Draft Expectations

Packers defensive tackle B.J. Raji, Chiefs defensive end Tyson Jackson and Bills defensive end Aaron Maybin failed to tally a single sack.(Fox Sports)

When considering last years draft picks it's hit or miss .I hope that Dunlap , Muckelroy and Atkins turn out to be this years Brian Arakpo (11 sacks) but as a fan I'm keeping my expectations low and relying on the vets to give these guys time to grow into starters. As new members of the NFL they'll learn that the jump from college to the pros is huge.

Last year I wanted Raji badly. The year before it was Ellis . Both guys are still in the developmental stage with expectations for big improvement.

[quote name='Patmo' date='10 May 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1273523006' post='887453']
Packers defensive tackle B.J. Raji, Chiefs defensive end Tyson Jackson and Bills defensive end Aaron Maybin failed to tally a single sack.(Fox Sports)

When considering last years draft picks it's hit or miss .I hope that Dunlap , Muckelroy and Atkins turn out to be this years Brian Arakpo (11 sacks) but as a fan I'm keeping my expectations low and relying on the vets to give these guys time to grow into starters. As new members of the NFL they'll learn that the jump from college to the pros is huge.

Last year I wanted Raji badly. The year before it was Ellis . Both guys are still in the developmental stage with expectations for big improvement.
[/quote]

Ellis is an established player now. He had a good rookie year and followed it up by playing well in 2009. He's had some injury problems but there isn't any question that he's a good NFL DT. I didn't pay much attention to Raji but he seems to be a backup still.

[quote name='sparky151' date='10 May 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1273523333' post='887457']
Ellis is an established player now. He had a good rookie year and followed it up by playing well in 2009. He's had some injury problems but there isn't any question that he's a good NFL DT. I didn't pay much attention to Raji but he seems to be a backup still.
[/quote]

I was referring to their rookie season . Raji was just OK and Ellis was hurt. My point was ...hope for the best but don't bet on rookies. If we get a stud right out of the box....great. If we don't let's hope that they show promise and none are considered a big mistake.

[quote name='CougarQuest' date='10 May 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1273526071' post='887475']
When our first round pick only has to be better than JP Foschi, he will look like a stud.
[/quote]

If he stays healthy ,you've got that right . If he stays healthy he could end up the steal of this years draft. He sure looks like the real deal.

[quote name='Patmo' date='10 May 2010 - 08:04 PM' timestamp='1273547076' post='887551']
If he stays healthy ,you've got that right . If he stays healthy he could end up the steal of this years draft. He sure looks like the real deal.
[/quote]

He could have an arm amputated and match Foschi.

I expect Gresham to produce average numbers early in his career. His big impact will be the forced adjustments to the defense thus opening up the offense.

I suspect you will a return of the big pass play and increased yac with Gresham on the field.

Archived