Dougie Martin

JC

Not a thread about wanting him on the Bengals. I think I've put that behind me..

Not really. Buuuuttt, would you trade Ryan Matthews and Eric Decker for him? My receivers are Calvin, Julio, Jordy, Gordon, Decker, and Maclin. My running backs are AP, Matthews, BJGE, LeShoure, and Brown.

I figured that Calvin, Julio, and Jordy are locks each week and Decker will likely never see the starting line-up sans Jordy's bye next week. Ryan Matthews hasn't scored big and I'm worried about Battle stealing his touchdowns and Brown stealing his third down snaps. I was for sure going to do this until I saw big Carl Nicks went to IR today. Still worth it? Nicks is a monster in the run game..

I'd definitely make that trade. You don't need Decker with the WR depth you have and without checking I'd imagine Martin is a better fantasy player than Matthews at this point. I'd ignore Decker and decide who you like more, Martin or Matthews.

OT, I watched some of Dj Harper of Boise today, and IMO he may end up being an even better pro than Martin.

Do you think Martin is worth trading a starter and a dark horse WR that plays on the same team as Manning? You have to remember that Martin is sharing the love in Tampa and that Blount is probably going to get the most touches near the goal line. If Blount was trade that would be a totally different ball game. As of now he hasn't.

Well. Decker is never going to see my fantasy line-up. It just won't happen with Calvin, Julio, and Jordy. Not to mention, I just snagged DeMarius Moore off of waivers.

I'm not worried about Blount. He is likely to get traded and he hasn't really impacted Doug yet, as Doug is the Bucs main GLB. I guess I'm just worried about Doug's line now that Nicks went down. I know the guy I'm battling with for first offered Alex Green and Witten for Doug and Pettigrew. So my deal is much better. I think I'm going to go threw with it. I was just a little worried about Matthews, but with Ronnie Brown stealing his catches and yards, I think I'm going with Doug.

How many teams are in your league?

I am in a 12 man league... currently 2nd place, $100 buy in - normal Yahoo settings.

QB - Peyton Manning
WR - Victor Cruz
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - James Jones
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Frank Gore
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Matt Prater
DEF - Seattle

Bench - C.J. Spiller
Bench - Andre Brown
Bench - DeAngelo Williams
Bench - Stevie Johnson
Bench - Greg Jennings
Bench - Pierre Garcon

I am thinking about dropping Andre Brown and picking up Kendal Hunter, who I think is a bad ass. If Gore got hurt, they wouldn't miss a thing IMO. However, is Bradshaw gets hurt, that Brown dude can move the chains too. My league is deep. There isn't a thing on the waiver wire.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1351705434' post='1175928']
How many teams are in your league?

I am in a 12 man league... currently 2nd place, $100 buy in - normal Yahoo settings.

QB - Peyton Manning
WR - Victor Cruz
WR - Reggie Wayne
WR - James Jones
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Frank Gore
TE - Antonio Gates
K - Matt Prater
DEF - Seattle

Bench - C.J. Spiller
Bench - Andre Brown
Bench - DeAngelo Williams
Bench - Stevie Johnson
Bench - Greg Jennings
Bench - Pierre Garcon

I am thinking about dropping Andre Brown and picking up Kendal Hunter, who I think is a bad ass. If Gore got hurt, they wouldn't miss a thing IMO. However, is Bradshaw gets hurt, that Brown dude can move the chains too. My league is deep. There isn't a thing on the waiver wire.
[/quote]

I just snagged Kendal Hunter in one of my leagues. Can't remember who I dropped to do so. I think it was one of the back up RB's from Jacksonville.

Archived