Worldwide Protests Over Muhammad Cartoon Drawings

Guest BlackJesus

Muhammad Cartoons ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should Denmark ban the cartoons to stop the backlash ?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should Western Governments be sensitive of the fact that Muslims ban all depictions of the "prophet" ?

• Yes
    • Fuck that , I'll draw him taking a poop on their heads
  3. 3. Should the US press - print the cartoons for readers to judge ?

• Yes
    • No

[img]http://www.zombietime.com/mohammed_image_archive/ZUBDAT2.JPG[/img]

The photo is an illustration in regards to the supposed ascension of the prophet Muhhamad.

In 632, Muhammad delivers his last sermon, later falls ill, and dies in the presence of [u]his favorite wife[/u], Aisha, and her father, Abu-Bakr. He was buried in Medina in his own house. [u]His father in law[/u], [color="#000066"]Abu-Bakr, becomes Caliph, the religious leader of Islam.[/color]

I think this has something to do with the split in the Sunni's and Shia's :unsure:

Guest BlackJesus
[b]Last night on all the News channels such as MSNBC, CNN, & FOX they actually used the sploschy dot to cover the cartoons in question .... as if it were a flaring vagina getting penetrated ....

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img] [/b]

[center][url="http://moparody.blogspot.com/"]A Page of Muhammad Parodies [/url][/center]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='213848' date='Feb 5 2006, 03:30 PM'][b]Last night on all the News channels such as MSNBC, CNN, & FOX they actually used the sploschy dot to cover the cartoons in question .... as if it were a flaring vagina getting penetrated ....

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img] [/b]

[center][url="http://moparody.blogspot.com/"]A Page of Muhammad Parodies [/url][/center][/quote]

passage from a link of this site:

[b]Even Bush tells us that Islam means peace, recognizing that most Muslims are not terrorists and some even disapprove (quietly) of the terrorist tactics pursued by militants. But the teachings of Islam make it quite difficult, if not impossible, for more moderate Muslims to openly wage war against the terrorists. It should be clear to any casual observer that the vast majority of Muslims instinctively rally to support fellow Muslims when they come under attack. It seems that no matter how unworthy or how violent and repressive a regime is, [u]Muslims always prefer a bad Muslim to a good Infidel[/u]. Thus when the US attacked Afghanistan (ruled by the brutal Taliban), or Iraq (ruled by a murderous regime) Muslims all over the world protested. Saddam Hussein killed many more fellow Muslims than arch-enemy Israel ever did, yet many Muslims from all over the world volunteered to fight for him against the Coalition forces entering to liberate Muslims from the despot. What this means for America is that the war will not be effectively enjoined by any Muslim state, as even moderates cannot be counted on to support the forces of democracy against other Muslims. [u]All we can reasonably hope for is a little bit of lip service and, hopefully, non-interference[/u]. [u]The UN is not likely to suddenly improve its vision or develop a backbone either[/u]; it is left to us to protect ourselves.[/b]

Guest Coy Bacon

[quote name='Lawman' post='213823' date='Feb 5 2006, 02:51 PM'][quote name='BlackJesus' post='213816' date='Feb 5 2006, 02:26 PM']
[b]Uhh Lawman .....

although I believe that all religions are founded in death and thus agree with your premise .... are you ever going to actually comment on the cartoon issue [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img] [/b]

;) [/quote]

ok, the cartoonist have it right [b]"Muhammad was a Terroist"[/b]

We always here from the talking heads on how radical extremist have kidnapped Islam. These radical extremist are only following what Muhammad did.

Put the shoe on the other foot. Throughout the Mideast, there are Muslims who call America the Great Satan. These Muslims have called for the violent destruction of America. Frequently great crowds have gathered to chant "death to America, death to Reagan, or Bush, or etc.". At times these people have even murdered Americans. Now, if America, or Reagan, or Bush, etc. were to use Muhammad's standards, they would engage in killing quite a few Muslims. They would have used Islamic standards on the Muslims. But we know that the chanting of a crowd of hot-heads does not necessitate the use of violence against them. There are better ways to deal with critics and criticisms. Frequently, in the passion of youth, people do and say things they don't intend to act out, or are not able to carry out. [u]Given time, people can change, and pursue peaceful dialog.[/u] But if one applied Muhammad's standards, American would be justified in bombing Tehran; Israel would be justified in wiping out hundreds of thousands of Arab Muslims.
[/quote]

This kind of displacement of cause and effect is really nothing short of criminal.

