Safari and Mountain Lion

Jason

Ever since I loaded Mountain Lion my web browser (Safari) has become painfully slow. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's over 50%. Pages take a long time to start to load. Once it actually starts it goes pretty quickly, but it "thinks about it" for a while.

I have scanned for viruses and it is happening on my laptop and desktop.

Anyone else having this issue?

lol viruses...

on a serious note however, wasnt there just a safari update released.. have you checked safari updates?

also maybe disk utility check permissions and things of that nature...

i had a similar issue with chrome/firefox, ran disk utility, it found currupt hard disk.. had to format, etc.. been perfect since then..

[quote name='Dalton4HOF' timestamp='1352133021' post='1177808']
lol viruses...

on a serious note however, wasnt there just a safari update released.. have you checked safari updates?

i had a similar issue with chrome/firefox, ran disk utility, it found currupt hard disk.. had to format, etc.. been perfect since then..
[/quote]

I had installed the safari update, and it improved things, but did not fix it.

[quote name='Dalton4HOF' timestamp='1352167629' post='1178026']
that happened to me 2-3 times, EVENTUALLY i had to reformat, but it fixed it just fixing permissions a few times...

hope it stays fixed...
[/quote]

Me too. :)

Thanks.

[quote name='Dalton4HOF' timestamp='1352133021' post='1177808']
lol viruses...

[/quote]

I ran the disk utility on my desktop. It found no issues, but I am still having the page load issues.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1352497637' post='1179035']
I ran the disk utility on my desktop. It found no issues, but I am still having the page load issues.
[/quote]

With a different browser as well?

From where are you getting your DNS settings? Via your ISP, or hard-coded on your router?

Archived