Eastern Conference Finals

Who will win and move on to the finals?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and move on to the finals?

• Miami
    • Detroit

Guest 34inXXIII
I couldn't possibly imagine playing any sport with a rib injury like that but coming back so soon and delivering a clutch performance in game 7 to get the Heat to the Finals would probably be considered "Jordan-like". Despite having to listen to more of BJ's propoganda if it happens [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/3.gif[/img] it would be a great story that I wouldn't necessarily be against seeing come to fruition. I'm just pleased to see the Spurs in there, quite honestly.

For as much as BJ & I have been back and forth on the MVP issue, I'm no Nash fan. In fact, I'm not much of an NBA fan to begin with. My favorite team is the Kings and I had to suffer through them having a player (Webber) I did not care for at all. On the other hand, the Spurs have a great organization and I could be satisfied seeing Duncan in the Finals every year. It's nice to see such a great athlete enjoy sucess without sacrificing anything from his high level of class and dignity. I would like to think that, in time, the same could be said about Carson Palmer.

Guest CTBengalsFan

I think we'll be seeing Tayshaun Prince back on Wade because Wade will definitely try to play and if he does, he definitely won't be at full speed.

Pistons to close out the series monday night. :D

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Jun 5 2005, 11:37 AM']I think we'll be seeing Tayshaun Prince back on Wade because Wade will definitely try to play and if he does, he definitely won't be at full speed.

Pistons to close out the series monday night. :D
[right][post="99653"][/post][/right][/quote]

Dream on fella, if you think Shaq & Co are going to lose at home, your :crazy: ...The Pistons got a nice home win, but that's were the story ends..Rasheed said it himself, although he got fined 20k for saying it...Shaq vs. Duncan, best matchup for basketball and it's going to happen...

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 5 2005, 02:12 PM']Dream on fella, if you think Shaq & Co are going to lose at home, your  :crazy: ...The Pistons got a nice home win, but that's were the story ends..Rasheed said it himself, although he got fined 20k for saying it...Shaq vs. Duncan, best matchup for basketball and it's going to happen...
[right][post="99664"][/post][/right][/quote]

As I recall, Detriot won Game 1 in Miami, didn't they?

Guest CTBengalsFan

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 5 2005, 01:12 PM']Dream on fella, if you think Shaq & Co are going to lose at home, your  :crazy: ...The Pistons got a nice home win, but that's were the story ends..Rasheed said it himself, although he got fined 20k for saying it...Shaq vs. Duncan, best matchup for basketball and it's going to happen...
[right][post="99664"][/post][/right][/quote]

and [u]suprisingly[/u] you are wrong YET AGAIN when it comes to the NBA, you should just give up.

they will be back next year so while im disappointed im also looking forward to next year...this has only made them stronger...d wade will only get better and i think van gundy will learn from this so i think next year will be another good year...and if wade doesnt get hurt i n game 5 then miami would be in the finals so i feel ok about everything

Guest steggyD
[quote name='BengalsCat' date='Jun 7 2005, 09:51 AM']Haha u know it took detriot the full 48 minutes TO BEAT AN INJURED miami heat team. SO yeah. I am angry. The heats heart should have won them that game. If wade and shaq were heathy detroit would have been done in 6...
[right][post="100206"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
It's hard to beat a team when the NBA tells the refs to make as many bad or non calls as possible to keep the "popular" team in the race. Where was that foul call when Prince was fouled behind the 3 point line? That's when the game began to go in favor of Miami. But they were able to handle the bad calls and win still. Oh, and out of bounds on Detroit when Shaq clearly throws the ball out. Crazy refs. It reminds me of a Bengals' game.

Guest CTBengalsFan

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:00 PM']It's hard to beat a team when the NBA tells the refs to make as many bad or non calls as possible to keep the "popular" team in the race. Where was that foul call when Prince was fouled behind the 3 point line? That's when the game began to go in favor of Miami. But they were able to handle the bad calls and win still. Oh, and out of bounds on Detroit when Shaq clearly throws the ball out. Crazy refs. It reminds me of a Bengals' game.
[right][post="100313"][/post][/right][/quote]

or when Shaq turns around and lowers his shoulder into guys 70 lbs lighter than him and that's not a foul, but tapping him on the arm as he goes up is :rolleyes:

Shaq has run out of fuel though, he's declining, I am not worried about him next year either.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

I'll man up and say I was wrong, Damon "the bulter" Jones did MIA no favors, goofy s.o.b.. :angry2: ...anyway, do you Detriot fans think that they will be able to handle the Spurs?

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' date='Jun 7 2005, 02:37 PM']Damon "the bulter" Jones did MIA no favors, goofy s.o.b.. :angry2:
[right][post="100386"][/post][/right][/quote]
Do you have to mention him by name?..... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img]

Who doesn't belong here:
A. Chauncey Billups
B. Tony Parker
C. Steve Nash
D. Damon Jones

He was the weakest part of our team all year and it was exploited in the playoffs. If he is not shooting the 3, he is useless (can't play a lick of D, can't handle the ball, has no drive, is not fast, brings the ball up slow with his back to the play). It's not so much that he doesn't do anything on offense except shoot 3's, but the opposing point guard eats him alive and sets up others by penetrating.

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:00 PM']It's hard to beat a team when the NBA tells the refs to make as many bad or non calls as possible to keep the "popular" team in the race. Where was that foul call when Prince was fouled behind the 3 point line? That's when the game began to go in favor of Miami. But they were able to handle the bad calls and win still. Oh, and out of bounds on Detroit when Shaq clearly throws the ball out. Crazy refs. It reminds me of a Bengals' game.
[right][post="100313"][/post][/right][/quote]

are you serious? you're gonna say that there was a conspiracy against detroit or somethin....oh yeah there were no missed calls on detroit like when the ball goes off the detroit players foot and they dont call it a kick ball??? yeah ok you just tell yourself that
oh and im sick of watchin rasheed wallace...he never thinks a foul is on him...if they do call a fall on him he goes crazy....the one that stands out in my mind is when they called rasheed for foulin wade and he just went crazy...then they show a replay and he hacks wade right across the arm.....yes rasheed you commit fouls too
[quote name='CTBengalsFan' date='Jun 7 2005, 01:18 PM']or when Shaq turns around and lowers his shoulder into guys 70 lbs lighter than him and that's not a foul, but tapping him on the arm as he goes up is :rolleyes:

Shaq has run out of fuel though, he's declining, I am not worried about him next year either.
[right][post="100324"][/post][/right][/quote]

are you kidding?? so because hes bigger than eveyrbody else he should be called for a fall? thats basically what you're saying...hes bigger than everybody and he should be allowed to take advantage of that....how about everytime shaq gets the ball who ever is guarding him is pushin on him...if its anybody else thats a foul but since hes so big they dont call a foul

Archived