[quote name='Coy Bacon' post='214099' date='Feb 5 2006, 08:15 PM'][quote name='Lawman' post='213823' date='Feb 5 2006, 02:51 PM']
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='213816' date='Feb 5 2006, 02:26 PM']
[b]Uhh Lawman .....

although I believe that all religions are founded in death and thus agree with your premise .... are you ever going to actually comment on the cartoon issue [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img] [/b]

;) [/quote]

ok, the cartoonist have it right [b]"Muhammad was a Terroist"[/b]

We always here from the talking heads on how radical extremist have kidnapped Islam. These radical extremist are only following what Muhammad did.

Put the shoe on the other foot. Throughout the Mideast, there are Muslims who call America the Great Satan. These Muslims have called for the violent destruction of America. Frequently great crowds have gathered to chant "death to America, death to Reagan, or Bush, or etc.". At times these people have even murdered Americans. Now, if America, or Reagan, or Bush, etc. were to use Muhammad's standards, they would engage in killing quite a few Muslims. They would have used Islamic standards on the Muslims. But we know that the chanting of a crowd of hot-heads does not necessitate the use of violence against them. There are better ways to deal with critics and criticisms. Frequently, in the passion of youth, people do and say things they don't intend to act out, or are not able to carry out. [u]Given time, people can change, and pursue peaceful dialog.[/u] But if one applied Muhammad's standards, American would be justified in bombing Tehran; Israel would be justified in wiping out hundreds of thousands of Arab Muslims.
[/quote]

This kind of displacement of cause and effect is really nothing short of criminal.
[/quote]
Except when it's being applied to an American soldier... ;)

[quote name='clevelandbengal' post='214335' date='Feb 5 2006, 11:19 PM']someone should put out a statement that says the Pittsburgh Steelers organization has been degrading allah and Mohammed ^_^ [/quote]

:lol:

Guest BlackJesus
[size=3][u][quote][img]http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/6421/d330nz.jpg[/img]
[size=4]Protests Over Drawings a 'Global Crisis' [/size]
Feb 7, 2006
Yahoo News[/u] [/size]

COPENHAGEN, Denmark - Denmark's Prime Minister on Tuesday called protests over drawings of the Prophet Muhammad a global crisis and appealed for calm.

"We are now facing a growing global crisis," Anders Fogh Rasmussen said. "It now is something else than the drawings in Jyllands-Posten."

The Jyllands-Posten, a Danish paper, first published the drawings that have sparked violent protests in Muslim countries worldwide. They have since been reprinted in media around the world.

Demonstrators in Afghanistan on Tuesday clashed with NATO forces, and three protesters were killed.

"Now it has become an international political matter," he said. "I urge calm and steadiness."

Outraged Muslim demonstrators, who have set fire to the Danish embassies in Syria and Lebanon and have held chaotic protests elsewhere, have demanded the Danish government apologize for the cartoons, which Jyllands-Posten printed in September.

But Fogh Rasmussen's statements indicated that Denmark is not contemplating changes in its strategy for responding to the spiraling tensions. Fogh Rasmussen has insisted that Denmark's press freedom culture means the government cannot apologize for what an independent newspaper does.

The newspaper has apologized for any offense caused to Muslims but has defended its printing of the drawings as a legitimate exercise in freedom of expression.

The drawings — including one depicting the prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb — have touched a raw nerve in part because Islam is interpreted to forbid any illustrations of the Prophet Muhammad for fear they could lead to idolatry.

"We appeal to Muslims around the world to look beyond the headlines and the rhetoric," Foreign Minister Per Stig Moeller said alongside Fogh Rasmussen.

Earlier, the Foreign Ministry said the Danish embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia, has been temporarily closed because of fears it would be stormed.

