Bengals win superbowl

Wow. That game looks pretty crappy.
Still using the same old physics and interface that drives players nuts - Ced runs right through a ref at one point and that spin move still looks far from authentic. Tacklers just fall away as if the ball carrier was covered in butter.
Then there's that Chad catch in the end zone. Yeah, Chad is one of the best at getting his feet down but on a dead sprint on a go route he just stops on his tip toes immediately, turns around and catches the ball like it was a 10 yard out or something.
Ridiculous. Mark 2011 as another Madden version I will not be buying. I used to love this game.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' date='03 August 2010 - 01:09 PM' timestamp='1280866199' post='902310']
Wow. That game looks pretty crappy.
Still using the same old physics and interface that drives players nuts - Ced runs right through a ref at one point and that spin move still looks far from authentic. Tacklers just fall away as if the ball carrier was covered in butter.
Then there's that Chad catch in the end zone. Yeah, Chad is one of the best at getting his feet down but on a dead sprint on a go route he just stops on his tip toes immediately, turns around and catches the ball like it was a 10 yard out or something.
Ridiculous. Mark 2011 as another Madden version I will not be buying. I used to love this game.
[/quote]

Yup, looks like the same ole Madden. No innovation. I like how at 1:24 #56 and #20 have absolutely ZERO impact on the play. They just fall down at Benson's feet. At 2:30, the football isn't on the Lombardi Trophy. Such lame attention to detail. Tiburon doesn't get it. Physics are totally absent. Same tackle animations from years ago. At least Obama is in the game this year though.

Backbreaker is looking good after the latest patch info. Hopefully that gets a second wind for that game. Such good promise with the REAL physics engine.

I suppose there is nothing wrong with those bashing the game because they demand more than its willing to deliver, but while the glitches and imperfections bug me I can't even begin to imagine my life without playing Madden mid August-October.

I mean, fuck, its been a staple of my life for the past 15 years. I've rather come to enjoy finding the things I'd fix about the game every year. It beats the alternative...not playing season after season as the Bengals and pretending I am the ultimate commander of my favorite sports franchise for a brief period of time.

Archived