*** MATTHIAS ASKEW TAZED BY POLICE ***

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='TheChosenOne' post='299311' date='Jul 23 2006, 04:39 PM']I think the issue is that the way it has been reported... makes no fucking sense.

Here is a re-enactment based on the information the authorities have provided:

Policeman- "You need to move your car."

Askew- "No."

Policeman tries to handcuff Askew. Askew tries to run.

Policeman catches him and zaps him with a taser, then arrests him.

Askew's actions in particular, make no sense at all. Go has said that Askew wasn't drunk or under the influence. So something tells me that there is more to this incident than this.

Then again, he could just be really fucking dumb.[/quote]

Maybe it went down llike this..
cop...need to move your car
dumbass...in a minute ( for whatever reason he gives)
cop..no, you need to move it now
dumbass..."ya'll cops are allways harrassing us black folk"
cop...you gonna move it or you want a ticket?
dumbass...look man whats your problme? blah blah blah
cop..step out im placing you under arrest for disobeying a police order
dumbass starts to get unruly when he's being handcuffed and the cop tasers his stupid ass..
sounds like the situation went askew...

Case Summary
Case Number: /06/CRB/28244
Common Pleas Case Number:
Case Caption: STATE OF OHIO vs. MATTHIAS ASKEW
Judge: Unavailable
Filed Date: 7/23/2006
Case Type: -
Race: BLACK - AFRICAN AMERICAN
Sex: M
Date of Birth: 7/1/1982
Count A: OBSTRUCT OFFICIAL BUSINESS M2 2921-31 ORCN
Disposition: 07/23/2006 1 WARRANT ONLY
Count B: RESISTING ARREST M2 2921-33 ORCN
Disposition: 07/23/2006 102 CHARGED

[url="http://www.courtclerk.org/case_summary.asp?casenumber=/06/CRB/28244"]Clerk of Courts[/url]

Case Summary
Case Number: /06/CRB/28244
Common Pleas Case Number:
Case Caption: STATE OF OHIO vs. MATTHIAS ASKEW
Judge: Unavailable
Filed Date: 7/23/2006
Case Type: -
Race: BLACK - AFRICAN AMERICAN
Sex: M
Date of Birth: 7/1/1982
Count A: OBSTRUCT OFFICIAL BUSINESS M2 2921-31 ORCN
Disposition: 07/23/2006 1 WARRANT ONLY
Count B: RESISTING ARREST M2 2921-33 ORCN
Disposition: 07/23/2006 102 CHARGED

[url="http://www.courtclerk.org/case_summary.asp?casenumber=/06/CRB/28244"]Clerk of Courts[/url]

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='299303' date='Jul 23 2006, 04:22 PM']This seems to be more of a case of an asshole cop trying to be a hardass. exactly, some people are just racist i guess.[/quote]

You are just making this shit up, pure speculation and nothing more. Calling the cops racist on nothing more than speculation. That's some crazy shit, man. Some super fucking crazy shit.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='299242' date='Jul 23 2006, 02:57 PM']You sure you aren't the one with thier head up thier ass? We have half the leagues share of off field issues. It goes on and on. One or two issues would be normal. This isn't normal. A coach with full control of his team would have put a stop to this shit already.[/quote]

Ricky Manning Jr. (Bears), Jonathan Sullivan (Patriots), Marcus Vick (Dolphins), Bryce Fisher (Seahawks), John Gilmore (Bears), Ben Roethlisberger (stealers), Phillippi Sparks (Cowboys), Santonio Holmes (stealers), Vincent Burns (Colts), Rueben Droughns (Browns), Dhani Jones (Eagles), Sean Locklear (Seahawks), Daunte Culpepper (Dolphins), Fred Smoot (Vikings), Moe Williams (Vikings), Bryant McKinnie (Vikings), Larry Johnson (Chiefs), Derreck Robinson (Chargers), Damian McIntosh (Dolphins), Ahmad Carroll (Packers), Trai Essex (stealers), ...

All of these players have been arressted or had scrapes with the law since the start of last season. I left off the Bengals because we're all very familiar with those. But NFL players get in trouble, it happens, sad but true. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]
That's just what I could find after a couple short searches. Don't try to tell me the Bengals have half of the off field issues in the NFL when it simply isn't true.

Oh and Randy Moss' agent was arressted for crack and a car believed to belong to Pacman Jones (I'm not sure if this ever went anywhere) was involved in a 1,600 lb weed and 128 lb cocaine bust.

maybe Pacman is Henry's dealer :afropic:

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='299312' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:40 PM']first off im white, second off it was a joke.
and if the police report was right then Askew was wrong, but he is innocent till proven guilty and the media never portrays shit right so i tend to believe that it didnt happen this way.[/quote]

What do all the Bengals who got into trouble this offseason have in common?????