Niels Erik Andersen, Denmark's ambassador to Indonesia, said Muslims groups throughout Indonesia had been burning Danish flags and effigies of Fogh Rasmussen.[/quote]

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060207/ap_on_re_mi_ea/denmark_prophet_drawings;_ylt=ArkDNVRb142O56ZxoYy0Ra2s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060207/ap_on_...zkxBHNlYwN0bQ--[/url]

Guest BlackJesus
[color="#009900"][size=3]An Iranian paper is now hosting a Holocaust Cartoon contest in response .....[/size][/color]

[size=3][u][quote][img]http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/9041/es1ie.jpg[/img]
Cartoon Protests Rage in Muslim World
By DANIEL COONEY
Associated Press
2/7/06[/u] [/size]

KABUL, Afghanistan - International peacekeepers clashed Tuesday with Afghans protesting drawings of the Prophet Muhammad, leaving three demonstrators dead and prompting NATO to send reinforcements to a remote northern city.

Senior Afghan officials said al-Qaida and the Taliban could be exploiting anger over the cartoons to incite violence, which spread to at least six cities in a second day of bloody unrest in Afghanistan.

Demonstrations rumbled on around the Muslim world, and the political repercussions deepened, with Iran suspending all trade and economic ties with Denmark, where the drawings were first published. The Danish prime minister called the protests a global crisis and appealed for calm.

[b]In a new turn, a prominent Iranian newspaper, Hamshahri, invited artists to enter a Holocaust cartoon competition, saying it wanted to see if freedom of expression — the banner under which many Western publications reprinted the prophet drawings — also applied to Holocaust images.[/b]

The drawings — including one depicting the prophet wearing a turban shaped as a bomb — have touched a raw nerve among Muslims. Islam is interpreted to forbid any illustrations of Muhammad for fear they could lead to idolatry.

Violence has escalated sharply in Afghanistan this week, and seven people have died in demonstrations during the past two days. Protests, sometimes involving armed men, have been directed at foreign and Afghan government targets — fueling suspicions there's more behind the unrest than religious sensitivities.

"It's an incredibly emotive issue. This is something that really upset Afghans," said Joanna Nathan, senior Afghanistan analyst at the International Crisis Group, a Brussels-based research institute. "But it is also being used to agitate and motivate the crowds by those against the government and foreign forces" in Afghanistan.

On Tuesday, protesters armed with assault rifles and grenades attacked the NATO base in the northern city of Maymana, which is manned by peacekeepers from Norway, Finland, Latvia and Sweden, local officials said.

Sayed Aslam Ziaratia, the provincial deputy police chief, said three protesters were shot and killed by Afghan and Norwegian forces and that 22 others were wounded. However, NATO said it only fired live ammunition into the air and rubber bullets. Five Norwegian peacekeepers suffered minor injuries.

Provincial governor Mohammed Latif said he suspected al-Qaida may have had a hand in the unrest. He said two men from eastern Afghanistan were arrested during the protest and were being interrogated.

"The violence today looked like a massive uprising. It was very unusual," Latif said.

On Monday, about [b]2,000 protesters tried to storm the main U.S. military[/b] base at Bagram, the hub of the operations for some 20,000 American forces in the country. [b]Police shot dead two protesters[/b]. A top local official said al-Qaida and Taliban militants incited the crowd.

Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak told The Associated Press by telephone Tuesday that it was possible militants egged on the demonstrators, but he stressed the government has no evidence.

"Once these crowds get together, they often get out of control, here and in other countries," he said. "But if this goes on, we're going to have to take a closer look to see if there is more behind it."

The unrest in Maymana prompted NATO to send 150 British troops to help secure the base, and two American A-10 attack aircraft were flown to the city. The U.N. evacuated nonessential staff.

In Washington, President Bush called Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen to express "our solidarity and support." A Danish newspaper first printed the cartoons of Muhammad in September, and they were reprinted this month by other European papers, setting off a new round of proptests.

Bush and Fogh Rasmussen agreed that all sides must move forward "through dialogue and tolerance, not violence," White House spokesman Scott McClellan said.

In Copenhagen, Fogh Rasmussen showed no sign of diverting from his government's stance that it cannot apologize for the actions of an independent newspaper, as demanded by governments in several Muslim nations.

