Footage from Donahue - O'reilly

Ben

[url="http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/21.html#a5055"]http://www.crooksandliars.com/2005/09/21.html#a5055[/url]

I dont neccessarily agree w/ Phil's stances.. But I loved to see O'Reilly get a taste of his own medicine and get called out.

I think he really got pissed when Donanhue started calling him "Billy"

Best part:
[i]Phil: I'm not Jeremy Glick, Billy...You can't intimidate me...[/i]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote][b]O'Reilly:[/b] [i]"And for Ms Sheehan to say that the insurgents have the right to kill Americans"[/i][/quote]

[color="blue"][b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] Umm dumbass Billy - Aren't we saying that American troops have the right to kill insurgents [/b][/color]

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Sep 22 2005, 02:10 PM'][color="blue"][b] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img] Umm dumbass Billy - Aren't we saying that American troops have the right to kill insurgents [/b][/color]
[right][post="155114"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Yes we are.

Just like we say it`s ok for cops to kill criminals how threaten
law abiding citzens. But it`s not ok for criminals to kill cops.

Makes sense when you actually think about it huh ?

i saw it and it looked like phil was about 5 seconds away from an ass whooping.

Dont think he expected the response he got from bill when he said you wont send your family over there. Then all of a sudden he changed it from your family to your kid.

Here is a perfect example of the fundamental problem with the democratic party...he said something bold, he was wrong and didnt know what he was talking about so he decided to attack the person instead of the issue.

Guest oldschooler

I saw it when it happened.
They showed it again last night.

I`m sure each side takes whatever away from it.

The thing that got me is the Left always says:
"Would you send your family members there?" :blink:

Can someone please name one person that is in Iraq that
was sent there by a family member ? :whistle:

It is a voluntary military. Every person there chose
to join the military. There is no draft...there isn`t a "selection"
proccess. So the answer from anyone should be "NO I
wouldn`t send my family member there...But I would support
their decision to join and fight for their Country."

It`s really that simple.

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Sep 23 2005, 07:53 AM']I saw it when it happened.
They showed it again last night.

I`m sure each side takes whatever away from it.

The thing that got me is the Left always says:
"Would you send your family members there?"  :blink:

Can someone please name one person that is in Iraq that
was sent there by a family member ?  :whistle:

It is a voluntary military. Every person there chose
It`s really that simple.
[right][post="155499"][/post][/right][/quote]
I was thinking the same thing while watching it.
I wished that Donohue and O'Reilly would have duked it out, though... :lol:

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Sep 23 2005, 09:53 AM']It is a voluntary military. Every person there chose
It`s really that simple.
[right][post="155499"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

And then there's the idiots who join up for the benefits and start crying when they actually have to go to war, which is part of what they signed up for. They took an oath just like I did and Cindy sheehan's son did. So when they bitch about going, they're saying that their word means shit. Unless they took a different oath than I did that said:

"I swear to complete basic training and get trained in a career field and get paid to go to college while drawing a paycheck and getting free room and board, medical care and other benefits, that civilians have to pay for, for me and my dependents. As long as I don't have to do anything dangerous."

[quote name='whodey319' date='Sep 23 2005, 08:43 AM']i saw it and it looked like phil was about 5 seconds away from an ass whooping.

Dont think he expected the response he got from bill when he said you wont send your family over there.  Then all of a sudden he changed it from your family to your kid. 

Here is a perfect example of the fundamental problem with the democratic party...he said something bold, he was wrong and didnt know what he was talking about so he decided to attack the person instead of the issue.
[right][post="155493"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Actually phil said, "Would you send your kids over there bill?"

I just love this video so much because O'Rielly got O'Rielly'd

"Talking louder doesnt make it true billy" ha...

[quote name='Hooky' date='Sep 23 2005, 10:17 AM']And then there's the idiots who join up for the benefits and start crying when they actually have to go to war, which is part of what they signed up for.  They took an oath just like I did and Cindy sheehan's son did.  So when they bitch about going, they're saying that their word means shit.  Unless they took a different oath than I did that said:

[b]"I swear to complete basic training and get trained in a career field and get paid to go to college while drawing a paycheck and getting free room and board, medical care and other benefits, that civilians have to pay for, for me and my dependents.  As long as I don't have to do anything dangerous."[/b][right][post="155511"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Not to mention the welfare checks and food stamps some have to collect in the lower ranks, or the great way the vets get treated when they retire, and those medical benifts are not what they used to be.

