Gay marriage ban

Guest bengalrick

Should there be a constitutional ban on gay marriage?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a constitutional ban on gay marriage?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet / undecided
  2. 2. Do you agree w/ civil unions (same as marriage w/out religious title)?

• Yes, i agree w/ civil unions
    • Marriage for gays, or nothing
    • Hell no, under no circumstances should dudes marry dudes

Guest bengalrick
I know that i am evolving, b/c my views have changed drastically since the last election... i still think = [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/31.gif[/img] when i think about two dudes in bed, but at the same time, why a constitutional ban? why not treat it like we are the immigration issue, and banning gay marriage, while allowing civil unions?

the conservative election year issues are getting as annoying as the liberal issues to me...

yes, this country was based around christian values... but the key is that they came here for relious freedom, therefore not allowing our laws to be based solely around religious values, which would eventually lead to a theocracy... so this arguement holds no water...

so should we punish homosexuals? no, we shouldn't... but at the same time, you better not use a religous title and oath that i took with my God (marriage) and piss all over our religion...

i don't have a problem w/ people being about to have civil unions so they can have the benefits of health insurance, and other shit...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='277819' date='Jun 5 2006, 10:20 AM']I know that i am evolving, b/c my views have changed drastically since the last election... i still think = [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/31.gif[/img] when i think about two dudes in bed, but at the same time, why a constitutional ban? why not treat it like we are the immigration issue, and banning gay marriage, while allowing civil unions?

the conservative election year issues are getting as annoying as the liberal issues to me...

yes, this country was based around christian values... but the key is that they came here for relious freedom, therefore not allowing our laws to be based solely around religious values, which would eventually lead to a theocracy... so this arguement holds no water...

so should we punish homosexuals? no, we shouldn't... but at the same time, you better not use a religous title and oath that i took with my God (marriage) and piss all over our religion...

i don't have a problem w/ people being about to have civil unions so they can have the benefits of health insurance, and other shit...[/quote]

Marriage is also a legal term for a civil union. Under this logic wouldnt all "marriages" need to be legally considered "Civl Unions". Then you could be "Married" in your church/temple/whatever?

Also....What about people that took their oath w/ Buddah/Allah/Etc..?

/...Dunno i just get a little uneasy when we start legislating morality, especially to get a few swing votes.
//Thinking about fat people having sex makes me queesy too.....or steeler fans

Guest steggyD
Fuckin' faggots...

Just kidding. I kinda like the Libertarian view on marriage. What does any of it have to do with the government anyway? It's bullshit. Marriage should be a union recognized between the two going through with it, and the church, if those two wish to involve the church. Otherwise, only your neighbors and relatives should really know that you are "married". Get the government out of it altogether.

There should be no ban on gay marriage.

If gays want to marry, join in a civil union whatever, let them.

There are plenty of people who get married who piss all over the religion. I am 100% positive there are people who are gay, who follow Christian values a lot better than a lot of so called straight Christians. The fact that they have one "flaw" in their values shouldn't hold them back.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='277943' date='Jun 5 2006, 01:42 PM']you aint pissing me off, your the one in bed with a hairy dude not me bro.[/quote]

Who said anything about being in bed w/ a dude? And who says my bride would be hairy?

[quote name='steggyD' post='277945' date='Jun 5 2006, 01:43 PM']Fuckin' faggots...
Just kidding. I kinda like the Libertarian view on marriage. What does any of it have to do with the government anyway? It's bullshit. Marriage should be a union recognized between the two going through with it, and the church, if those two wish to involve the church. Otherwise, only your neighbors and relatives should really know that you are "married". Get the government out of it altogether.[/quote]
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

thank god im not the only one here

Guest steggyD
From [url="http://www.badnarik.org/whybadnarik/why_gays.php"]http://www.badnarik.org/whybadnarik/why_gays.php[/url]

[quote]Gays

[b]Marriage began as and remains a religious commitment in which the government has no place[/b]

[b]"Civil Marriage" is a private contract between individuals in which government should not interfere.[/b] Michael Badnarik supports the right of all individuals to enter into peaceable contracts of their choosing. He opposes any federal legislative attempt to prohibit gay marriage

Lifestyle is an individual right, the choosing of which is a matter between the individual and its maker

AIDS patients should be able to choose for themselves to use experimental medications or marijuana without interference from the FDA or DEA

Government should not interfere with, or prevent companies from offering benefits to, any of their employees for any reason[/quote]

[quote name='Ben' post='277936' date='Jun 5 2006, 01:35 PM'][size=4]I'm going to get married to a guy[/size], but still bang chicks. Just to piss you all off.[/quote]

first of just to clear this, we're playing around and second look at what you said above. now most guys are hairy dude, and if your marrying a guy you gots to sleep withem. :D

Guest BlackJesus
[b][size=3]I would support a ban on gay marriage ....

if we outlawed divorce[/size][/b]

[i](it's supposed to be sacred isn't it) [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img] [/i]

Guest ONYX
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='278067' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:32 PM'][b][size=3]I would support a ban on gay marriage ....

if we outlawed divorce[/size][/b]
[i](it's supposed to be sacred isn't it) [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img] [/i][/quote]

I agree 100% and I'll even take it a step further, adultry should carry a prison sentence.

