Xavier currently pwning Gonzaga...

Guest BadassBengal

Guest ThurmanMunster

xavier got FUCKED hardcore. those final 2 minutes were pro Morrisson, fuck Xavier. I am not even a Xavier fan really (cept when they play UC :)), but rooting for the home team in the tourney and they got FUCKED hardcore.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Storm' post='233367' date='Mar 16 2006, 09:50 PM']Xavier played their hearts out

I guess you have to look at the positives

If the Muskies go on a run in the NCAAs then they lose their coach[/quote]

Ha I was telling my dad the same thing during the game.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Storm' post='233367' date='Mar 16 2006, 09:50 PM']Xavier played their hearts out

I guess you have to look at the positives

If the Muskies go on a run in the NCAAs then they lose their coach[/quote]

idk if that would be that bad. Miller is a good guy, but i think he is a bad coach when it comes to changing gameplans and making adjustments. They need to find a coach they like and offer him a long term deal quickly. I thikn it was a blessing Thad left tho because he really isnt a good coach, altho he will look like one since the name of Ohio State brought Oden and co. in.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='233369' date='Mar 17 2006, 02:50 AM']xavier got FUCKED hardcore. those final 2 minutes were pro Morrisson, fuck Xavier. I am not even a Xavier fan really (cept when they play UC :)), but rooting for the home team in the tourney and they got FUCKED hardcore.[/quote]

I didn't see it that way, looked like they favored X most of the game, I didn't look at the stat sheet I'd bet that game had more foul calls than any other game. Not to mention the 4-5 traveling calls

All I can say is get those refs autographs, those guys were stars tonight

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Storm' post='233379' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:00 PM'][quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='233369' date='Mar 17 2006, 02:50 AM']
xavier got FUCKED hardcore. those final 2 minutes were pro Morrisson, fuck Xavier. I am not even a Xavier fan really (cept when they play UC :)), but rooting for the home team in the tourney and they got FUCKED hardcore.[/quote]

I didn't see it that way, looked like they favored X most of the game, I didn't look at the stat sheet I'd bet that game had more foul calls than any other game. Not to mention the 4-5 traveling calls

All I can say is get those refs autographs, those guys were stars tonight
[/quote]

the final 2 minutes, i witnessed xavier get raped down low and balls get redirected along with playesr entire bodies. Then i witnessed Morrisson push off against Cage and they call Cage for the foul. Ive never seen a defneisve player push off to get separation when he is trying to defend hte guy. That foul on Cage gave Morrisson 2 VERY key free throws. I watched the game with a UC fan who hates Xaiver and rooted for Gonzaga and he even laughed cuz he said Xavier got dicked at the end.

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='85fanwilkes' post='233390' date='Mar 16 2006, 10:28 PM']That pisses me off they couldnt keep it together the last 5 mins of the damn game.[/quote]

a few reasons for that:

1) typical xavier

2) lack of a leader

3) missed thornton/finn badly

4) refs werent helping the cause

Doellman reminds me of Michael Dunleavy Jr so badly. Alot of talent and just a big pussy that his team cant rely on.

Give Xavier thornton and that game woulda been over by halftime. Give Xavier finn and they win it.

Guest BadassBengal
[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='233401' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:02 PM']Good I picked Gonzaga for the final four.[/quote]

Bro, if they barely squeaked by X, WITH the help of the refs, then they won't be playin for much longer...

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='233422' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:41 PM'][quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='233401' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:02 PM']
Good I picked Gonzaga for the final four.[/quote]

Bro, if they barely squeaked by X, WITH the help of the refs, then they won't be playin for much longer...
[/quote]
That's bullshit. the days of top seeds in the NCAA's regularly crushing "less worthy" opponents from small conferences are mostly over.
Case in point: Gonzaga.
Even very good teams like Gonzaga often have to play to the wire...they won, didn't they?
Xavier has nothing to be ashamed about, nor should they offer any excuses for their loss, which are character traits not present in the current UC team and fanbase.
UC fans are so busy complaining about their lot in the NCAA selections that they will be the disheartened 1 seed in the NIT that will lose because nobody will care about the outcome.

[quote name='BadassBengal' post='233422' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:41 PM'][quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' post='233401' date='Mar 16 2006, 11:02 PM']
Good I picked Gonzaga for the final four.[/quote]

[/quote]
Sorry, Bung. I agree with BAB here.

Archived