How much does the Ravens on MNF help us?

How much will it help us on the game on Sun. With the game being on Mon night the Ravens will have one less day to rest injuries and also one less day to game plan against us. I am sure they did not get back till late Mon night\Tue. morning. Also the bengals were able to watch them live on Mon night against the Steelers and that might help us with game planning.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
If anything the biggest advantage would be the extra day of rest they missed out on because they played on MNF, besides that not too much. I don't recall any major injuries, so they will be ready to go after losing in the final minutes to one of the top teams in the NFL.

The Ravens played a good game on both sides of the ball, offensively they moved the ball despite an inaccurate qb and a rb who is yet to find his rythm. The Ravens o-line protected Wright all night and he drove the offense up and down the field. The defense did a relatively good job on Ben, they smacked him around pretty good. They couldn't hold them when it counted, but they did hold them to less yards and points then we did at home.

All in all this will be a similar game to the Steelers, tough and physical. We have to show up and prove that we won't be pushed around and that we are for real. This is a very important game because we have to keep pace and we can't lose to teams who we are better than. At 2-5 the Ravens are just about done, come Sunday they will be fighting for their season ,which started with a bunch of SuperBowl talk, we have to match their intensity and desire and not get push around.

[quote name='Jason' post='180161' date='Nov 1 2005, 04:43 PM']I doubt it will make much difference. Besides, if we can't beat the Ravens.....[/quote]
I don't want to say that because it is in their place. Granted, we came back an won their last year and they are with out Ray Lewis. But we need to stop the run against them. I don't want us to be the first team to let Jamal Lewis go off and have a big game. Put 8 in the box and shut him down. The good news is that the QB will either be Anthony Wring or Kyle Boller. :headbang:

Guest mongoloido
There might be a touch of something to having the short work week. However, I think there might be more to the notion of them being a bit emotionally and physically drained after playing such a tough, hard fought, close game against a division rival on the monday night spotlight (especially since that was almost the last nail in their season's coffin).

Maybe they can use this as a rallying point, but I suspect they'll be a little exhausted. If we drive on them once or twice early and score, I think this game is over.

I am not taking this game lightly....

-Pittsburgh kicked our asses in our house, B-more took them to the wire.
-Billick's job is in danger and he needs wins, they will be prepared and fired up
-The easiest way for Billick to look good is to win big games (ie..defeat the division leader)
-Jamal Lewis has owned us

That being said, I think we can win. But, we have to be offensively balanced. The O-Line will have to win their battles, and we cannot let Jamal get rolling.

This will be a HUGE test for us this weekend.

The Ravens Oline was outstanding,holding the pitts blitz play after play after play.Zero sacks.

Their D just looks bigger and faster than our D....especially the front seven.

I dont know if they will play as good as they did last night but they looked tough and physical all night.

I take it the lack of Ravens fans populating this board and talking shit so far this week has something to do with their record... :pointlaff:
Seriously, they stepped up against Pittsburgh and played them tougher than we did. However, they have many desperation situations affecting them, they got a pep-talk from their owner in the locker room prior to the game (which is probably unusual for an owner to do)...they responded well.
But ahh, fuck 'em. I think we are going to see some adjustments on both sides of the ball in terms of schemes and playcalling these coming weeks.
Don't think for a minute that Marvin wasn't watching the way the Ravens schemed Pitt.
I think that we will improve as a team starting with the Ravens. Just a feeling...

if the ravens only score 19 points, we will destroy them...

the ravens fans are the most egotistical i have ever met or encountered, i mean getting a new franchise and winning a superbowl within a few years and stay atop the division much of the last 10 years, why wouldnt they be? we owned them in thier own stadium last year, the non stop off field issues have hurt thier reputation/respect from the media, now thier offense is missing a few peices of the puzzle, which they can no longer hide, and thier defense has its down moments more than before, yet still solid., . all remaining division games are VITAL to winning the division, if we win and pitt wins, they play the browns at home on our bye week, and they takeover the top spot of the division, we have a 1-1 soon to be 2-1 division record, and they will have a 2-0 to be 3-0,. so with tied w/l categories, they take the top spot, which makes two games HUGE for both of us, when we each play the colts, and when we play eachother, if we both lose to the colts, and we beat them @ pitt, we are tied again and go to the 3rd tie breaker..which is w/l percentage against common foes, (titans, texans, jags, packers, colts, bears, vikings, lions) we both lost to the jags, and both should beat everyone but the colts, making that colts game HUGE again, say we both lose to the colts and beat the others, we both sit 13-3, and onto the next tie breaker. conference record, afc teams record.. they lost to the pats, and the jags, we lost to the jags...and the division is OURS!

bitches..

ps: gotta beat pitt at pitt.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='Jason' post='180161' date='Nov 1 2005, 05:43 PM']I doubt it will make much difference. Besides, if we can't beat the Ravens.....[/quote]
If we cant beat the Ravens??? In Baltimore??
You make it sound like its going to be a cakewalk...
They played the Steelers closer than we did and that was in Pittsburgh!!
Their dismal offense actually scored more points than we did against them.
Their defense held them to fewer points than ours did and thats without Lewis and Reed.
I dont see this as an easy win at all.. throw out their record and just see it as a division game in
their stadium...
The Bengal offense hasnt been exactly lighting it up lately... 16 against a woeful Texan team.
13 against the Steelers... 21 agaisnt the Pack..

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='180167' date='Nov 1 2005, 05:01 PM']If anything the biggest advantage would be the extra day of rest they missed out on because they played on MNF, besides that not too much. I don't recall any major injuries, so they will be ready to go after losing in the final minutes to one of the top teams in the NFL.

The Ravens played a good game on both sides of the ball, offensively they moved the ball despite an inaccurate qb and a rb who is yet to find his rythm. The Ravens o-line protected Wright all night and he drove the offense up and down the field. The defense did a relatively good job on Ben, they smacked him around pretty good. They couldn't hold them when it counted, but they did hold them to less yards and points then we did at home.

All in all this will be a similar game to the Steelers, tough and physical. We have to show up and prove that we won't be pushed around and that we are for real. This is a very important game because we have to keep pace and we can't lose to teams who we are better than. At 2-5 the Ravens are just about done, come Sunday they will be fighting for their season ,which started with a bunch of SuperBowl talk, we have to match their intensity and desire and not get push around.[/quote]

Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail.

This time, you're the hammer.

Great post. I agree completely.

Guest mongoloido
[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='180225' date='Nov 1 2005, 08:22 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='180161' date='Nov 1 2005, 05:43 PM']
I doubt it will make much difference. Besides, if we can't beat the Ravens.....[/quote]
If we cant beat the Ravens??? In Baltimore??
You make it sound like its going to be a cakewalk...
They played the Steelers closer than we did and that was in Pittsburgh!!
Their dismal offense actually scored more points than we did against them.
Their defense held them to fewer points than ours did and thats without Lewis and Reed.
I dont see this as an easy win at all.. throw out their record and just see it as a division game in
their stadium...
The Bengal offense hasnt been exactly lighting it up lately... 16 against a woeful Texan team.
13 against the Steelers... 21 agaisnt the Pack..
[/quote]

Agreed. However, we have been held to fewer than 20 points only twice this season. The Ravens have yet to score 20 points this season. We're also averaging 25.5 points per game on the road. I'm confident we can beat these guys, but we sure have to show up to do it.

Guest Claptonrocks
Im not saying we shouldnt or wont win the game..
Im just not taking the Ravens lightly...
We're a 3 point favorite.... thats not exactly overwheming odds...

Archived