2011 Draft All-Underrated Team

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1299583734' post='975674']
http://2guys1football.com/index/?p=461

I would love it if the Bengals got Robert Sands!
[/quote]

A guy that impressed me that's on the list is Kendrick Burney... maybe not as a future starter, but as a guy that can contribute on STs and in nickel and dime packages. I'm really impressed with his instincts - he was constantly getting his hands on the ball and making plays. The Bengals got a great look at him at the Senior Bowl.

[quote name='Abu-Zayd' timestamp='1299602655' post='975737']
And I like Dion Lewis of Pitt as well.
[/quote]

Beat me to it.

Dion Lewis '09...1799 yds...5.5 avg...18 tds ([b]as a freshman[/b])

Dion Lewis '10...1061 yds...4.8 avg...13 tds

Some team is going to get a steal in this guy. He was freaking unbelievable as a freshman (I am sure UC fans still remember him). He also caught 52 passes in just two seasons at Pitt.

[quote name='fredtoast' timestamp='1299630976' post='975923']
Beat me to it.

Some team is going to get a steal in this guy. He was freaking unbelievable as a freshman (I am sure UC fans still remember him). He also caught 52 passes in just two seasons at Pitt.
[/quote]

I like short running backs. Quizz Rodgers from Oregon State is another intriguing guy if you can get him later in the draft.

I know it goes against pretty much everyone else here's ideal plans, but if I was running the draft this year, I'd almost exclusively try to rebuild the offense. (Grab a Safety or two in FA (and maybe the draft) and go young in the front 7 with guys like Muckelroy, Atkins, etc.) Grab your QB of the future, a true #1 WR, a new 3rd down back, a couple OL, etc. and let them learn together along with Simpson, Gresham, Shipley, Andre, Whit....

[quote name='fredtoast' timestamp='1299630976' post='975923']
Beat me to it.

[/quote]

yea man. To see him run is impressive. He's only 5'7" and 195lb but runs tough and doesn't seem to take big hits. I remember games when he had 50+ touches and was not worn out. His freshman year, people were arguing over who was better between him and L.McCoy. Ray Rice seems a good comparison, but he seems to play faster and much faster than his 4.57 combine time.

Archived