is pittsburgh that good?

ickeyshuffler

the steelers first team dominated the eagles. are they that good, or do the eagles just plain suck.

I think the eagles are in trouble this year they have lost the top 3 receivers from last year. Mcnabb is good, but with no one to throw to they might as well have boller for a qb

The Steelers were playing that game like it was a play-off game. They wanted to have a strong showing at home since the last time they played there, they sucked ass. Stupid Steelers. Let's have our 1st string players (who are probably still a little tight from the off-season) go all out in a pre-season game and risk injuries in a game that means nothing. The Eagles had a couple dumb plays to start the game.The Eagles will be fine if and when they resolve the TO problem. They might not be back to the Super Bowl, but they'll be up there.

Guest oldschooler
[quote]is pittsburgh that good?, or does phily just suck[/quote]

Neither.
If you remember...we pounded the Patriots last year
in the PRE SEASON...how`d that work out for us ?
How`d the Pats end up doing ?

Don`t try to read to much into Pre Season games.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Aug 16 2005, 08:25 AM']Neither.
If you remember...we pounded the Patriots last year
in the PRE SEASON...how`d that work out for us ?
How`d the Pats end up doing ?

Don`t try to read to much into Pre Season games.
[right][post="131646"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
What Old said.

It's preseason. What was funny is that Pittsburg scored it's first 14 points without the offense taking the field and scored there first 21 points with either special teams or defense.

As usual Ben looked shaky and was at his best when he was handing the ball off. He almost through two interceptions. Bryan Dawkins should have definitely picked one of those off. However, you can't really blame him ...... it is hard to catch a ball thrown by Ben.

Guest bengalrick

i'd say its only preseason, but the problem w/ that is they did go 15-1 last year, and looked pretty good last night.. you guys know me... i hate the squeelers, but they are better than i thought they'd be on their first showing... its not like they were playing against the 9ers defense or something... i have been thinking that deuce will be hurt (which he will) and bettis can't carry the ball like he did last year... but their third string guy seems like he could step in and still get them some key yards...

i'm just trying to keep it real... we are going to have to beat the squeelers our selves... we can't depend on them beating theirselves imo..

<btw> i really do hate this post... and hate what i'm saying... but what can i do... their performance overrid my homerism :(

I dunno why you guys think they looked so good? Did you watch the same game?

They got a lucky interception returned for a TD off the bat, and then two special teams returns against a weak Philly special teams.

The Steelers first string offense looked weak, and after the first pick, their first string defense let up a lot of yards against a Philly offense that was committing a lot of penalities and hurting itself.

Big Ben threw two easy picks and the Eagles dropped both of them. To me it looked like a lucky start that covered up for a very mediocore/poor preformance by the Steelers.

-Seems to me a lot of people just watched the highlights shown by ESPN. <_<

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Aug 16 2005, 01:10 PM']-Seems to me a lot of people just watched the highlights shown by ESPN.  <_<
[right][post="131810"][/post][/right][/quote]

i acctually watch the first half twice, I think the steelers were just better prepared.

Guest bengalrick
i only got to listen to the first half on sirius radio... i watched the second half... my comments are based on my prepercieved thoughts on the steelers... they can't rely on ben to pass, and their run game was injury prone and i thought they would be hurt if they depended on bettis like last year... their third stringer (can't remember name) showed me he is a quality back too, so it scared me a bit... thats all...

their defense and special teams are sound too...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Aug 16 2005, 02:19 PM']i only got to listen to the first half on sirius radio... i watched the second half... my comments are based on my prepercieved thoughts on the steelers... they can't rely on ben to pass, and their run game was injury prone and i thought they would be hurt if they depended on bettis like last year... their third stringer (can't remember name) showed me he is a quality back too, so it scared me a bit... thats all...

their defense and special teams are sound too...
[right][post="131858"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

There 3rd string back was also running against the eagles 3rd team defense...... I'd say he will be a decent change of pace back for them, nothing more.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Ben' date='Aug 16 2005, 02:20 PM']There 3rd string back was also running against the eagles 3rd team defense......  I'd say he will be a decent change of pace back for them, nothing more.
[right][post="131863"][/post][/right][/quote]

good point...

trust me, it wouldn't be hard for me to change my views of the steelers :)

Archived