Who do you have eyes on?

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1334236415' post='1117858']

Coples is a beast, think Julius Peppers. He will be a top 15 pick.
[/quote]

I just think he's more JPP than Peppers at this point, not that JPP hasn't turned into a gem. Just saying that for as hyped as he's been, I thought he'd a more polished product than what I saw watching him for the first time.

[quote name='bengaled' timestamp='1334427956' post='1118468']

where do you have rainey? i've seen marks all over the place on him.
[/quote]

probably no earlier than mid-3rd.

Haven't really watched much of him til yesterday. Not sure he fits the Bengals. I don't think he has the size to be the #2 RB outright, and they don't need another small WR. They'd have to take another RB, and I"m really not sure how you'd fit both on the 53 man roster.

I'll say this though as far as the group above, IMO Herron is underrated. He's not in the top 5-6 guys, but I think he can be a very good #2/spot starter. Shows incredible vision and cutting ability on tape. Elite speed is his one hiccup, but he's got enough speed to play at the next level.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1334428662' post='1118471']

probably no earlier than mid-3rd.

Haven't really watched much of him til yesterday. Not sure he fits the Bengals. I don't think he has the size to be the #2 RB outright, and they don't need another small WR. They'd have to take another RB, and I"m really not sure how you'd fit both on the 53 man roster.

I'll say this though as far as the group above, IMO Herron is underrated. He's not in the top 5-6 guys, but I think he can be a very good #2/spot starter. Shows incredible vision and cutting ability on tape. Elite speed is his one hiccup, but he's got enough speed to play at the next level.
[/quote]

just determined something i hadn't realized before. rainey has ball security issues. we can't have that, so i'll probably move on to another returner type.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1334588284' post='1118791']
WR Dwight Jones
WR AJ Jenkins
WR Alshon Jeffery
CB Chase Minnifield
CB Casey Heyward
CB Leonard Johnson
WR Stephen Hill
WR Joe Adams
WR Marquize Maze
[/quote]
What do you make of Minnifield?

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1334598848' post='1118865']
What do you make of Minnifield?
[/quote]

I really like him, but not sure he's what the Bengals will be looking for. I think he's a very good prospect, but not if you want him to be strictly a man corner. He doesn't have elite speed.

I watched him play very well against Stephen Hill

I have similar feelings about casey Hayward, who I also saw play very well against alshon jeffery.

CB Shaun Prater
CB Dwight Bentley
CB Josh Robinson

The more I watch the corners, the more I hope they grab one of the top guys. IMO there's only 6-7 top guys who could be top end man corners. There's other guys I like, but are probably more zone coverage guys. At least the guys I've watched. I'm sure there's some sleepers I'm missing.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1334891274' post='1119818']
CB Shaun Prater
CB Dwight Bentley
CB Josh Robinson

The more I watch the corners, the more I hope they grab one of the top guys. IMO there's only 6-7 top guys who could be top end man corners. There's other guys I like, but are probably more zone coverage guys. At least the guys I've watched. I'm sure there's some sleepers I'm missing.
[/quote]
Jayron Hoseley is good

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1334931784' post='1119883']
Jayron Hoseley is good
[/quote]

Claiborne
Gilmore
Kirkpatrick
Jenkins
Boykin
Robinson
Dennard
Minnifield
Hayward

I think there's a big dropoff at corner after that list, and while I like the last 2 I'm not sure they fit the Bengals scheme. Outside of that list the only corner who has really impressed me is Ryan Steed. Fleming too, but don't think he fits scheme either. I do like Judie and Hosley, but don't think they are in the class of the above.

I just worry that if they don't grab a corner in the first, all the good ones will be gone by the time they pick at #53.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1334932120' post='1119885']

Claiborne
Gilmore
Kirkpatrick
Jenkins
Boykin
Robinson
Dennard
[b]Minnifield[/b]
Hayward

I think there's a big dropoff at corner after that list, and while I like the last 2 I'm not sure they fit the Bengals scheme. Outside of that list the only corner who has really impressed me is Ryan Steed. Fleming too, but don't think he fits scheme either. I do like Judie and Hosley, but don't think they are in the class of the above.

I just worry that if they don't grab a corner in the first, all the good ones will be gone by the time they pick at #53.
[/quote]

take Minnifield off the list, he just had micro-fracture surgery.

Dennard just assaulted a cop so it's probably safe to take him off the list too

[quote name='spicoli' timestamp='1335022755' post='1120174']

take Minnifield off the list, he just had micro-fracture surgery.

Dennard just assaulted a cop so it's probably safe to take him off the list too
[/quote]

while I like minnifield, he's not a great fit in the bengals scheme anyway IMO. Just makes it even more wise to take a corner in round one IMO.

Archived