Fogh Rasmussen called the protests "a growing global crisis."

Iran's supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, said Tuesday that publication of the caricatures was an Israeli conspiracy motivated by anger over the victory of the militant Hamas group in last mont's Palestinian elections.

"The West condemns any denial of the Jewish Holocaust, but it permits the insult of Islamic sanctities," Khamenei said.

Tuesday saw the biggest protest yet in Pakistan, where 5,000 people chanted, "Hang the man who insulted the prophet," and burned effigies of one cartoonist and Denmark's prime minister. The rally ended peacefully.

Thousands of Egyptians and Jordanians also demonstrated peacefully, calling for a boycott of Danish products and the cutting of ties with Copenhagen.[/quote]

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060207/ap_on_re_mi_ea/prophet_drawings;_ylt=Ao49.Nln014WVFB5uDTYBJKs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060207/ap_on_...zkxBHNlYwN0bQ--[/url]

Guest BlackJesus

[color="#FF0000"][size=3]I actually thought that for once me and Bush would agree and that he would come out and show strong support for Denmark .....[/size] <_< [/color]

[b]But yet again .... I guess me and the big eared chimp really have become polar opposites ..... he is so engrained to sucking off the Saudis who share their oil profits with his family .... that he has taken the lukewarm stance .... and left Denmark out to dry. Not to mention that Bush really doesn't like freedom of "untapped" speech as he has shown.

Those nations that favor freedom of the press in any capacity should be standing in solidarity with Denmark ....

[color="#009900"]and listen here Islamic world .... [/color] I am with you on a myriad of issues ..... I support your struggle against the aparthied state of Israel .... I support you claims that we are trying to control your Oil reserves in some capacity .... I support your argument that our foriegn policy actually supports Mid East dictators and not democracy ....

But on this issue I'm throwing up the big middle finger on your ass .....

This shouldn't be a right or left issue .... and the last thing progressive people in America or Europe who actually defend your asses need is a lecture on decency from a people and religion which parts of it are still stuck in the 7th century and who practices cutting out womens clitorises and stoning them to death in public.

So back the fuck up for a minute ..... <_<

In the West and especially in Europe we allow satire and critique .... and just because you believe that Muhammad was a prophet doesn't mean we do .... Now I make fun of our fake Jesus as well .... so this isn't about a clash of faith here ....

and if all of you are going to keep acting like all of the West is your enemy .... you are going to make it harder for thoughtful people like me to defend the attempts by the West to control your Oil and ultimately destiny .....

[/b]

Guest BadassBengal
I was watching The O'Reilly Factor last nite, and just heard about this. Crazy, crazy fucks. I say nuke em all. Fuck your religion, and FUCK Muhammad. Towelie bastards.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='215362' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:48 PM'][b]I was watching The O'Reilly Factor last nite,[/b] and just heard about this. Crazy, crazy fucks. [u]I say nuke em all. Fuck your religion, and FUCK Muhammad. Towelie bastards.[/u][/quote]
whats sad is that the bold part amazes me more than the underlined part

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='215373' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:57 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='215362' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:48 PM']
[b]I was watching The O'Reilly Factor last nite,[/b] and just heard about this. Crazy, crazy fucks. [u]I say nuke em all. Fuck your religion, and FUCK Muhammad. Towelie bastards.[/u][/quote]
[/quote]

:lol:

Guest Bengal_Smoov
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='215373' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:57 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='215362' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:48 PM']
[b]I was watching The O'Reilly Factor last nite,[/b] and just heard about this. Crazy, crazy fucks. [u]I say nuke em all. Fuck your religion, and FUCK Muhammad. Towelie bastards.[/u][/quote]
[/quote]

[img]http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/television/freshprince/bios/carlton/carlton4.jpg[/img]

Badass getting ready for school....

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='215388' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:12 PM'][quote name='Nati Ice' post='215373' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:57 PM']
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='215362' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:48 PM']
[/quote]

[img]http://www.warnerbros.co.uk/television/freshprince/bios/carlton/carlton4.jpg[/img]

Badass getting ready for school....
[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest BadassBengal
[/quote]

Shit, the 6:30 news was over, and i just wanted ta get some news for some reason, so i turned to good ele Fox News, and they helped me out...

