What do you believe?

Storm

Guest Claptonrocks

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='299639' date='Jul 24 2006, 09:43 AM']Especially the stuff about Adam Dunn hitting 600 homers. ;)[/quote]

Adam Dunn will surpass 200 homers by the end of the year ...
He's 26yrs old..
Is it so hard to fathom that if he stays healthy and plays until his late thirties he could hit another 400?
Maybe he'll reach it ...
As for Federer....Nadal is indeed a gifted pro but until he can beat Federer on surfaces other than clay he will never close the gap between them..
Its about major titles and Federer has two this season to Nadal's one..
In the points race Federer has 7200 to Nadal's 5900 ( based on the past twelve months) ..
In this years race ( from Jan ) Federer has 1017 pts to Nadal's 727 so the assumption that Nadal is closing the gap is wrong.. Its widening...

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='300214' date='Jul 24 2006, 10:39 PM']Adam Dunn will surpass 200 homers by the end of the year ...
He's 26yrs old..
Is it so hard to fathom that if he stays healthy and plays until his late thirties he could hit another 400?
Maybe he'll reach it ...
As for Federer....Nadal is indeed a gifted pro but until he can beat Federer on surfaces other than clay he will never close the gap between them..
Its about major titles and Federer has two this season to Nadal's one..
In the points race Federer has 7200 to Nadal's 5900 ( based on the past twelve months) ..
In this years race ( from Jan ) Federer has 1017 pts to Nadal's 727 so the assumption that Nadal is closing the gap is wrong.. Its widening...[/quote]

Nadal has beaten Federer in Hard Courts too, and in Carpet.

I believe that men who idolize 60 somthin' year old british rock stars to the point
where the old geezer's image is in their sig, may be repressing some dormant
homosexual feelings.

I also believe that people who stereotype entire races based on the behavior of some
are narrow minded, ignorant asshats.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='300214' date='Jul 24 2006, 10:39 PM']Adam Dunn will surpass 200 homers by the end of the year ...
He's 26yrs old..
Maybe he'll reach it ...[/quote]

Jamie was making a joke. (That's why I laughed.)

sneaky said that

"I believe that the people that actually believe the beliefs in bold, is the real reason why
society is so fucked up today."

And one of the things in bold was Adam Dunn hitting 600 homers, which seemed completely out of place with the other bolded stuff, hence the joke.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='sneaky' post='300289' date='Jul 25 2006, 12:37 AM']I believe that men who idolize 60 somthin' year old british rock stars to the point
homosexual feelings.

I also believe that people who stereotype entire races based on the behavior of some
are narrow minded, ignorant asshats.[/quote]

Seems thats what your doing right now..
BTW.. you enjoy your kind of music and Ill enjoy mine.

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='300294' date='Jul 25 2006, 12:47 AM'][b]Seems thats what your doing right now..[/b]
BTW.. you enjoy your kind of music and Ill enjoy mine.[/quote]

[b]sat·ire [/b]

NOUN:

[i]1. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
The branch of literature constituting such works. See Synonyms at caricature.

2. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity. [/i]

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='sneaky' post='300289' date='Jul 25 2006, 12:37 AM']I believe that men who idolize 60 somthin' year old british rock stars to the point
homosexual feelings.

are narrow minded, ignorant asshats.[/quote]

Take that back you fuckin' "N" word !!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

[img]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9428/bbpfgsig.jpg[/img]

:D

:ninja:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='302107' date='Jul 27 2006, 04:11 AM']Take that back you fuckin' "N" word !!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

[img]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9428/bbpfgsig.jpg[/img]
:D
:ninja:[/quote]
:lol:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='273741' date='May 26 2006, 03:27 PM']Ill just say this about the whole Religon argument. It's not religon it's those who use and twist it. If more people would read thier respective manuals, rather than listen to the false prophets, and try their best to follow them I believe it would be a much BETTER world.[/quote]

I BELIEVE:

-What Jamie said right there^

-I believe in God, but I'm not commited to any religion. I respect them all though

-rap music and violent video games do not lead to kids committing crimes, bad parenting does

-God doesn't "hate" anyone

-Muslims in america are now stereotyped as terrorists/violent/evil, even though Muslim's religion is based on peace and the actions of only a few have now tainted the perception of all of them

-Racism is no longer around in the form it was 50 years ago for the most part. It's evolved into a different kind of racism now. Unfortunately, it's still just as bad

-Government hating conspiracy theorists who think "Bush knocked down the towers" are paranoid and need to relax. No, the government isn't perfect, they have secrets, they have flaws, but they blow it out of proportion

-Everyone has an opinion on everything, unfortunately most of them are uninformed opinions

-In Angels

-In Heaven

-In the near future someone in the middleast/europe will emerge proclaiming to be the some sort of biblical prophet, and he will attract many followers. Unfortunately he will really be more so like the anti-christ underneath.

