Thoughts on Jets

Sunday's game was brutal. Very brutal. Here are some things I'd like to touch on from that game.

-The D was quite vanilla. Line up and play. I saw little to no blitzing or "looks", little to no movement from the front 7 or 8.

The stats are bad, 37 points, 21 1st downs, 257 rushing, Jets had the ball 41 mintutes.

But there is a bit of silver lining in there. Other than 2 large runs (57,32 yards) the Jets rans for 168 yards on 55 attempts or 3.05 ypc on every other rushing attempt and thats with some missing starters on the Dline. Still a 3.28 ypa average if you eliminate the 3 kneel downs at the end. Sanchez completed only 50% of his passes and under 4 ypa.

The Bengals know who David Jones is now though and I hope that 75% of his long runs can be attributed to bad tackling.

Maybe letting the Jets keep the ball for 41 minutes was part of the game plan. Let the keep the ball all game and run and run and run and let those big offensive lineman wear themselves down.

I'm not salty over the D's performance.

-The offense was bbbbbaaaaaaadddddd.

Is Carson even looking to other WRs other than Chad? Screen passes were totally blown up. 7 total yards? I mean what else can you say other than the offense just completely took the day off and was not in the game mentally AT ALL. It's pathectic. They better wake the fuck up.

Oh and the 3 penalties in a row followed by an IG 2 plays later. 4th and 37 huh? Fuckin' Swell fellas.

-It was definately ugly, but it's hard to be incredibly irritated as the game really ment nothing but the offensive ineptitude is just insane, INSANE and I hope they find their "easy" button this week or they will be another "1 and done" in the postseason.

For the upcoming playoff game:

-Getting some of these injured guys back has become paramount. Peko is the one guy they REALLY need back in the lineup. I was souring on Crocker a little, but after watching Nelson, I was practically drooling for Crocker....D'Brick on Nelson was friggin hilarious. Don't know what the deal with Jumpy is/was, hopefully it was just a rest issue as the guy still goes full throttle when the play is on, but looks like the living dead walking around. I give major props to Jumpy this season, I bet this guy is playing with a lot of pain.

-Nice to see B.Scott back in the action. I REALLY like what I saw on some of the kickoffs, more please this week.

- I suspect the Defensive game plan will actually not vary a whole lot from what was done in the 1st game. I expect the Bengals to leave JJ and Leon on islands and commit defenders to the run game, only this time hopefully with a little more pressure being brought on a rookie QB in the postseason.

-I'm glad the Bengals got a dose of some of the Jet wildcat, thats how they really got burned and they'll know what to expect when the situation arises again, concentrate on TACKLING. Watch out as he might try and throw 1 or 2 this time around as well. Get the defenders commited to him and then pass one, DBs need to stay with their assignment when they go into that kind of formation.

-Offensively, uhh...do THE OPPOSITE of what you did the 1st game. How about that?

-Personally, I like bringing Kewian back, always liked the guy and thought he got totally jobbed in a numbers game and 2 1st round draft picks in back-to-back drafts. Always thought he was an alright player as well, not great, but decent.

i think ratliff was actually of the first "Attitude cuts" i think he came here cocky from FL, had a decent showing his first year.. then got some poor attitude and habits from some other DB's at the time and was easiest to get rid of..

when he had the knee or leg issue he got beat a few times for sure... but unless that lingered forever... he should be a darn good nickel corner.

[quote name='Dr Tarzan' date='05 January 2010 - 02:26 AM' timestamp='1262654795' post='852008']
You had me believing in you until the last statement which entirely blew your credibility. Rat sucked as a CB and only passable as a S.
[/quote]

His defense was alright I'd rather have him than Nelson in the backfield this week. His PRs sucked sure, but he's not a bad guy to have at this point in time.

The Jets' defense is very good. They finished 1st in the NFL in scoring defense and yards-allowed and possess talented players at all three levels. Add in a proven coordinator running the show with his patented blitz-heavy scheme and this is a tough match-up for most teams in the NFL. The Bengals need to figure out a way to attack them because nothing we tried on Sunday seemed to work very well. I'm less worried about the other side of the ball, which should be boosted by the return of Peko and Crocker. Brandon Johnson should also probably get more snaps over Jeanty or Rivers.

Archived