Reverse racism

I am white. I try to live my life not seeing colors and treating people equally and with respect. In fact, some of my best friends are black, japanese etc.... I have heard arguements in the past by some that it is not possible for black people to be racist towards white people. I can't site examples because some of this has been personal dealings with people and some has been vague memories from the media. I believe racism is a two way street. What does everyone else think. And PLEASE keep this civil and in a discussion manner.

Guest BadassBengal
No such thing as reverse racism. Racism is racism, and those people who make those "arguments' towards you are f***tarded.

Guest steggyD
Of course racism exists both ways. There is no argument there. White power, black power, Asian power, green power, purple power, it's all out there.

Guest steggyD
[quote]rac·ism    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (rszm)
n.
1.  The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2.  Discrimination or prejudice based on race.[/quote]
I don't know why you would call it reverse. It's not like racism is defined as whites feeling superior to blacks. It's just one "race" feels that they are superior.

I wish I could find the link but I can't right now. There are some who believe that race is not defined by skin color, but that there are other characteristics that define a "race". The idea is that some black people are actually the same race as some whites, just different levels of melanin. The races are defined actually by skull size and shape and other such more defined physical attributes.

Of course there are others who think that races don't exist at all.

Guest steggyD
Here is a very good link on race, and the history of how humans have defined race.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race"]Race From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.[/url]

i definately think there is racism against every type of person in the world.

Im gonna get destroyed on this one, but i think affirmative action is the most racist bullshit ever. It may have been needed 40 years ago but its way out of control now. And ill give an example.

When the riots were going on here a couple years ago, the fuckhead damon lynch said that there needed to be more blacks on the police force and the cincinnati police was racist and against affirmative action. Im kind of a math geek so i think that in a perfect world the statistics dont lie (meaning there should be about the same percentage of black people on the cincinnati police force as there are black people in cincinnati). Statistics say it should be directly proportional . Well the cinncinati police force was like 40% black, 55% white, 5% other. But there are only 30% black people in cincinnatis population. so where is the problem, black people are definately represented.

Guest steggyD
[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:53 PM']Charles Barkley is one of the biggest racists on TV....
[right][post="121536"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I notice you're in the Bengals fan group. I think we have a convert here. Sure does have a ton of posts for a new guy.

[quote name='CoolieMan' date='Jul 29 2005, 04:53 PM']Charles Barkley is one of the biggest racists on TV....
[right][post="121536"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I disagree.

He speaks his mind, which is clear, and may on occassion spark some controversy, but I don't think he is racist.

He supported Steve Nash is the MVP votings and claimed that Nash being white had nothing to do with the results. A lot of other people were claiming the opposite, so if Barkley was as big of racist as people are saying, I think he would have jumped on the bandwagon.

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 29 2005, 05:05 PM']I notice you're in the Bengals fan group. I think we have a convert here. Sure does have a ton of posts for a new guy.
[right][post="121550"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

My thats alot of posts in such a short amount of time for being of the Opinion that "this place sucks."

As too the topic "I'm sure it's very possible."

Guest BlackJesus
[i][b]Can any race of person be racist ? Yes

Can someone of a race, be racist against their own race ? Yes (i.e. a black person that thinks all blacks steal)

Historically are there certain races who in certain nations have dominated the public and private arena over other races? Yes (in America it is whites over Blacks) ... (In China it is Asians over Mongols etc)

When these historical patterns are evident should there be an attempt at correction so that all can be on an even level of opportunity ? Yes
(i.e. I believe it is not racist to guarantee Blacks at minumum 12 % of college application entry based on the fact that they are 12 % of the population)

Can you be racist towards everyone ? Yes (you can believe all racial stereotypes)[/b][/i]

[quote name='whodey319' date='Jul 29 2005, 02:16 PM']i definately think there is racism against every type of person in the world.

Im gonna get destroyed on this one, but i think affirmative action is the most racist bullshit ever.  It may have been needed 40 years ago but its way out of control now.  And ill give an example. 

[right][post="121475"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Wrong. I hate when people say Affirmitvie Action is holding people down. I'll give an example.

A certain Senators slacker son made it into Harvard's MBA program, which is one of the most prestigous graduate schools in businees. He went to Yale and had a below average GPA. He took the spot of a very deserving, unconected individual out there. I will not name names (cough...GWB...cough) but that same person says Affirmitive Action is wrong but yet taking someones spot because you have rich parents is fine? At least with Affirmitive Action you have to be qualified.

If the world was just merit based then half the people who have jobs wouldn't have them. How many people do you know got a job because "they had family that worked there" or "new the manager"? So what is the difference in that and Affirmitive Action? It is a way for people, who are qualified, to get a chance they may have missed out on from nepatism or not knowing someone "inside".

[quote name='kdubdub' date='Jul 30 2005, 05:25 AM']Wrong.  I hate when people say Affirmitvie Action is holding people down.  I'll give an example.