Dont get me wrong I have high admration for the military and the people who served in it, but lets not pait the pic to be all rosey.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Sep 23 2005, 10:34 AM']Not to mention the welfare checks and food stamps some have to collect in the lower ranks, or the great way the vets get treated when they retire, and those medical benifts are not what they used to be.

Dont get me wrong I have high admration for the military and the people who served in it, but lets not pait the pic to be all rosey.
[right][post="155551"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

If your single it doesnt seem like to bad of a gig(if you stay stateside). When i was out at wpafb most of the single airmen that had trouble paying bills, also had a brand new bmw/mercedes/firebird/lexus/etc...

That's true. It is harder on enlisted families. My point wasn't to talk about how great the military is. I meant that a lot of them just go in for tuition assistance and could care less about serving their country. Like the lawsuit one of the Desert Storm soldiers' parents tried. They claimed that there son didn't join to fight. He joined so he could go to college. Idiots.

[quote name='Hooky' date='Sep 23 2005, 10:44 AM']That's true.  It is harder on enlisted families.  My point wasn't to talk about how great the military is.  I meant that a lot of them just go in for tuition assistance and could care less about serving their country.  Like the lawsuit one of the Desert Storm soldiers' parents tried.  They claimed that there son didn't join to fight.  He joined so he could go to college. Idiots.
[right][post="155560"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I almost joined up back in '99.... They ask you if you have a problem killing other people or being in combat. You then sign a form basically saying you will kill people if asked.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Sep 23 2005, 10:40 AM']Bingo.
[right][post="155556"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Once you get up in rank a bit though.. not to bad. Especially if you retire, then get a job in the private sector. Double Dip for the win.

[quote name='Ben' date='Sep 23 2005, 11:46 AM']Once you get up in rank a bit though.. not to bad.  Especially if you retire, then get a job in the private sector.  Double Dip for the win.
[right][post="155562"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Correct me if Im wrong but dont you have to put in 20 years before you can retire and double dip like that? Anyone who retires before that doesnt get nearly the benifits that the 20 year guys do.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='Sep 23 2005, 10:49 AM']Correct me if Im wrong but dont you have to put in 20 years before you can retire and double dip like that? Anyone who retires before that doesnt get nearly the benifits that the 20 year guys do.
[right][post="155565"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Correct... I'm just saying.. Know lots of people(and work w/ some) that did it.

Its just like any job i guess.. you work shit hours/shit jobs/shit pay until you can prove you deserve a better job.

Not saying it doesnt suck if your an airmen w/ a family...yikes.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='Ben' date='Sep 23 2005, 10:27 AM']Actually phil said, "Would you send your kids over there bill?"

I just love this video so much because O'Rielly got O'Rielly'd

"Talking louder doesnt make it true billy" ha...
[right][post="155546"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Phil Donahue couldn't win a debate with a 5 year old.

That smug motherfucker with his holier than thou smirks bases his whole argument on the fact that soldiers get wounded and killed. No shit Phil !!! That has happened to soldiers as long as people have existed. If he had been around at any point in history during any war or conflict, he'd still be one of those emotion driven pussies hiding in the background bitching about how evil the brave men who were making sacrifices for what they believed in were, while he enjoyed the protections those same men gave him.

Reasonable people disagree on the merits of this war, but Phil Donahue isn't one of them. If he caught you raping his wife he'd probably give you $1000 and find you a job because he'd be convinced society made you do it.

I don't understand why this waste of human flesh ever gets any air time. He's Mr. Irrelevant.

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Sep 24 2005, 04:20 AM']Phil Donahue couldn't win a debate with a 5 year old.

That smug motherfucker with his holier than thou smirks bases his whole argument on the fact that soldiers get wounded and killed. No shit Phil !!! That has happened to soldiers as long as people have existed. If he had been around at any point in history during any war or conflict, he'd still be one of those emotion driven pussies hiding in the background bitching about how evil the brave men who were making sacrifices for what they believed in were, while he enjoyed the protections those same men gave him.

