Bad 80's metal

Guest mongoloido

Guest mongoloido

So I'm putting together a series of bad compilations (bad music is my kryptonite. if it makes you tap your toe and hate yourself for doing it, I love it. :D ). Right now, I'm working on the first of 2-3 bad 80's-ish metal comps.

Wasp: Wild Child
Alice Cooper: Poison (what a stinker by a good guy :) )
Autograph: Turn Up The Radio
Cinderella: Gypsy Road
Great White: Once Bitten Twice Shy
Loudness: Crazy Nights (Japanese metal bands should never use "R's." Wock and woll cwazy nights)
Ozzy: No More Tears
Poison: Nothing But A Good Time
Ratt: Back For More (saving round and round for the second one)
Skid Row: Youth Gone Wild
Twisted Sister: I Wanna Rock
Ugly Kid Joe: Cats In The Cradle
Van Halen: Hot For Teacher
Winger: Seventeen
Europe: The Final Countdown
Motley Crue: Ten Seconds To Love

What else do I have to have for these comps? C'mon now, don't be shy! We all know the words to at least one of the songs here. :D

Help me make ears bleed!!!!!

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:12 PM']Warrent: Cherry Pie
Bon Jovi: You give love a bad name
Def Lepord: Pour some sugar on me
Starship: We Built This City
[right][post="119784"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

How could I have forgotten those?!? (except for the europe) Awesome! I need more! more i tell you!!!!

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Jul 26 2005, 06:03 PM']So I'm putting together a series of bad compilations (bad music is my kryptonite. if it makes you tap your toe and hate yourself for doing it, I love it. :D ). Right now, I'm working on the first of 2-3 bad 80's-ish metal comps.
Wasp: Wild Child
Alice Cooper: Poison (what a stinker by a good guy :) )
Autograph: Turn Up The Radio
Cinderella: Gypsy Road
Great White: Once Bitten Twice Shy
Loudness: Crazy Nights (Japanese metal bands should never use "R's." Wock and woll cwazy nights)
Ozzy: No More Tears
Poison: Nothing But A Good Time
Ratt: Back For More (saving round and round for the second one)
Skid Row: Youth Gone Wild
Twisted Sister: I Wanna Rock
Ugly Kid Joe: Cats In The Cradle
Winger: Seventeen
Motley Crue: Ten Seconds To Love
What else do I have to have for these comps? C'mon now, don't be shy! We all know the words to at least one of the songs here. :D

Help me make ears bleed!!!!!
[right][post="119783"][/post][/right][/quote]

Hmmm... this sounds alot like my "Monsters of Creech" album....This could be a copyright infringement if i've ever seen one....

Couple of suggestions...

Dio- Holy Diver and/or Rainbow in the Dark

Stryper- To Hell With the Devil

Quiet Riot- Mental Health

Jackyl - Down on Me

(edit: if you want a great intro for the cd... your best bet is to start it off with the Ultimate Warriors intro.... trust me... i know these things)

Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
Poison - Every Rose has its Thorn
Mr. Big - To be with You (though this was technally in the 90s it still has that 80s feel)
Extreame - More than Words (same as Mr. Big)
Dire Straights - Money for Nothing
Queensryche - Silent Lucidity
Scorpions - Winds of Change

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='creechnasty' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:24 PM']Hmmm... this sounds alot like my "Monsters of Creech" album....This could be a copyright infringement if i've ever seen one....

Couple of suggestions...

Dio- Holy Diver and/or Rainbow in the Dark

Stryper- To Hell With the Devil

Quiet Riot- Mental Health

Jackyl - Down on Me

[b](edit: if you want a great intro for the cd... your best bet is to start it off with the Ultimate Warriors intro.... trust me... i know these things)[/b]
[right][post="119787"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Another fine soul understands the importance of the first track. I started my 70's-ish comp with Styx: Renegade.

...Ronnie James Dio! The Christian Lords of Metal, Stryper! Quiet Riot! JAckyl were horrible! I love it..... Wasn't there some crap band called Junkyard or something back then?

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:41 PM']Are you asking for my MP3 playlist?
[right][post="119798"][/post][/right][/quote]

YES! :D

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:34 PM']Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
Poison - Every Rose has its Thorn
Mr. Big - To be with You (though this was technally in the 90s it still has that 80s feel)
Extreame - More than Words (same as Mr. Big)
Dire Straights - Money for Nothing
Queensryche - Silent Lucidity
Scorpions - Winds of Change
[right][post="119793"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Bad Ass! ......oh oh! I need Slaughter!

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='The J Dub' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:26 PM']Def Leppard- rock of ages

Poison- Unskinny Bop

Skid Row- Monkey Business

Motorhead- Ace of Spades

Quiet Riot- Cum on feel the noise

RATT- round n round
Theres a good start, I have a whole lot more in my arsenal.
[right][post="119789"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Adding those to the list of stuff to cram onto the CDs now.... Except for the Motorhead. I'm working on a non-bad metal comp too. That's gonna work it's way in with:

Slayer: Dead Skin Mask
Pantera: Fucking Hostile
Prong: Snap Your Fingers
Maybe some Nashville Pussy or Electric Frankenstein...

I think I need help with that one too. THe only stipulation I have for that comp is not Metallica. Those guys are dicks.

