Kobe or Lebron

Guest Master Shake

???  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the better player right now?

• Kobe Bryant
    • Lebron James

Guest Master Shake
I know we don't get a lot of NBA discussion on here, but many in the media have been re-anointing Kobe the next Jordan after his 81 point game, and it seems that one game has swayed many to believe he's the best player in basketball. Lebron has improved seemingly every game he's played his first 2 1/2 years, and his stats are better than Kobe's in every category besides PPG, though some question his man-to-man defensive skills. Many also feel Lebron lacks the clutch instinct that Kobe has, but I think much of that can be attributed to experience. Kobe always had Shaq to go to in the 4th quarter, and never had the pressure on him that Lebron has until after he already had multiple rings.
I'd take Lebron...sure he may not be quite as good a shooter or defender yet, but he's an unselfish, overall player who will get his teammates involved on offense, and get on the boards when he needs to. Kobe's a wonder of a scorer, but that's not enough to make him a more effective player.

As of right now, I would say Kobe. Trust me I hate the Lakers so this is hard for me to admit. While Lebron has good shot to be the more rounded, better player overall in the future, currently Kobe takes the edge because of his killer instinct. When the game comes on the line, Kobe can make the shots and bury them, while currently Lebron just missed some foul shots that cost his team a game. I love Lebrons potential, he is and will be great, but right now Kobe is slightly better. Remember also, Kobe is a shooting guard. His job is to shoot, not to pass, so you really can't call him a ball hog. The guy gets the job done, and scored a freakish 81 points. Back with Phil Jackson in the triangle this guy is going to continue this crazy scoring trend, unfortunately.

whenever u score 81

you need to pass the ball more.

100 should never be broken...since the nba is stacked with players that could play anywhere in the world.

Lebron is a lot more well rounded then kobe..imo

[quote name='Bunghole' post='210425' date='Jan 29 2006, 04:09 PM']Shawn Bradley.[/quote]
:lmao: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] :lmao: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

well theres a write in ballot for shawn bradley. :lmao:

Lebron 3
Kobe 1
Shawn Bradley 1

[quote name='Bunghole' post='210496' date='Jan 29 2006, 07:21 PM'][quote name='dieselman44' post='210480' date='Jan 29 2006, 06:43 PM']
nba sucks. i hope it falls apart.[/quote]

I agree mostly. College hoops is where it's at. Especially if you're a Kentucky fan....
[/quote]

NBA = Not Basketball Anymore

[quote name='Jason' post='210518' date='Jan 29 2006, 07:48 PM'][quote name='Bunghole' post='210496' date='Jan 29 2006, 07:21 PM']
[quote name='dieselman44' post='210480' date='Jan 29 2006, 06:43 PM']
nba sucks. i hope it falls apart.[/quote]

I agree mostly. College hoops is where it's at. Especially if you're a Kentucky fan....
[/quote]

NBA = Not Basketball Anymore
[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] :thumbsup:

Guest Bengal_Smoov
Playing with Kobe has to be a nightmare, your in the NBA but you never get to shoot the ball. Dude is the second most selfish pro athlete around, TO beat him out by a nose. Every night Kobe takes like 40 shots a game, will his teammates/sidekicks/ballboys get him rebounds and pick their noses. The other 11 guys should jump Kobe's non-passing ass after a loss in which he takes the lion share of the shots, which could be any given night.

At least LeBron passes to his teammates and gets them involved in the game, even if they are not as good as he his. LeBron realizes that his playing a team sport and he can't do it alone.

Did anyone see the Lakers/Pistons game last night? Perfect example of why Kobe will never win another championship until he becomes a less selfish player. The Pistons let Kobe take all the shots and they won by 11, one man is not going to beat a good NBA team. Let us not forget that Kobe scored his 81 against the mighty playoff bound Toronto Raptors.

When the two played each other a few weeks ago Kobe busted LeBron's ass scoring 8 points in the final 90 seconds while LeBron was guarding him and LeBron missed the game tying shot. Since that game LeBron has been on a tear scoring big numbers but still getting his teammates involved. Once LeBron plays defense with the same skill as which he plays defense he will be the best player in the league, until then he is a Tracy McGrady type of player, a great player who seems to care more about individual success then team success.

Guest Master Shake

Kobe's a great player, and I don't really have a problem with his selfishness, when the only guys on his team that can make a jumpshot are Devean George and Brian Cook...he's just doing what he has to do. But it's his fault that he's in that situation, since he couldn't just swallow his pride and keep winning titles with Shaq. He is an unbelievable scorer, and I think has a shot to be a Bird/Magic-level player by the time he's finished. However, he will always suffer from having most of his career overlapped by 2 even better guards in Jordan and Lebron.

Lebron's CAREER averages (ppg/rpg/apg) are 26/7/7

Jordan: 30/6/5
Magic: 20/7/11
Bird: 24/10/6
Kobe: 23/5/4
Oscar: 26/8/10
Dr J: 22/7/4
Jerry West: 27/6/7
Wilkins: 25/7/3
Gervin: 26/5/3

Anyway, the point is, Lebron's career averages put him in the midst of this group AND HE'S ONLY 21. He has a great shot to be the greatest ever.

