honors as a senior.

Higgins, 6-1, 184 pounds, was a junior college transfer who became UT's third-leading receiver as a senior this past season.

Archived