MEGGA SNOW ON THE WAY!

BengalBeotch

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='Dec 22 2004, 09:15 PM']The news is now saying that
we are going to continue with freezing rain/sleet
for a couple more hours....then it will change
back over to snow...so not as much accumulation
but more dangerous driving conditions....

warm air is melting the snow as it comes
down then it  hits cooler air and
re-freezes

bizzarre.
[right][post="29352"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I think you have a future as a weather girl on tv.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='Dec 22 2004, 09:26 PM']lucky dog....I'm on the west side.. Bridgetown
and it's freezing rain...you can hear it
hitting the awnings and windows.. :angry:

I want the white fluffy stuff!
[right][post="29361"][/post][/right][/quote]Yeah I had fun coming down queencity :blink:

Guest BengalLady

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='Dec 22 2004, 09:26 PM']lucky dog....I'm on the west side.. Bridgetown
and it's freezing rain...you can hear it
hitting the awnings and windows.. :angry:

I want the white fluffy stuff!
[right][post="29361"][/post][/right][/quote]

Well, it is mostly snow, every now and then I hear some sleet. hmmmm

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='BengalBeotch' date='Dec 22 2004, 10:15 PM']The news is now saying that
we are going to continue with freezing rain/sleet
for a couple more hours....then it will change
back over to snow...so not as much accumulation
but more dangerous driving conditions....

warm air is melting the snow as it comes
down then it  hits cooler air and
re-freezes

bizzarre.
[right][post="29352"][/post][/right][/quote]

Up here just south of Dayton, it has been all snow all night. They are saying 15-20 inches by the morning.

I'm going to try to make it home, no way in hell am I spending the night in my cubicle. This is the last place I want to be. I figured I have a full tank of gas, if I get stranded I can leave the car running for a long time with the heat on :)

PS I'm driving my wifes fwd Celica.

Guest BengalLady

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Dec 23 2004, 09:39 AM'][color="red"][b]I FUCKING HATE SNOW !!!!!![/b][/color]
[right][post="29491"][/post][/right][/quote]

I know, it makes it worse for you especially up around Dayton. :( When are you supposed to start your new job?

Guest BengalLady
[quote name='Ben' date='Dec 23 2004, 10:44 AM']The dog had trouble walkign around the yard and ended up pissing on the porch.  Looks like i'm snowed in, in dayton.
[right][post="29505"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

How much did you get in Dayton?

[quote name='bengalady' date='Dec 23 2004, 10:51 AM']How much did you get in Dayton?
[right][post="29506"][/post][/right][/quote]

Lots. [url="http://www.daytondailynews.com/"]The Dayton Daily says 13.6 inches[/url] (at least). Here's what the view of the BuckWoody spread looked like at about midnight last night:
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~buckwoody/images/Pc230011sml.jpg[/img]
There's lots more snow now. My task for the day is digging that truck out...my reward will be to go drive it around in the snow. :D

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='bengalady' date='Dec 23 2004, 10:18 AM']I know, it makes it worse for you especially up around Dayton. :( When are you supposed to start your new job?
[right][post="29496"][/post][/right][/quote]

I start next Tuesday. I live a couple of miles from where 70 and 75 intersect. You know, the intersection where the weather channel has been broadcasting from [color="red"][b]BECAUSE IT SUCKS SO BAD !!!![/b][/color]

I got somewhere between 15 and 20 inches here, with 3 foot drifts.

Oh boy, it's so pretty. We can go sledding. What the fuck ever !!!! :angry:

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Dec 23 2004, 04:12 PM']I start next Tuesday. I live a couple of miles from where 70 and 75 intersect. You know, the intersection where the weather channel has been broadcasting from [color="red"][b]BECAUSE IT SUCKS SO BAD !!!![/b][/color]

I got somewhere between 15 and 20 inches here, with 3 foot drifts.

Oh boy, it's so pretty. We can go sledding. What the fuck ever !!!!  :angry:
[right][post="29513"][/post][/right][/quote]

DAMMIT BACKER....

YOU GOT ALL MY SNOW! <_<

we got a measly 8-10 inches....I was truly bummed.
sorry for you....it's that carma thing...you were
crabbing about it so they gave it to you...
hhmmmm....maybe if I bitch about it next time... :D

[quote name='sean' date='Dec 23 2004, 06:36 PM']All I got was a measly 8 inches. I LOVE THE SNOW!!!
When I hear a storm is coming, I get excited like I'm getting a snow day from school. I eat this shit up. Give me more!
[right][post="29549"][/post][/right][/quote]

woooo hoooo.....I am the same way....
get all giddy...want to watch it for hours...

the damn freezing rain ruined it for me....
I can't even imagine how much snow that
would have been! whats the ratio of water to
snow???? it's something crazy like for every
inch of water it's like a foot of snow....

damn the bad luck. <_<

if you have to travel keeping 4 things in the car is vital:

1. a blanket
2. a shovel
3. a cell phone (if available)
4. a candle

a candle can put off a lot of heat if needed and can make a difference. Honestly, I would dare go out in it (except to make snow angels), but if you do, those things would make a difference in getting unstuck, or staying alive.

Well, out here in SE Indiana, we got 18-22 inches, depending on where you are...on the side of my house, there's a drift that comes up to my [color="blue"]chest!![/color]
We lost our heat at about 5am due to so much snow on the roof covering the exhaust vent to the furnace (gas-powered) and hence snuffing the pilot light.
So I had the wonderful task of climbing onto the roof before sunrise to clear the exhaust vent so my family could leave the bedroom where we'd all bivouaced for awhile with the space heater...the nerve of the old lady, saying her and the kids "needed" heat <_< . It never [color="gray"]once[/color] got below 50 degrees in the house!!! :lol: :lol:
I finally dug the 3 foot drift off of one of my cars, leaving the Neon completely buried. Of course, the car I chose to uncover was my rear-drive Crown Victoria, so the result of my two-hour archeological dig was to unearth a car that couldn't leave the driveway anyway! Just spun the rear wheels, round and round!!! Made for GREAT fun!!!
I hate snow. Well, this much of it anyway. The kids might love it, but they aren't old enough to help me shovel...yet.
Reporting from Sunman Indiana and just checking in...Steve
PS I am BORED!!!!!! Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide!!! Must resist urge to kill offspring and mate, urge to kill rising...

Guest BengalLady
:lol: Have you done all your shoveling? That would get you away for a while.

Damn I wish I was back in Indiana!!! I went to East Central and if we would get a dusting of snow we would be off school. It was awesome, we did not even have to listen to school closing cuz if it snowed, we were guarateed the day off. :)

Guest bengalrick
bunghole... thats some comical shit... personally, i'd rather have the 20 + inches of snow than the 5 inches of ice and 3 inches of snow i got.... shoveling wasn't even funny... then again, 20 inches is alot of snow...

[quote name='bengalady' date='Dec 23 2004, 09:05 PM'] :lol: Have you done all your shoveling?  That would get you away for a while. 

Damn I wish I was back in Indiana!!!  I went to East Central and if we would get a dusting of snow we would be off school.  It was awesome, we did not even have to listen to school closing cuz if it snowed, we were guarateed the day off. :)
[right][post="29612"][/post][/right][/quote]

the other half (worst half) went to East Central...he graduated in 1986...
you may know him?

Archived