A certain Senators slacker son made it into Harvard's MBA program, which is one of the most prestigous graduate schools in businees.  He went to Yale and had a below average GPA.  He took the spot of a very deserving, unconected individual out there.  I will not name names (cough...GWB...cough) but that same person says Affirmitive Action is wrong but yet taking someones spot because you have rich parents is fine?  At least with Affirmitive Action you have to be qualified.

If the world was just merit based then half the people who have jobs wouldn't have them.  How many people do you know got a job because "they had family that worked there" or "new the manager"?  So what is the difference in that and Affirmitive Action?  It is a way for people, who are qualified, to get a chance they may have missed out on from nepatism or not knowing someone "inside".
[right][post="121782"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
this isnt affirmative action. This is holding people out not based on any race. How do you know that that spot shouldnt have gone to a white person. Affirmative action worked when it was just trying to give equal opportunity to everyone but thats not what it is anymore. Just look at pro sports since we are on a sports board, if a team doesnt interview a minority candidate for a job then they get fined. Well lets say Bill Belichick decides to leave the patriots and he wants to coach in arizona so they fire Dennis Green and hire Belichick. They would have every civil rights group up their ass because they fired a black guy and hired a white guy without even interviewing any other blacks. It makes no sense because Belichick is the highest qualified person to do the job so why should they waste their time and money with the old coach or looking at other people. Affirmative action and civil rights like a lot of things are no longer what they were intended to be.

[quote name='whodey319' date='Jul 30 2005, 11:48 AM']this isnt affirmative action.  This is holding people out not based on any race. How do you know that that spot shouldnt have gone to a white person.  Affirmative action worked when it was just trying to give equal opportunity to everyone but thats not what it is anymore.
[right][post="121842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

It is preferential treatment which is the same thing, but on a much larger scale. Do you think more minorities are taking spots from people or unqualified people who are connected through their parents or friends?

But, what the NFL is doing with coaches is extreme and it will probably be changed. At the same time look how many times Marvin Lewis was passed over for interviews and positions, Art Shell can't even get back into football, Romeo, Dennis Green...then you have sorry, unqualified coaches like David Shula and retreads such as the 49ers old coach getting head jobs. Can you think of any young black coaches someone took a chance on similar to Jack Del Rio?

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jul 29 2005, 06:38 PM'][i][b]

Can someone of a race, be racist against their own race ? Yes  (i.e. a black person that thinks all blacks steal)

Can you be racist towards everyone ? Yes  (you can believe all racial stereotypes)[/b][/i]
[right][post="121631"][/post][/right][/quote]

These are examples of prejudice, not racism.

As to the topic of racism... If you belong to a race, you can think that your race is superior.

You can also be a sub-racist. Show racism over a sub-category of race.
I am a sub-racist. I hate all sub-human, low-life, knuckle-dragging...

Steeler, Browns, and Ravens fans.
:ninja:

[quote name='sean' date='Jul 30 2005, 01:35 PM']These are examples of prejudice, not racism.

As to the topic of racism... If you belong to a race, you can think that your race is superior.

You can also be a sub-racist. Show racism over a sub-category of race.
I am a sub-racist. I hate all sub-human, low-life, knuckle-dragging...
Steeler, Browns, and Ravens fans.
:ninja:
[right][post="121865"][/post][/right][/quote]

Racism IS prejudice, based on race. It has nothing to do with thinking YOUR race is superior. But pre judging someone based on race, and or believing that any race is superior/inferior.

[url="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=racism"]Racism:[/url] -
[b]1[/b]The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
[b]2[/b]Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

[quote name='steggyD' date='Jul 30 2005, 04:39 PM']You just contradicted yourself Lucid, but you are right. Prejudice based on race is a form of racism.
[right][post="121914"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

How did I contradict myself?

Guest steggyD
[quote name='Lucid' date='Jul 30 2005, 04:11 PM']It has [b]nothing to do with thinking YOUR race is superior[/b].  But pre judging someone based on race, [b]and or believing that any race is superior/inferior[/b].[right][post="121911"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Guest oldschooler
Reverse racism would be if I was racist against myself.
In that case...yeah... I`m an Albino, Ame-koh, AmeriKKKan, Blanco,
Blue-Eyed Devil, Briar, Cabbage, Cocksauce, Cracker, Fan Kuei,
Farang/Falang, Gabacho, Gai-jin, Gai-ko, Golden Toe, Gomer,
Goober, Gorilla Head, Goy/Goyi, Gringo, Guerro, Gwailo/Gweilo,
Haole, Hay Seed, Hick, Hillbilly, Honky/Honkie, Hot Dog Eater,
Joe, Kabloonuk, Linthead, Maggot, Mayonnaise, Milky, Moon Cricket,
Mouse, Mullethead, PWT, Paleface, Pastyface, Peckerwood, Persuasion,
Pinewood, Po'bucker, Round-Eye, Saltine, Septic, Shagitz/Shiksa,
Shit-Kicker, Stump/Tree Jumper, White Trash, Umlungu, Whitey,
Wonder Bread, Yang-gui-zi, Corn-bread fed, red-neck yankee ...

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/18.gif[/img]

Archived