Week 17- Ravens Week Part Deux : Game moved to 4:15

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1325434776' post='1081772']
I have a kinda "fun" hypothetical for you guys...Jets win early in the day, we have to win or tie to get in.

Our game goes to overtime and the ravens are forced to punt late in overtime. We get the ball around our own 35 yard line with about 45 seconds left. Game is tied obviously, and the ravens are all out of timeouts. Do you just knee it or run the ball, settle for the tie and clinch the playoffs? Or do you go for the win, risk a turnover and losing the game and getting knocked out of the playoffs?
[/quote]

You tie and go to Houston. Anyone who says otherwise is not too bright.

I have a kinda "fun" hypothetical for you guys...Jets win early in the day, we have to win or tie to get in.

Our game goes to overtime and the ravens are forced to punt late in overtime. We get the ball around our own 35 yard line with about 45 seconds left. Game is tied obviously, and the ravens are all out of timeouts. Do you just knee it or run the ball, settle for the tie and clinch the playoffs? Or do you go for the win, risk a turnover and losing the game and getting knocked out of the playoffs?
[/quote]

this is just me, but absolutely play for the tie and make no apologies about my playoff berth.

[/quote]

easy... take the tie and playoffs

I'm not sure I trust Marvin enough to realize that and make the move. A coach with a history of great in-game decisions like Tom Coughlin, maybe, but not Marvin Lewis. He'd probably go for the win not realizing that the tie was all that's necessary.

Archived