NCAA 07

More generally than the demo, I can heartily recommend this. So much crisper and faster than Madden. A ton of new animations. Infinitely better commentary.

The only small thing that lets it down are the paucity of faces to choose from and the fact that in Heisman mode you control the whole team and not just yourself.

Otherwise it's staggeringly brilliant. Quite how this came from the same company that brought us the utterly abysmal NFL Head Coach is beyond me.
VB

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='VonBlade' post='294307' date='Jul 15 2006, 01:58 PM']More generally than the demo, I can heartily recommend this. So much crisper and faster than Madden. A ton of new animations. Infinitely better commentary.

The only small thing that lets it down are the paucity of faces to choose from and the fact that in Heisman mode you control the whole team and not just yourself.

[b]Otherwise it's staggeringly brilliant. Quite how this came from the same company that brought us the utterly abysmal NFL Head Coach is beyond me.[/b]
VB[/quote]

that was attempt 1 ever at a game like that. U cant really knock a new thing they tried.

Yes you can. And I will.

The draft has been in Madden for years.
As have the mini-games.
Both Madden and NCAA Superstar modes have bonuses to stats based on repetitions.
Madden has staff hiring, firing and recommendations.
Madden and NCAA both have pretty good AI.
Madden and NCAA both have good-looking game engines.

Besides the draft, none of the things in NFLHC improve upon what EA have already proved they can do. Most of them are a [b]huge[/b] step-backwards. They are the worlds largest company with billions of dollars.

So not only is NFL Head Coach utterly abysmal, but [i]inexcusably[/i] abysmal as it's purely collecting many already exisiting features and yet it was beyond them to do even that. Without using a AI based upon a two year old blind kid playing the game. And it's lucky he's blind because it looks like a megadrive game even on a PC with all the options up.

But anyway, my thread is to extol the many virtues of the excellent NCAA07, and not to shoot fish in a barrel by picking flaws in NFLHC :)
VB

Guest WhoDeyForever

The EB I preordered NCAA from isnt doing the midnight sale -_- I guess I will have to wait till 10 o'clock in the morning tomorrow :D

[quote name='whodey 85' post='295432' date='Jul 18 2006, 12:38 AM']Just got mine wit my Buckeye cover.[/quote]

i think the covers look lame. I thought they would be printed on the same stock as the real covers. I'm just gonna leave mine with reggie bush on it.

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='295400' date='Jul 17 2006, 11:38 PM']The EB I preordered NCAA from isnt doing the midnight sale -_- I guess I will have to wait till 10 o'clock in the morning tomorrow :D[/quote]

There were about 20 people at the gamestop in delhi, they had free pizza and cokes. I don't know why a store wouldn't open up at midnight for a game like this. Hell last year there were 50+ people for madden.

Guest whodey 85
[quote name='whodey24k' post='295451' date='Jul 18 2006, 01:18 AM']i think the covers look lame. I thought they would be printed on the same stock as the real covers. I'm just gonna leave mine with reggie bush on it.[/quote]

I kno, I asked em where my custom cover was and he handed me this thin piece of shit, but wat can u do?

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='whodey24k' post='295676' date='Jul 18 2006, 12:04 PM']i offically suck at this game. The game itself is great, but i can't get anything going on offense. I have only scored 13 points in 3 games online.[/quote]

Yup you really do suck :D I have been tearing it up with Ohio State...Beat Northern Illinois 63-0 then I came from behind aganist texas and won 38-34...Next game vs Cincinnati :badger: I love this game

[quote name='WhoDeyForever' post='295804' date='Jul 18 2006, 02:50 PM']Yup you really do suck :D I have been tearing it up with Ohio State...Beat Northern Illinois 63-0 then I came from behind aganist texas and won 38-34...Next game vs Cincinnati :badger: I love this game[/quote]

I did fine against the cpu, i'm talking about playing online. What level are you playing on, the game starts on varsity and online is on all american.

[quote name='whodey24k' post='296150' date='Jul 18 2006, 11:05 PM']I did fine against the cpu, i'm talking about playing online. What level are you playing on, the game starts on varsity and online is on all american.[/quote]

We need to set up a game then. We should have a great game then.

I love this game and recommend everyone who likes college football to get it.

[quote name='Kochman' post='296170' date='Jul 18 2006, 11:50 PM']We need to set up a game then. We should have a great game then.

I love this game and recommend everyone who likes college football to get it.[/quote]

my user name is whodey24k add me to your list and challenge me when you see me on there. I'm starting to figure the game out a little better. It is a great game, it just took me some time to get used to the controls.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='295925' date='Jul 18 2006, 06:09 PM']what are the new features?

is it worth the 50 bucks?[/quote]

depends on what system you have. I have the 360 it has by far the best game play i have ever seen on a viedo game. But it only has half of the stadiums, uc doesn't play at nippert its just some geniric stadium.

I know that the ps2 version has a spring game which would be pretty cool for testing out incoming freshman in a dynasty.

Guest WhoDeyForever

Im playing on All-American...I lost my first game a couple minutes ago :( 33-29 to Iowa..im now 4-1... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]

Just saw this thread. Not sure if I should pick up this one or get last years version for really cheap. I have PS2 and XBox, no new systems for me yet.

I really have not been into video games for the last year or two, so I have a tough time justifying spending $50 on a game, I might only play a few times.

[quote name='VonBlade' post='294318' date='Jul 15 2006, 11:45 AM']Yes you can. And I will.

The draft has been in Madden for years.
As have the mini-games.
Both Madden and NCAA Superstar modes have bonuses to stats based on repetitions.
Madden has staff hiring, firing and recommendations.
Madden and NCAA both have pretty good AI.
Madden and NCAA both have good-looking game engines.

Besides the draft, none of the things in NFLHC improve upon what EA have already proved they can do. Most of them are a [b]huge[/b] step-backwards. They are the worlds largest company with billions of dollars.

So not only is NFL Head Coach utterly abysmal, but [i]inexcusably[/i] abysmal as it's purely collecting many already exisiting features and yet it was beyond them to do even that. Without using a AI based upon a two year old blind kid playing the game. And it's lucky he's blind because it looks like a megadrive game even on a PC with all the options up.

But anyway, my thread is to extol the many virtues of the excellent NCAA07, and not to shoot fish in a barrel by picking flaws in NFLHC :)
VB[/quote]

Wow has this thread turned into a flame NFL Head Coach thread? Because I'm SO on board if it is.

NFL Head Coach was absolutely horrible. There is no adjustment for game time limits, or difficulty level. As a tester team, I picked up the Chiefs as my team. And played 13 season games. AND won EVERY single game by at least 10 points. I simmed the last 3 games and ended up winning 1 of those. So 14-2 going to the playoffs. I sim my playoff game and lose, no biggie. Then the offseason comes around and good god, I can't sit through that boring pile of trash anymore. The first time around was so tedious it made me want to ram my head into the wall. But I was excited about getting Matt Leinart in the draft the year before so he could replace the geriatric Trent Green. But in all honesty I just couldn't do it. Excited about the next season or not. This game blows. I played a few "Play Now" games with different teams and my total record on the game is 19-1. TOO EASY, AND TOOOOOOOOOOO BORING.

To address the real thread topic, NCAA 2007 rules......so far.

Archived