Add 7 More to the Closed Bank List

Elflocko

[quote name='Elflocko' date='18 December 2009 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1261197503' post='844679']
It's all a house of cards propped up by printing presses at the Federal Reserve.

The cream won't be able to rise because it's already rancid...
[/quote]

We'll be ok as long as we still can play the float. Funny how it's illegal for regular people to do that with their bank accounts but the government can do it at will. Oh well, it's not like $$$ is actually worth anything at all. As long as society doesn't fall apart, we should be ok.

[quote name='sois' date='19 December 2009 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1261263221' post='844834']
We'll be ok as long as we still can play the float. Funny how it's illegal for regular people to do that with their bank accounts but the government can do it at will. Oh well, it's not like $$$ is actually worth anything at all. [b]As long as society doesn't fall apart[/b], we should be ok.
[/quote]

Fuck Off!

:ninja:

• 4 weeks later...
Just renewed my CD today at 1.65% 1.65!! Where is all the hundreds of billions of taxpayer dollars at?
Just in '07 my rate was 5.1 and rates on a 30 year mortgage were 7%, thats a difference of less than 2%.

Now home rates are lower but still around 5.5% and my CD rate is 1.65%? That's a jump of over 2% in profit margin, thats HUGE.

The banks get billions and billions and billions and billions and billions of dollars PLUS the huge jump in profit from the difference in rates. Geez who made out with that deal? Why no drop in mortgage rates since you dropped the savings rates? That would make more sense, however common sense isn't exactly running rampant in today's world.
How in the hell did Bush literally just give those banks billions with no one to answer to and no strict guidelines to help the people?

Then I go to refinance my house with the $250 closing cost "deal" only to find out thats not even close to accurate. Final closing costs of over $2,000. Wow thats a little more than $250. Turns out frannie and freddie want to charge points for a house that has lost value during the recession... so you mean damn near EVERY HOUSE IN THE UNITED STATES??? Right? A whole point for even the slightest decline in value... a point for me was $1000. then they threw in another point for something I cant even remember.

Didn't frannie and freddie get a HUGE amount of this money? Where did it all go? Certainly didn't go to help me refinance and lower my mortgage. Somehow I'm a risk to default on my mortgage while paying $100 less than it currently is? So a higher mortgage with a higher interest rate.. who does that benefit? Not the little guy who needs it thats for sure.

I was under the impression this money was supposed to help in this exact situation. Guess I was wrong.

BILLIONS FOR THE BANKS + HUGE NEW PROFITS + SQUEEZE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN FROM THE PEOPLE!!

Makes me sick.

[quote name='BengalRep85-9' date='11 January 2010 - 06:32 PM' timestamp='1263252776' post='856280']
so you mean damn near EVERY HOUSE IN THE UNITED STATES???
[/quote]
I certainly feel your pain, but I don't think this statement is entirely accurate. We refinanced last year in the heat of the recession and our house gained $17,000 in value upon appraisal from when we bought it in 2007...and this is in Indiana.

Your mileage may vary of course. That is some bullshit about the CD's though. Its like the banks and the government are conspiring against you to NOT be able to retire with a nest egg, so you will RELY on those Social Security checks that you won't get.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived