Analysis: Who is to blame for Cincinnati Bengals' 1-3 start?

On 10/3/2023 at 8:24 AM, High School Harry said:

No, no, no... did not take it that way at all.

Lots of thoughts but stepping away for awhile.  Most of them disjointed.

Like... what would the Cincinnati Bengals have been if Greg Cook had not been injured

and I don't want to be saying somewhere down the line "What would the Cincinnati Bengals 

have been if Joe Burrow had not gotten injured (worse)?"

Err on the side of caution.  Sit him down to rest the leg for two weeks counting the bye.

What's the worse that can happen with Browning or the lurking McCarron in there.

We lose?  The Joe Bengals did not score a touchdown last week and Joe even lost a fumble.

I would much rather see a healthy Joe come out of the bye and try to salvage something out

of this dumpster fire season.

2 weeks may not be enough but it's a starter.

I along with Gary would prefer

Jake "The Snake" Browning at the helm for awhile..

I assume we're all feeling better after what we saw yesterday, but even "if" Joe and the team are "back", the schedule isn't going to cut them many breaks. As always, some of it will have to do with who is injured on either side as well as "when" they catch particular teams, such as following a "wake up call" loss or an emotionally or physically taxing game. So, it's hard to predict this far out. But it will likely take 10-7 (8-4 the rest of the way) to get in. If we assume losses at San Francisco and at Taylor Swift's Place, that leaves 8-2 for the rest, which is a narrow margin of error.

SEATTLE (3-1)

@ San Francisco (5-0)

BUFFALO (3-2)

HOUSTON (2-3)

@ Baltimore (3-2)

PITTSBURGH (3-2)

@ Jacksonville (3-2)

INDIANAPOLIS (3-2)

MINNESOTA (1-4)

@ Pittsburgh (3-2)

@ Taylor Swifts (4-1)

CLEVELAND (2-2)

Just now, Bleeds Orange said:

I assume we're all feeling better after what we saw yesterday, but even "if" Joe and the team are "back", the schedule isn't going to cut them many breaks. As always, some of it will have to do with "when" they catch particular teams, such as following a "wake up call" loss or an emotionally or physically taxing game. So, it's hard to predict this far out. But it will likely take 10-7 (8-4 the rest of the way) to get in. If we assume losses at San Francisco and at Taylor Swift's Place, that leaves 8-2 for the rest, which is a narrow margin of error.

SEATTLE (3-1)

@ San Francisco (5-0)

BUFFALO (3-2)

HOUSTON (2-3)

@ Baltimore (3-2)

PITTSBURGH (3-2)

@ Jacksonville (3-2)

INDIANAPOLIS (3-2)

MINNESOTA (1-4)

@ Pittsburgh (3-2)

@ Taylor Swifts (4-1)

CLEVELAND (2-2)

I remember after we got embarrassed by the Browns in that Halloween game last season, nobody thought this team would go on to not lose in a single game in November and December because that schedule looked like a murderers row, but we did it.

Let's see (hope) this play out the same. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Bleeds Orange said:

I assume we're all feeling better after what we saw yesterday, but even "if" Joe and the team are "back", the schedule isn't going to cut them many breaks. As always, some of it will have to do with who is injured on either side as well as "when" they catch particular teams, such as following a "wake up call" loss or an emotionally or physically taxing game. So, it's hard to predict this far out. But it will likely take 10-7 (8-4 the rest of the way) to get in. If we assume losses at San Francisco and at Taylor Swift's Place, that leaves 8-2 for the rest, which is a narrow margin of error.

SEATTLE (3-1)

@ San Francisco (5-0)

BUFFALO (3-2)

HOUSTON (2-3)

@ Baltimore (3-2)

PITTSBURGH (3-2)

@ Jacksonville (3-2)

INDIANAPOLIS (3-2)

MINNESOTA (1-4)

@ Pittsburgh (3-2)

@ Taylor Swifts (4-1)

CLEVELAND (2-2)

That doesn't seem that bad as far as odds of making the postseason. Getting the much better shot at another SB that comes with a top seed will be a lot tougher. 

• Upvote 1