Keenan Allen vs DeAndre Hopkins vs Quinton Patton

Been looking at WR's in the draft, who could be immediate starters and upgrade the current no.2 WR spot. 3 guys intrigue me.  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Ignoring other WR prospects for the moment, which of these guys would be the best fit in our offense next to AJ Green?

• Keenan Allen
    • DeAndre Hopkins
    • Quinton Patton

I like Hopkins. I think he's the most polished route runner of the 3 and IMO a little more explosive than Allen. Allen might have a little higher ceiling, but IMO he's also a tall lanky guy like Green whereas Hopkins is more like a Roddy White or Julio Jones build. Not sure you want your top 2 guys to have the same body type, though I also don't know that it matters at all.

Also, and again not a huge factor, but from the video I've watched Allen lines up mostly in the slot, which the Bengals have covered. That's not to say Allen can't line up outside as he does that on occasion. Hopkins routinely lined up in every spot for Clemson.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1360514877' post='1213768']
I like Hopkins. I think he's the most polished route runner of the 3 and IMO a little more explosive than Allen. Allen might have a little higher ceiling, but IMO he's also a tall lanky guy like Green whereas Hopkins is more like a Roddy White or Julio Jones build. Not sure you want your top 2 guys to have the same body type, though I also don't know that it matters at all.

[b]Also, and again not a huge factor, but from the video I've watched Allen lines up mostly in the slot, which the Bengals have covered. That's not to say Allen can't line up outside as he does that on occasion. Hopkins routinely lined up in every spot for Clemson.[/b]
[/quote]

Interesting. I didn't know this.

I picked Hopkins anyway. I think he's more dynamic in the open field than Allen which makes him more a more dangerous weapon imo. I also like Patten, but with the 2b pick. He's underrated!

I can already see it now....6'3 AJ Green and 6'2 De'Andre Hopkins on the outside, with 6'2 man-child Sanu in the slot to go along with the 6'5 Gresham at TE....6'2 Marvin Jones as the 4th WR and 6'3 Orson Charles as the back-up TE...plus a speed back like Jon Franklin in the backfield.......now that's a group with some size, speed and talent right there!

Archived