Guest steggyD
GnR - anything off of Appetite

Poison - Every Rose has its Thorn, Something to Believe In

Warrant - Heaven

Skid Row - 18 and Life, I Remember You ( everyone roller skated to this song, right? )

Twisted Sister - We're not Going to Take it

Scorpions - Wind of Change

Guest steggyD
[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:53 PM']GnR - anything off of Appetite

Poison - Every Rose has its Thorn, Something to Believe In

Warrant - Heaven

Skid Row - 18 and Life, I Remember You ( everyone roller skated to this song, right? )

Twisted Sister - We're not Going to Take it

Scorpions - Wind of Change
[right][post="119806"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Wait, I take all of mine back, they're not bad, they're, they're my favorite songs...

*hums Wind of Change*

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:57 PM']Wait, I take all of mine back, they're not bad, they're, they're my favorite songs...

*hums Wind of Change*
[right][post="119809"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You're no Scorpions fan. Everyone knows you whistle Winds of Change, not hum it.... This is awesome. Talking about these bands is really stirring my memory. Wind of Change reminded me of that bad metal band, Gorky Park. They had that one song "Bang."

OMG! Bang Tango! What the Hell was the song they had?!?! My anti-virus is gonna hate me with all the stuff Kazaa is going to bring me while hunting these songs down.

Guest steggyD

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Jul 26 2005, 08:06 PM']You're no Scorpions fan. Everyone knows you whistle Winds of Change, not hum it.... This is awesome. Talking about these bands is really stirring my memory. Wind of Change reminded me of that bad metal band, Gorky Park. They had that one song "Bang."
OMG! Bang Tango! What the Hell was the song they had?!?! My anti-virus is gonna hate me with all the stuff Kazaa is going to bring me while hunting these songs down.
[right][post="119813"][/post][/right][/quote]
I'm not very good at whistling, truth is, I was singing it, but I didn't want to admit that I still know the words. :ninja:

Mostly a good list so far, but I have a few problems with it. Seems like you're going for the "hair band metal" genre, so:

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Jul 26 2005, 06:03 PM']Ozzy: No More Tears
[right][post="119783"][/post][/right][/quote]

No Ozzy can ever be considered in the same sentence as the rest of these songs. Granted, this wasn't his best, but WAAAY better than many of the others.

Van Halen was never metal. Either way, that song rocked. "I GOT MY... PENCIL!"

Good times. B)

[quote name='The J Dub' date='Jul 26 2005, 06:26 PM']Motorhead- Ace of Spades
[right][post="119789"][/post][/right][/quote]

Motorhead was never a hair band. Best song they ever did.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 26 2005, 06:34 PM']Dire Straights - Money for Nothing
[right][post="119793"][/post][/right][/quote]

I don't particularly like this song, but it doesn't belong with the rest. Again, not metal and not a hair band.

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 26 2005, 06:53 PM']GnR - anything off of Appetite[/quote]

I liked that album. This one's probably debatable, but GNR was neither metal nor were they a hair band.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Jul 26 2005, 07:11 PM']Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
David Lee Roth - Just A Gigolo/I Ain't Got Nobody (or California girls)
Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot
[right][post="119815"][/post][/right][/quote]

Lita Ford is probably my weakest argument. Jut put it up there cuz Ozzy sings on it. :blush:

David Lee and Benatar... Again, neither metal nor a hair band.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='Boomer07' date='Jul 26 2005, 09:26 PM']Mostly a good list so far, but I have a few problems with it.  Seems like you're going for the "hair band metal" genre, so:
No Ozzy can ever be considered in the same sentence as the rest of these songs.  Granted, this wasn't his best, but WAAAY better than many of the others.[/quote]

He toured with all of them, partied with all of them, and lost his sacred status by doing that awefull video with a sequined outfit on. He even went with the hair metal hair... I don't condemn him for it, but I do say he's open season for cheese with some of these songs :)

[quote]Van Halen was never metal (if that's the criteria).  Either way, that song rocked.  "I GOT MY... PENCIL!"[/quote]

The hair, costumes, and cheese-factor blur the distinction between metal and hard-rock (or whatever they claimed to be).

[quote]Good times.  B)
Motorhead was never a hair band.  Best song they ever did.[/quote]

You ever see when they did the bad lipsynch "live" performance on The Young Ones? It was awesome. :)

[quote name='mongoloido' date='Jul 26 2005, 09:07 PM']He toured with all of them, partied with all of them, and lost his sacred status by doing that awefull video with a sequined outfit on. He even went with the hair metal hair... I don't condemn him for it, but I do say he's open season for cheese with some of these songs :)
The hair, costumes, and cheese-factor blur the distinction between metal and hard-rock (or whatever they claimed to be).
You ever see when they did the bad lipsynch "live" performance on The Young Ones? It was awesome. :)
[right][post="119869"][/post][/right][/quote]

I got all the "Young Ones" episodes on VHS (all that aired here anyway). So, Hell yeah I've seen it.

Lemmy was probably the ugliest human being on the face of the earth at that time.

:lol:

But, I still contend that they were never a hair/cheese band.

Guest steggyD
[quote name='Boomer07' date='Jul 26 2005, 09:26 PM']I liked that album.  This one's probably debatable, but GNR was neither metal nor were they a hair band.[right][post="119859"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Well, that's why I retracted my list. I loved GnR's Appetite album dearly. It is probably one of the best albums ever in all of rock music. If Axle Rose wasn't such a headcase, they might have become a better longer lasting band. Oh well, it is what it is.

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 26 2005, 09:32 PM']Well, that's why I retracted my list. I loved GnR's Appetite album dearly. It is probably one of the best albums ever in all of rock music. If Axle Rose wasn't such a headcase, they might have become a better longer lasting band. Oh well, it is what it is.
[right][post="119884"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah. Que sera sera.

Sorry, I missed your retraction post first time around.

I agree, they were huge, but could've been "legendary".

Goddamn Axl. :angry2:

Archived