Peko Extended

Yeah the only thing working against Zim is time; it's probably going to take more than one season for him to really get them in contention and fans are not known for their patience.

They gave Fraiser 3 years, 3.5 if you count his time as Interim HC. I feel like 3 years is a very fair amount of time to turn around a franchise, especially one that has AP.

I have very little doubt that Zimmer is going to be successful, and think that the ones questioning it are just being hopeful that he fails so he can come back here aka Lebau.

The problem with that paradigm you just pointed out is that there is only one group where stopping the whining means all the whining has stopped.

False notion. Discussing the short comings of your favorite team is not whining, it's analysis.

False notion. Discussing the short comings of your favorite team is not whining, it's analysis.

Someone who is a broken record is not discussing.. Maybe you can find another word for it, but I think whining suits fine.

Also, much of the whining is hyperbolic BS.  But I digress.

Dude, really don't give a shit what the coaches say in interviews about their players at this point, because its all sprinkled with sunshine and rainbows. And we can stop treating our coach's (and former coach's) every word like the word of God anytime now. Until Marvin and Zimmer both go 16-0, I think I'm entitled to an opinion.

And the Pro Bowl isn't ALWAYS complete bullshit fanservice. Not that I'm trying to base my whole argument on Peko not being a Pro Bowler, I'm not. I'm saying his play isn't up there with the great DTs in the league. Its obvious by watching him. I get his role in the defense, but the greats don't get tossed around as often as he does. But Zimmer says he's the GOAT in an interview, so I'm about to get collectively shat on by everyone ITT with a hard-on for Peko. Awesome.

Thrown around? I mean I will grant you that he hasn't been as awesome as he was a few years ago, but he's still a very solid player and fills his role of lane clogger very well, I usually agree with you on things and can not agree more about the idea that a coaches interview is going to be filled with sunshine and rainbows about their guys and as such should be taken with a grain of salt, but my eyeball test tells me Peko is still a very solid player.

Someone who is a broken record is not discussing.. Maybe you can find another word for it, but I think whining suits fine.

Also, much of the whining is hyperbolic BS.  But I digress.

“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in..." George W Bush

Although I will grant you that W was full of shit. ;)

“See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in..." George W Bush

Although I will grant you that W was full of shit. ;)

What is the point of this "truth" of yours sinking in, and why does it bother you so much to think someone sees it differently? This isn't politics..

Same question. ;)

Really? I almost never argue.  I pretty much say my thing and let it lie.. The only thing I have been harping on lately is the lameness of this place much of the time.. And that is something that is important to me. 

Really? I almost never argue.  I pretty much say my thing and let it lie.. The only thing I have been harping on lately is the lameness of this place much of the time.. And that is something that is important to me. 

I guess I disagree that this place is lame. When people disagree there is going to be contention from time to time, that's the nature of the beast when you're talking about passionate fans. I just don't get the "whining about whining" folks AT ALL. People are going to disagree with things the team does, whether they can control those things or not, and on a message board where the point is to discuss ALL things good or bad about the team that is going to happen.

I feel that those who have issues with people discussing the bad, in all sincerity either dont recognize the bad or because they can't do anything about it don't wish to discuss it, and that's fine but in a message board for all fans what they don't have the right to do, is complain about those that do wish to discuss it.

I guess I disagree that this place is lame. When people disagree there is going to be contention from time to time, that's the nature of the beast when you're talking about passionate fans. I just don't get the "whining about whining" folks AT ALL. People are going to disagree with things the team does, whether they can control those things or not, and on a message board where the point is to discuss ALL things good or bad about the team that is going to happen.

I feel that those who have issues with people discussing the bad, in all sincerity either dont recognize the bad or because they can't do anything about it don't wish to discuss it, and that's fine but in a message board for all fans what they don't have the right to do, is complain about those that do wish to discuss it.

Sure, but some people seem predominately occupied with the bad.. That's when they get called out for bitching/whining.  It's annoying in any social situation, that's why being a "whiner" or a "bitch" are negative labels that were applied to people BEFORE the advent of the internet, and it's no less annoying on it,

Sure, but some people seem predominately occupied with the bad.. That's when they get called out for bitching/whining.  It's annoying in any social situation, that's why being a "whiner" or a "bitch" are negative labels that were applied to people BEFORE the advent of the internet, and it's no less annoying on it,

And you have some people on the other side who seem predominately occupied with ignoring it. That's why the term homer isn't something one should wear with pride either. And from where I sit that is just as annoying.

I would argue that the majority of this board falls in the middle TBH.

And you have some people on the other side who seem predominately occupied with ignoring it. That's why the term homer isn't something one should wear with pride either. And from where I sit that is just as annoying.

I would argue that the majority of this board falls in the middle TBH.

I disagree that homer's of my own team are annoying. But whatever.

oh, some of them certainly are.

There's bad eggs on both ends of the spectrum.

Ok, I have met some delusional (positive) types that make you want to roll your eyes.. But I would take a long car ride with one of them any day over someone who bitches and complains all the time.. Anyway this isn't a constructive conversation anyway since this place is what it is and not likely to change anytime soon.

haha man stop agreeing with me lately, it makes me uncomfortable :P

don't worry, I'm not agreeing with you.  Just disagreeing that all homers are good.

I'm an optimist/homer and I'm proud of that fact.  I won't ever feel ashamed about going through life looking for the positives.

don't worry, I'm not agreeing with you.  Just disagreeing that all homers are good.

I'm an optimist/homer and I'm proud of that fact.  I won't ever feel ashamed about going through life looking for the positives.

I take the look that looking at things realistically is the best way to attack a problem and fix it, even if I cant do anything about the Bengals.

I take the look that looking at things realistically is the best way to attack a problem and fix it, even if I cant do anything about the Bengals.

Optimist does not preclude being a problem solver.. Not dwelling does not equal ignoring.

the person who just implied optimists aren't realistic...

I certainly wasnt implying that, if that's what you took it to mean, then let me say thats not what I meant.

I dont think being a problem solver has anything to do with one's outlook on the problem TBH.

Archived