-Evolution obviously has occured, but that doesn't include Darwin's theory. I'm talkin the general term that certain species have slowly changed over time to adapt to their environment. That doesn't mean humans came from monkeys- because thats stupid. Even most athiestic scientists believe thats stupid

-Madieu Williams is the next Ed Reed/Troy Polomalu

I DON'T BELIEVE:

-In hell. More like purgatory.

-2Pac is still alive

-Anyone can stop Cincinnati from becoming the next dynasty

[quote name='ColorChanginClique' post='304982' date='Jul 30 2006, 05:26 PM']I BELIEVE:

-What Jamie said right there^

-I believe in God, but I'm not commited to any religion. I respect them all though

-rap music and violent video games do not lead to kids committing crimes, bad parenting does

-God doesn't "hate" anyone

-Muslims in america are now stereotyped as terrorists/violent/evil, even though Muslim's religion is based on peace and the actions of only a few have now tainted the perception of all of them

-Racism is no longer around in the form it was 50 years ago for the most part. It's evolved into a different kind of racism now. Unfortunately, it's still just as bad

-Government hating conspiracy theorists who think "Bush knocked down the towers" are paranoid and need to relax. No, the government isn't perfect, they have secrets, they have flaws, but they blow it out of proportion

-Everyone has an opinion on everything, unfortunately most of them are uninformed opinions

-In Angels

-In Heaven

-In the near future someone in the middleast/europe will emerge proclaiming to be the some sort of biblical prophet, and he will attract many followers. Unfortunately he will really be more so like the anti-christ underneath.

-Evolution obviously has occured, but that doesn't include Darwin's theory. I'm talkin the general term that certain species have slowly changed over time to adapt to their environment. That doesn't mean humans came from monkeys- because thats stupid. Even most athiestic scientists believe thats stupid

-Madieu Williams is the next Ed Reed/Troy Polomalu
I DON'T BELIEVE:

-In hell. More like purgatory.

[b][size=4]-2Pac is still alive[/size][/b]

-Anyone can stop Cincinnati from becoming the next dynasty[/quote]

Then you must have missed this... ;)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Og-TEu66fo&search=chappelle"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Og-TEu66fo...earch=chappelle[/url]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='304986' date='Jul 30 2006, 05:32 PM']Then you must have missed this... ;)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Og-TEu66fo&search=chappelle"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Og-TEu66fo...earch=chappelle[/url][/quote]

:lol: That shit was awesome. The best part of this season by far. Unfortunately compared to 1 and 2, season 3 sucks ass

Guest IndianaBengal
i don't think god has an allegiance to any nation. including USA. why would he support crooked polititians who fleece their own citizens??

Guest steggyD
I believe that this political forum is turning very gay, and that BJ should be kicked off the site for a while and stripped of his mod duties forever.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='steggyD' post='309498' date='Aug 5 2006, 01:36 AM']I believe that this political forum is turning very gay, and that BJ should be kicked off the site for a while and stripped of his mod duties forever.[/quote]

if you guys stop posting, or we kick off bj for his insane ideas, then the terrorists win :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='steggyD' post='309498' date='Aug 5 2006, 01:36 AM']I believe that this political forum is turning very gay, and that BJ should be kicked off the site for a while and stripped of his mod duties forever.[/quote]

[center][b]I believe I am not suprised that Steggy can't find work ...
[/b]

:wave:
[/center]

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='329856' date='Sep 3 2006, 05:06 PM'][center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/radical.jpg[/img][/center][/quote]

Or he could just be fuckin' nuts.

Maybe not, but could be.

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='steggyD' post='330096' date='Sep 3 2006, 09:34 PM']I believe that BJ's personal attacks sinks him down to the level of those politicians that he so despises.[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

[b]what a fucking tool :lmao:

you said ... [/b]

[b]
and thus I respond back by stating that I am not suprised you are unemployed .... and that makes me hypocritical :wacko:

of what ???

I have never said that attacks on someone are not allowed ... or out of bounds for politicians ...

Don't become a whiny bitch just because you don't like it when people respond back to you in kind.

... I have a policy on here of only retaliating to a personal attack

:wave: [/b]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='330103' date='Sep 3 2006, 09:52 PM']Or he could just be fuckin' nuts.

Maybe not, but could be.[/quote]

[b]Hence the word "Usually" ...

that means that this isn't always the case. [/b]

Guest steggyD
My belief had to do with the forum that this was posted in. It had to do with your forum duties here, where I post at. I have a good idea of how it's going, and it really has nothing to do with the real world. It's not that personal. You, on the other hand, are touching a nerve, something I'm working really hard on. I am working, just not in my field yet. Every free minute, where I'm not doing something for my home and family is spent trying to get into my field, making myself better. My family is basically on hold until I get my career going. It's pretty fuckin' personal, and if you take this forum as personal as I take my job, then you need a life.

Archived