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='215390' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:13 PM'][quote name='Nati Ice' post='215373' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:57 PM']
[/quote]

Shit, the 6:30 news was over, and i just wanted ta get some news for some reason, so i turned to good ele Fox News, and they helped me out...
[/quote]

Excuses will get you nowhere my friend, just wait till I tell everybody at the weekly meeting.... :ninja:

Seriously though if you want to watch news, why did turn on Fox news, that is propaganda not news..

Try PBS or CNN or MSNBC or hell you got the internet, just go to goggle news or something, never ever watch Fox News, especially the O'Reilly Factor [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img] again or were taking away your membership and you will be banned from the weekly meetings for a whole year, I'm fucking serious...

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='215396' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:24 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='215390' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:13 PM']
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='215373' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:57 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Excuses will get you nowhere my friend, just wait till I tell everybody at the weekly meeting.... :ninja:

Seriously though if you want to watch news, why did turn on Fox news, that is propaganda not news..

Try PBS or CNN or MSNBC or hell you got the internet, just go to goggle news or something, never ever watch Fox News, especially the O'Reilly Factor [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//31.gif[/img] again or were taking away your membership and you will be banned from the weekly meetings for a whole year, I'm fucking serious...
[/quote]

I was already banned for listenin to Kenny Chesney, tho...

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='215404' date='Feb 7 2006, 06:32 PM'][quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='215396' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:24 PM']
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='215390' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:13 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you own all the seasons of Friends on dvd, I will not rest til your
membership is revoked......im serious ga-dammit!!!!!!

:ninja:

by the way, can i borrow your Kenny Chesney cd?

Guest BadassBengal

[quote name='sneaky' post='215417' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:47 PM'][quote name='BadassBengal' post='215404' date='Feb 7 2006, 06:32 PM']
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='215396' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:24 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I downloaded it from the internet. Kenny C is that good country shit. Let it be known, however, that he's the only country I listen to.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='215423' date='Feb 7 2006, 07:03 PM'][quote name='sneaky' post='215417' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:47 PM']
[quote name='BadassBengal' post='215404' date='Feb 7 2006, 06:32 PM']
[quote name='Bengal_Smoov' post='215396' date='Feb 7 2006, 05:24 PM']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I downloaded it from the internet. Kenny C is that good country shit. Let it be known, however, that he's the only country I listen to.
[/quote]

oh my gawd!!! i didnt know you were serious.
I will remember that next time u try to battle
me in freestyle.
You country ass graham cracker!!!! :lol:

by the way, can I borrow your Brooks 'n Dunn cd?

Guest BlackJesus

[b]did you Uncle toms just hijack my mother fucking thread ....

damn .... I knew I was the blackest guy on this board .... and I aint even black

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img]

:ninja: [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='215637' date='Feb 8 2006, 01:30 AM'][b]did you Uncle toms just hijack my mother fucking thread ....

damn .... I knew I was the blackest guy on this board .... and I aint even black

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img]

:ninja: [/b][/quote]

Well, since most people here ridicule most of what you post and you have
already got your ass beaten by the police (Jacksonville) you have a lot
in common with most brothas. Hell, I damn near consider you at least
a mulatto already but I will talk it over with Smoov,Badass,Danville and Coy about
making you an honorary black guy. Until then continue to stay black bro
and fight the power. :afropic:

:)

[quote][url="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060208/ap_on_re_mi_ea/prophet_drawings;_ylt=Atn6eTsvk4IU3WzJ1tZppChvaA8F;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060208/ap_on_...HNlYwN5bmNhdA--[/url]

[b]"In a new turn, a prominent Iranian newspaper, Hamshahri, invited artists to enter a Holocaust cartoon competition, saying it wanted to see if freedom of expression — the banner under which many Western publications reprinted the prophet drawings — also applied to Holocaust images."[/b][/quote]

This is getting crazy, I read somewhere a Muslim newspaper had a cartoon of
Adolf Hitler and Anne Frank in bed together.

It is amazing that a cartoon triggered all of this, obviously these people have never seen an
episode of South Park.

Archived