Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montana Bengal

Router Suggestions

I'm thinking that I may need to upgrade our wireless router.  Currently I'm running a Asus RT-N66U w/ Asuswrt-merlin on it.

We are moving to a bigger home and may need to upgrade.

Thoughts?

my asus 68u is tits.. house isnt huge maybe 2500 sq ft, get full bars and fast seeds in every inch, router is in basement under stairs closed off..

https://www.amazon.com/RT-AC68U-Wireless-AC1900-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00FB45SI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471223955&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+68u

Never used Asus routers. I personally prefer Netgear products. 

16 hours ago, GoBengals said:

my asus 68u is tits.. house isnt huge maybe 2500 sq ft, get full bars and fast seeds in every inch, router is in basement under stairs closed off..

https://www.amazon.com/RT-AC68U-Wireless-AC1900-Dual-Band-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00FB45SI4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471223955&sr=8-1&keywords=asus+68u

I think I might be going with something like this.  My sense is that our house will be like your's (router under the stairs...but no basement).

13 minutes ago, Montana Bengal said:

I think I might be going with something like this.  My sense is that our house will be like your's (router under the stairs...but no basement).

should be plenty powerful then, one of my best technology purchases, recommended by elflocko.

39 minutes ago, Lucid said:

Never used Asus routers. I personally prefer Netgear products. 

I thought the same thing originally (Asus? Really?). Has turned out to be the best router I've ever owned. Every member of the sysadmin team at work uses them now as well. 

I have an Asus whatever whatever something16 and I have it running easytomato.  it's easy and I like tomatoes, if you know what I mean.

8 hours ago, CincyInDC said:

I have an Asus whatever whatever something16 and I have it running easytomato.  it's easy and I like tomatoes, if you know what I mean.

Any reason you like tomatoes best?

I will have to give Asus a look next time I am in the market. I like a them as a company in general (not including their desktops/laptops/pads). Their individual components tend to be top notch. My Netgear products have always been very capable and stable as well as price competitive. Elf's suggestion comes with high regard.