Hey guys, I've updated my mock draft to reflect the standings so far

You can check it out here: [url="http://www.footballdraftnotebook.com/MockDraft2012.html"]2012 NFL Mock Draft[/url]

I fixed some of the backgrounds to make the text more readable. Let me know if you can't read any.

As well I would love to hear your feedback!

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1318041107' post='1041566']
We have a RB who is 6th in the NFL in rushing and averaging 4.5 yards per carry. And that's without our best run blocking interior lineman. Why waste a first round pick on RB when it's not a need?
[/quote]
He's almost 30. He's a headcase. He can't catch out of the backfield in an offense that emphasizes on it. He's not capable of beating guys one on one. He's a downhill runner and that's it. No lateral agility. He's not going to break a 50 yarder off for a score. He's probably not a good guy for the locker room because of his constant bitching. Last year he had a 3.5 ypc and had 7 fumbles. He's on a 1 year contract and is one bad move away from being out for 8-16 games.

I'd say it's a need.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1318083927' post='1041631']
He's almost 30. He's a headcase. He can't catch out of the backfield in an offense that emphasizes on it. He's not capable of beating guys one on one. He's a downhill runner and that's it. No lateral agility. He's not going to break a 50 yarder off for a score. He's probably not a good guy for the locker room because of his constant bitching. Last year he had a 3.5 ypc and had 7 fumbles. He's on a 1 year contract and is one bad move away from being out for 8-16 games.

I'd say it's a need.
[/quote]

I agree with some of this , but definitely not all of this.

the 3.5ypc was as much, if not more a product of the oline rather than Benson. He's averaging 4.5ypc so far this year, and that's without Bobbie.

He's beaten guys one-on-one plenty, and while lateral agility isn't his strong suit, he can do it. He turned the corner fine a few times in the Bills game alone. He's so so as a pass catcher.

All that said, I do think its time to move on, but its not because of his play. And I don't know about using much of a draft pick either. Nothing against Richardson, but I'm not a big believer of using a high pick on a RB. He's the type of RB you'd use one on though, but I think we can be fine with Scott, Leonard, Peerman and Finley.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1318083927' post='1041631']

I'd say it's a need.
[/quote]

Completely agree with this. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, just as an FYI, I'm going to update this mock draft every 4 weeks.

Archived