Newbie introduction, plus I need info

BengalFan'sChick

Hi to everyone taking the time to read this! As requested during registration, I read the prophecy (VERY well done!). And in the hopes of getting off on the right foot, I would like to offer BEOTCH a beer.

Here's a bit about me. At the end are a few questions that I'm hoping you guys can answer.

I grew up in west-central Ohio in a "split family" - one parent a Bengals fan, the other a Browns fan. :blink: I steered clear of THAT mess on game days! I currently live in Columbus with my fiance and our clownish little bulldog, Boomer. (the name was my guy's pick... can you tell he's a fan?) I enjoy watching baseball and football, but am your typical "chick" fan. I don't follow team stats, I don't fully comprehend all the rules of the game, and I usually don't stay current on sports news (unless I'm in the car with my guy and he wants to tune into 1460-The Fan).

When it comes to sports and my guy (whom I consider to be a Bengals "fan"atic), I do my best to NOT be irritating and try to make him happy:
I make myself scarce when he's watching a game. I don't get all bent out of shape because his buddies always want to hang at our house to watch with him on the big screen, and I break up their "No, it's YOUR turn to make the beer run" arguments with an offer to go get it for them. I don't ask him dumb questions about plays if we happen to watch a game together (that REALLY bugs the hell out of him). I've surprised him with tickets for AWESOME seats to watch the Reds play, and have been the "taxi service" for him - and his buddies - to campus for OSU home games. Etc., etc., you're getting the picture... The reason for all this? What goes around, comes around. He tolerates a lot of my girly tendencies, and these are little things I can do to repay him.

So, here's the reason I'm posting on your message board:
His 30th birthday is next Friday. We usually just go out for a really nice dinner on each other's birthdays, but I decided that this is a big birthday and he needs a cool gift. We heard a Bengals radio spot the other day in the car, and he suddenly became absolutely giddy with excitement that THE SEASON is almost here. So I searched high and low over the weekend and finally scored tix to the Bengals vs. Patriots game this Friday - section 111, row 5. I also reserved a room at the Westin so we won't be dragging ass all the way back to Columbus late that night after the game. This is all a secret - I'm hoping to spring it on him Friday morning, but am not sure if I'll be able to contain myself...

What I need to know is - how hard is it to get autographs on a game day? I'm hoping we'll be able to get at least one for his "Who Dey" tshirt (already swiped it from his closet and hid it in the overnight bag). I know we'll be right behind their benches, but will any of the players come over? Is it bad form to ask for an autograph before the game?

Thanks for having such a great forum, and for any info you can send my way!

Guest BlackJesus
[i][b]Welcome to the board.

As for your autographs I would recommend [u]you[/u] trying to get it signed, players usually are more apt to sign for women than men. Also if you show some shoulder or (cleavage) it might increase your chances. Your best bet is during the game most likely, but like mid 4th quarter, when all the starters are on the sideline watching the scrubs. Last year when I was at a Pre season game the players usually would go towards the wall and sign during that time time in the game. Also if you can get near the exit tunnel after the game is over and the players clear out there are always some players that are late leaving the field or talking to the news stations. As they then leave the field, if you are by the exit tunnel you have a great shot to get an autograph... but you can't be vocally shy about it, and need to stand out or yell.

--> Glad you liked the prophecy[/b][/i]

Guest steggyD
My wife has never gone to get beer for me. She won't even pick up some beer for me while she is out at the grocery store. That's it, I'm packing my bags...

Guest bengalrick

welcome... stick around here and you will learn plenty about football... if you have any questions, just ask and one of us will be happy to answer them... we all realize your a novice, so don't be shy to ask what you may think is a stupid question... there is a lot of football knowledge between all of us so you can really surprise your man when you tell him about how we should switch to the 3-4 defense or play more cover 2... i know if my wife hit me w/ a comment like that, i'd be estatic :)

like i said, welcome and stick around... its about to get real fun around here :D

:thumbsup:

:bowdown:
You guys are awesome - thanks for the warm welcome and the autograph tips.

Sorry Jaime - no sisters. In fact, I was one of 3 girls in my HUGE extended family while growing up. I quickly learned to fend for myself against the vast number of boy cousins, and they tolerated my presence within their group at our numerous family gatherings. They taught me how to shoot guns and slingshots, play rough without "crying like a baby", ride a dirt bike, fish, catch frogs, the importance of not being a snitch, and why big trucks and fast cars are worthy of being worshipped. I had a lot of fun growing up with them!