For the life of me, I will never understand peoples' homophobia.

Personally, as a hetrosexual man, as long as it's not my woman, I dont care who another man
sleeps with.

If another man decides he wants to be gay, I just look at it as more potiental poon-tang for me.

Guest BlackJesus
[b]I actually wish all other men were gay ..... that would increase my chances of getting close enough to chlrophorm rag Jessica Alba ..... [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='278077' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:48 PM'][b]I actually wish all other men were gay ..... that would increase my chances of getting close enough to chlrophorm rag Jessica Alba ..... [/b][/quote]
i disagree, more gay men = more male hairstylists, make-up artists, etc. that would constantly surround jessica alba

but look on the bright side, all youd have to do is obtain a boombox and copy of the footloose soundtrack and sneakweasel your way in between those crazy gay folk at an opportune dancing moment

Guest ThurmanMunster

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='277861' date='Jun 5 2006, 11:51 AM']Hell no, under no circumstances should dudes marry dudes. thats my vote on that.[/quote]

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='steggyD' post='277945' date='Jun 5 2006, 01:43 PM']Fuckin' faggots...
Just kidding. I kinda like the Libertarian view on marriage. What does any of it have to do with the government anyway? It's bullshit. Marriage should be a union recognized between the two going through with it, and the church, if those two wish to involve the church. Otherwise, only your neighbors and relatives should really know that you are "married". Get the government out of it altogether.[/quote]

Unfortunately, the government does have to be involved because of the legal ramifications of "marriage." Tax status, family medical insurance plans, spouse swapping parties, whatever. :)

Guest BlackJesus

[b]Also pillow biters are always more friendly than anyone else for the most part .... and they perform awesome folds of my shirts at J Crew ... So lay off the turd burglars

:ninja: [/b]

[quote name='ONYX' post='278070' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:39 PM']I agree 100% and I'll even take it a step further, adultry should carry a prison sentence.

For the life of me, I will never understand peoples' homophobia.

Personally, as a hetrosexual man, as long as it's not my woman, I dont care who another man
sleeps with.

If another man decides he wants to be gay, I just look at it as more potiental poon-tang for me.[/quote]

Well I mean you do have a 16 year old gay son (BAB) so...

:whistle:

Guest steggyD

[quote name='mongoloido' post='278083' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:54 PM']Unfortunately, the government does have to be involved because of the legal ramifications of "marriage." Tax status, family medical insurance plans, spouse swapping parties, whatever. :)[/quote]
Well, income tax is illegal and an infringement upon my privacy, but we won't get into that right now.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='278085' date='Jun 5 2006, 07:55 PM'][b]Also pillow biters are always more friendly than anyone else for the most part .... and they perform awesome folds of my shirts at J Crew ... So lay off the turd burglars

:ninja: [/b][/quote]
Unless you are a lesbian. I have a homosexual male friend, and it seemed that all of his friends and he seemed to hate on lesbians. He always questioned the reason, and said that they can't even really have sex with each other anyway. That's how you know a gay man, when they don't see the beauty of girl on girl sex.

Guest mongoloido

[quote name='steggyD' post='278092' date='Jun 5 2006, 08:04 PM']Well, income tax is illegal and an infringement upon my privacy, but we won't get into that right now.[/quote]

lol. yeah. good luck with that one. :)

Guest ONYX

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='278091' date='Jun 5 2006, 08:04 PM']Well I mean you do have a 16 year old gay son (BAB) so...

:whistle:[/quote]

True.

But just because he's gay, sucks at Madden, can't rap, and listens to country music doesn't mean
HE doesnt have rights.

[quote name='ONYX' post='278101' date='Jun 5 2006, 08:21 PM']True.

But just because he's gay, sucks at Madden, can't rap, and listens to country music doesn't mean
who doesnt have rights.[/quote]

because if it did he'd be a stealers fan. ;)

Didn't we just vote on this shit.

It should be left up to the states.

Just think about little kids in school learning about the constitution and asking why is there a tiny section on marrage, while every thing else is important stuff.

Then, "Teacher" what does it mean to be gay?

"Go ask your parents."

States have already decided for the most part. That should be good enough.

Archived