Reasonable people disagree on the merits of this war, but Phil Donahue isn't one of them. If he caught you raping his wife he'd probably give you $1000 and find you a job because he'd be convinced society made you do it.

I don't understand why this waste of human flesh ever gets any air time. He's Mr. Irrelevant.
[right][post="155901"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
I feel the same way about O'Rielly.. and if you disagree w/ me SHUT UP!!!!
Phil Donahue = Donkey O'Reilly
/i hope you get the reference and dont take it personal

[quote name='Ben' date='Sep 23 2005, 11:50 AM']
Correct... I'm just saying.. Know lots of people(and work w/ some) that did it.
[i]I have been on active duty for 21 years and contemplating retirement in May 06 with 22 years served pending a civilian job vacany I applied for. Double dip.[/i]

Its just like any job i guess.. you work shit hours/shit jobs/shit pay until you can prove you deserve a better job.
[i]Promotion policies are different for each branch of the services; all are quota driven but in the Navy it's rate specific coining the phrase "choose your rate, choose yor fate" ( e.g. I was recently ranked #1 out of 12 where I am stationed (work), however # 12 may be selected for promotion next year where I am not due to the availability of quota's for their rate.) One thing I would like to add, every year Congress approves a pay raise (3.5% this year, I believe it was) and ever even year of service (2,4,6 etc..) you get a pay raise deserving or not.[/i]

Not saying it doesnt suck if your an airmen w/ a family...yikes.
[right][post="155567"][/post][/right]
[i]One of the things that the military has done over the years is pay attention to the demographics of the people serving recognizing that people are coming in married or marrying afterwards. Unlike when I first came in their are programs in place to address this issue. College Tuition Assistance, we now have a 401k program you can contribute towards, the Servicemen Group life Insuarance has been increased fro $250K to $400K etc..
But, what I want to emphasize is the compensatory package of free medical/dental, Basic Allowance for Housing (depending where you are stationed; non-taxable), along with the previous mention above. Example: Your an Airman and your annual base pay is around $22K a year. With the compensation package you are actually making around $40k a year. Now where else is a kid with/without a High School Diploma (harder now to get in with out one) is going to find this kind of gig?[/i]
I have only touched on some basics, but I hope it helps :)

Hey, the military is great, even for lower ranked people with families. Even though you're not getting enough pay to take vacations in the Bahamas, everything is taken care of, especially if you are in base housing. There are no utility bills in base housing. They pay you enough to buy food and afford at least payments and insurance on one vehicle. That is plenty enough to survive. Get out in the real world and then try to pay the bills, it gets tough. Trust me, I've been through this all. I was never exactly "happy" with the money I was making in the military, but I at least I knew I would be eating every day.

I think maybe I've been misunderstood here. There are plenty of great things about the military however to say its all rosy is just plain not true. When I was working at Walter Reed and the Army first moved from Champus to Tricare, all I heard about was how bad it was compared to Champus and that it wasn't going to be 100% free, that there would be money taken out of the paycheck just like if you worked in the corporate world. Like I said the health benefits aren't as good as when my father served.

Also when my parents were in they were big members of N.C.O.A (Non Commissioned Officers Association), my mother was even the Auxiliary President, until my father got his commission and they were pressured to not be as active as they once were (they couldn't ask them to get out, they were lifetime members). I had heard stories that NCO's in the lower ranks with more than one kid would sometimes have to use food stamps in places where they HAD to stay off base because housing either wasn't available or there wasn't base housing period.

As far as the Veterans go, their have increased, Ill give you that. Even if the Dems keep saying there have been cuts (check [url="http://www.factcheck.org/article144.html"]factcheck.org[/url]).

And the pay, My father does the same exact job he had when he was in just a little over 10 years ago, he did 21 years as well, and now is a goverment worker making much more money than he was as a solider, [b]doing the same job[/b]. Now you could say he doesnt have the same benifits he did when he was in, but thats not true (as he put 20+ years in he gets to keep his benifits) but even still, as I said you pay a percentage into Tricare.

There ARE alot of good things about the military, but there are things that need improving as well.

Archived