I'll be sure to pack the *perfect* weapon for getting the players' attention on Friday. I just happen [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img] to own a orange tank top, and the way it fits would have my mother giving me the evil eye. Combine that with a nice tan and blonde hair, and I think we'll have a winner. Sorry guys, but you're quite predictable when female cleavage is in the vicinity and begging to be noticed... Time to bring the girls out to play :thumbsup:

I'll post any good pix I get during the game in a new thread on this board once we're back home. Thanks again for all of your help!

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='BengalFan'sChick' date='Aug 9 2005, 10:11 AM'] :bowdown:

Sorry Jaime - no sisters.  In fact, I was one of 3 girls in my HUGE extended family while growing up.  I quickly learned to fend for myself against the vast number of boy cousins, and they tolerated my presence within their group at our numerous family gatherings.  They taught me how to shoot guns and slingshots, play rough without "crying like a baby", ride a dirt bike, fish, catch frogs, the importance of not being a snitch, and why big trucks and fast cars are worthy of being worshipped.  I had a lot of fun growing up with them!

[b]I'll be sure to pack the *perfect* weapon for getting the players' attention on Friday.  I just happen  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img]   to own a orange tank top, and the way it fits would have my mother giving me the evil eye.[/b]  Combine that with a nice tan and blonde hair, and I think we'll have a winner.  Sorry guys, but you're quite predictable when female cleavage is in the vicinity and begging to be noticed...  Time to bring the girls out to play  :thumbsup:

I'll post any good pix I get during the game in a new thread on this board once we're back home.  Thanks again for all of your help!
[right][post="127343"][/post][/right][/quote]

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 9 2005, 09:13 AM'] :wub:   :wub:   :wub:
[right][post="127345"][/post][/right][/quote]

:onoudidnt:

You`re a newlywed. :pointlaff:

Now me on the other hand... :tongue:

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Aug 9 2005, 12:39 PM'] :onoudidnt:
You`re a newlywed.  :pointlaff:  
Now me on the other hand... :tongue:
[right][post="127406"][/post][/right][/quote]

the beauty of the internet... we can only look if they let you, and you definatly cna't touch :D

but yeah, i'll have to yield to you on this one oldschooler... i just have a things for little blonds in tight clothes :wub:

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 9 2005, 12:35 PM']the beauty of the internet... we can only look if they let you, and you definatly cna't touch :D

but yeah, i'll have to yield to you on this one oldschooler... i just have a things for little blonds in tight clothes :wub:
[right][post="127449"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah me too....but I prefer their tight clothes
on the floor. :wub:

[quote name='BengalFan'sChick' date='Aug 9 2005, 11:11 AM'] :bowdown:

Sorry Jaime - no sisters.  In fact, I was one of 3 girls in my HUGE extended family while growing up.  I quickly learned to fend for myself against the vast number of boy cousins, and they tolerated my presence within their group at our numerous family gatherings.  They taught me how to shoot guns and slingshots, play rough without "crying like a baby", ride a dirt bike, fish, catch frogs, the importance of not being a snitch, and why big trucks and fast cars are worthy of being worshipped.  I had a lot of fun growing up with them!

I'll be sure to pack the *perfect* weapon for getting the players' attention on Friday.  I just happen  [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//angel.gif[/img]   to own a orange [b]tank topand the way it fits would have my mother giving me the evil eye.,  Combine that with a nice tan and blonde hair, and I think we'll have a winner.[/b]  Sorry guys, but you're quite predictable when female cleavage is in the vicinity and begging to be noticed...  Time to bring the girls out to play  :thumbsup:

I'll post any good pix I get during the game in a new thread on this board once we're back home.  Thanks again for all of your help!
[right][post="127343"][/post][/right][/quote]

:685: :685: :685: :685: :685:

Sorry did you say something? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]

[quote name='BengalFan'sChick' date='Aug 9 2005, 04:22 PM'] :onoudidnt:

Like I said... you guys are sooooooo predictable!  :rolleyes:     :D
[right][post="127548"][/post][/right][/quote]

Come now, there are things that you women give pretty predictable responses to as well.

[quote name='BengalFan'sChick' date='Aug 9 2005, 05:17 PM']No doubt about it!  B)

It's quite possible that predictability is the very reason men & women are able to communicate without totally pissing one another off!
[right][post="127570"][/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Too true.

For instance I like to keep this one in my AIM away message from time to time....

"When paying for drinks with a 100 dollar bill, the hot blonde next to you doesnt start talking to you because you have nice eyes....... though I have been told I have nice eyes."

True story.

Archived