And all of you who don't like LBJ or the NBA are fucking haters :P

[quote name='Master Shake' post='211095' date='Jan 30 2006, 09:55 PM']Kobe's a great player, and I don't really have a problem with his selfishness, when the only guys on his team that can make a jumpshot are Devean George and Brian Cook...he's just doing what he has to do. But it's his fault that he's in that situation, since he couldn't just swallow his pride and keep winning titles with Shaq. He is an unbelievable scorer, and I think has a shot to be a Bird/Magic-level player by the time he's finished. However, he will always suffer from having most of his career overlapped by 2 even better guards in Jordan and Lebron.

Lebron's CAREER averages (ppg/rpg/apg) are 26/7/7

Jordan: 30/6/5
Magic: 20/7/11
Bird: 24/10/6
Kobe: 23/5/4
Oscar: 26/8/10
Dr J: 22/7/4
Jerry West: 27/6/7
Wilkins: 25/7/3
Gervin: 26/5/3

Anyway, the point is, Lebron's career averages put him in the midst of this group AND HE'S ONLY 21. He has a great shot to be the greatest ever.

[b]And all of you who don't like LBJ or the NBA are fucking haters[/b] :P [/quote]

I like LeBron. But if not liking the NBA means I'm a hater, then I don't want to be anything but a hater!

[quote name='JC' post='210422' date='Jan 29 2006, 04:01 PM']whenever u score 81

you need to pass the ball more.[/quote]

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='210878' date='Jan 30 2006, 05:11 PM']Playing with Kobe has to be a nightmare, your in the NBA but you never get to shoot the ball. Dude is the second most selfish pro athlete around, TO beat him out by a nose. Every night Kobe takes like 40 shots a game, will his teammates/sidekicks/ballboys get him rebounds and pick their noses. The other 11 guys should jump Kobe's non-passing ass after a loss in which he takes the lion share of the shots, which could be any given night.[/quote]

People need to remember that Kobe is a SHOOTING guard. It is not his job to pass. They run the triangle. He should be taking shots that he thinks he can make. The triangle is in place for that one player to score.

I hate Kobe and the team, but he is more talented right now, has very little talent around him at the moment, so he needs to take games over.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='211123' date='Jan 30 2006, 11:06 PM'][b]The triangle is in place for that one player to score. [/b][/quote]

the triangle is an offense designed to spread the ball around and find the best shot possible, therefore resulting in a balanced offensive attack. i see no passing from kobe, only shooting.

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='dieselman44' post='211152' date='Jan 31 2006, 12:35 AM'][quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='211123' date='Jan 30 2006, 11:06 PM']
[b]The triangle is in place for that one player to score. [/b][/quote]

the triangle is an offense designed to spread the ball around and find the best shot possible, therefore resulting in a balanced offensive attack. i see no passing from kobe, only shooting.
[/quote]

Excatly, that is the design of the triangle offense, it's like a series of pick and rolls were the guy with the ball has the option to pass, shoot, or drive to the basket. More times than not someone is open in the triangle offense because of the constant movement, but Kobe doesn't trust his teammates, Phil Jackson said so in his book.

Did anyone see "Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith" last night? His guest was none other than Mr. Bryant himself. Kobe opened up but you still feel like he was lying. He is a family man who is extremely dedicated to his craft, so you can't hate him for that.

Kobe is a great player but needs to get his teammates more involved, make them better, or he will never win a Championship again. I know he is a shooting guard but passing the ball is key to having an efficient offense in the NFL.

Guest Master Shake
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='211249' date='Jan 31 2006, 10:10 AM']Did anyone see "Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith" last night? His guest was none other than Mr. Bryant himself. Kobe opened up but you still feel like he was lying. [b]He is a family man [/b] who is extremely dedicated to his craft, so you can't hate him for that.[/quote]

except when he's BFing white girls

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Master Shake' post='211320' date='Jan 31 2006, 11:37 AM'][quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='211249' date='Jan 31 2006, 10:10 AM']
Did anyone see "Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith" last night? His guest was none other than Mr. Bryant himself. Kobe opened up but you still feel like he was lying. [b]He is a family man [/b] who is extremely dedicated to his craft, so you can't hate him for that.[/quote]

except when he's BFing white girls
[/quote]

That slut liked it, besides we have ALL sinned and fallen short of the glory of god.

Why just the other day I was staying at a Holiday Inn Express and I needed someone to turn down my sheets. I phoned the front desk and asked if they could send someone up. 5 minutes later a nice red head named Veronica shows up with this sly grin on her face, he was interested in more than just the sheets. She recognized me from the pictures I posted on go-bengals.com forum, she said "Hey aren't you Bengal_Smoov, I just love your insight on the Bengals, will fuck me in the ass?" What is a man to do in situation like this??? Does this make me less of family man????

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='211449' date='Jan 31 2006, 02:24 PM']That slut liked it, besides we have ALL sinned and fallen short of the glory of god.

Why just the other day I was staying at a Holiday Inn Express and I needed someone to turn down my sheets. I phoned the front desk and asked if they could send someone up. 5 minutes later a nice red head named Veronica shows up with this sly grin on her face, he was interested in more than just the sheets. She recognized me from the pictures I posted on go-bengals.com forum, she said "Hey aren't you Bengal_Smoov, I just love your insight on the Bengals, will fuck me in the ass?" What is a man to do in situation like this??? Does this make me less of family man????[/quote]

One of the funniest posts ever.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Archived