Thats how much time the Bengals had before the end of the first half. The Bengals ran out of time and was forced to kick a FG. Bengals ran 40 seconds off the clock before calling a TO after the 2 minute warning. Bengals finally decided to go hurry up with like 50 seconds left Its the same shit every game. Theres a reason why all our games come down to a kicker. Marvin is afraid to put teams away.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, jhowdy54 said:

Thats how much time the Bengals had before the end of the first half. The Bengals ran out of time and was forced to kick a FG. Bengals ran 40 seconds off the clock before calling a TO after the 2 minute warning. Bengals finally decided to go hurry up with like 50 seconds left Its the same shit every game. Theres a reason why all our games come down to a kicker. Marvin is afraid to put teams away.

Good observation and catch.

Did you or anyone happen to see how much time was left in the game when Fat Randy flubbed the field goal?  I thought it was 22 seconds and someone else said 6 seconds.  I'm wondering if I was looking at the play clock rather than the game clock.  If it was the game clock, that's criminal time mismanagement.  The point is as far as Marv goes is the boy just don't learn.

15 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Good observation and catch.

Did you or anyone happen to see how much time was left in the game when Fat Randy flubbed the field goal?  I thought it was 22 seconds and someone else said 6 seconds.  I'm wondering if I was looking at the play clock rather than the game clock.  If it was the game clock, that's criminal time mismanagement.  The point is as far as Marv goes is the boy just don't learn.

When Burkhead hit the ground it was at 13 seconds IIRC, and they called a timeout when the clock said 5.  They may have put a second back on, I didn't notice.

On 12/25/2016 at 0:43 AM, jhowdy54 said:

You have to balance it though. The defense has been notorious over the last 6 or 7 years at giving up points in the final 2 minutes of halves to opposing teams. Marvin has to balance being aggressive vs also making sure he doesn't leave too much time on the clock. And this same issue existed when Zimmer was here so it can't just be blamed on Guenther which is what a lot of people like to do. Both units had 2 minute offense/defense issues.

Marvin has a clock management issue for sure, as do all but like 2 coaches in the NFL. Marvin's has consistently ended up biting us in the ass though but I also think it is a double edged sword. I bet the Ravens wished they would have run a little bit more clock last night prior to scoring and kicking off. They left too much time, their defense shit the bed and it cost them the division. They could have run the play-clock down on 4 or 5 more plays and left less than 30 seconds for Pitt and won the game.

Archived