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299325' date='Jul 23 2006, 09:05 PM']Ricky Manning Jr. (Bears), Jonathan Sullivan (Patriots), Marcus Vick (Dolphins), Bryce Fisher (Seahawks), John Gilmore (Bears), Ben Roethlisberger (stealers), Phillippi Sparks (Cowboys), Santonio Holmes (stealers), Vincent Burns (Colts), Rueben Droughns (Browns), Dhani Jones (Eagles), Sean Locklear (Seahawks), Daunte Culpepper (Dolphins), Fred Smoot (Vikings), Moe Williams (Vikings), Bryant McKinnie (Vikings), Larry Johnson (Chiefs), Derreck Robinson (Chargers), Damian McIntosh (Dolphins), Ahmad Carroll (Packers), Trai Essex (stealers), ...

All of these players have been arressted or had scrapes with the law since the start of last season. I left off the Bengals because we're all very familiar with those. But NFL players get in trouble, it happens, sad but true. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]
That's just what I could find after a couple short searches. Don't try to tell me the Bengals have half of the off field issues in the NFL when it simply isn't true.

Oh and Randy Moss' agent was arressted for crack and a car believed to belong to Pacman Jones (I'm not sure if this ever went anywhere) was involved in a 1,600 lb weed and 128 lb cocaine bust.

maybe Pacman is Henry's dealer :afropic:[/quote]

Nice collection of talent among sopme of thoise names

one could win quite a few games with some of the seedier charachactors in the league [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//45.gif[/img]

I'd back a murderer if I thought it help us win a Super Bowl. The Raves did!

The AP says when officers tried to handcuff Askew after he refused to move his car, they Tasered him when he broke away. Askew, who was also charged with obstructing official business, [b]didn’t identify himself when asked[/b], according to the AP, and has been released from custody before a Monday court date.

The cops could have used this alone to arrest him since the Patriot Act :thumbsdown:

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='bigcat85' post='299328' date='Jul 23 2006, 05:13 PM']What do all the Bengals who got into trouble this offseason have in common?????[/quote]

Ummmm....

They all did stupid shit and got caught?

Apparently the Chicago police don't find it neccessary to taser everybody

From chicago sun times article about Gilmore's arrest
"It was a small tussle, nothing serious," said Chicago police spokesman Marcel Bright. "He refused to be handcuffed."

That same kind of small tussle is probably what got Askew lit up.

Guest BengalBacker
[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299343' date='Jul 23 2006, 05:40 PM']Apparently the Chicago police don't find it neccessary to taser everybody

From chicago sun times article about Gilmore's arrest
"It was a small tussle, nothing serious," said Chicago police spokesman Marcel Bright. "He refused to be handcuffed."

That same kind of small tussle is probably what got Askew lit up.[/quote]

I don't expect cops to "tussle" with somebody when they have the option of tazing their ass.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299337' date='Jul 23 2006, 05:33 PM']The AP says when officers tried to handcuff Askew after he refused to move his car, they Tasered him when he broke away. Askew, who was also charged with obstructing official business, [b]didn’t identify himself when asked[/b], according to the AP, and has been released from custody before a Monday court date.
The cops could have used this alone to arrest him since the Patriot Act :thumbsup:[/quote]

Fixed it for you.

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='BengalBacker' post='299344' date='Jul 23 2006, 05:43 PM']I don't expect cops to "tussle" with somebody when they have the option of tazing their ass.[/quote]

I agree.. and just why wouldnt he identify himself? why make a situation harder on yourself.
did he actually think thegy'd say Oh ok sorry we asked sir?
Thats whats gets me about some of these so called prima donnas..
Then they bitch about The Man is a racist or whatever...

Guest BengalBacker
I got pulled over a lot when I was young. Got a lot of tickets. The one time I tried being a smartass to the cops, they cuffed me and threw my ass in jail. I deserved it.

Guest Claptonrocks
Thats the problem with allot of these guys..
They honestly dont respect the police and think they can mouth off to them with no consequences ( if they think that far ahead)..
They dont have a problem calling them when the need them though...
If you show a cop respect the chances of you getting your ass in further trouble is just about zero.. some just dont get it....

The Patriot Act may seem like a safe thing to most folks but when it starts being abused to rob innocent citizens (and not just the white ones) of their fourth amendment rights to privacy, which it may be already, people will sing a different tune.

DEATH TO THE MACHINE

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='299344' date='Jul 23 2006, 09:43 PM']I don't expect cops to "tussle" with somebody when they have the option of tazing their ass.[/quote]

me neither Backer, and I also don't like the idea of tussling with someone myself, thats why I got me the personal citizens 9000 tazer :ninja:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='299344' date='Jul 23 2006, 05:43 PM']I don't expect cops to "tussle" with somebody when they have the option of tazing their ass.[/quote]

I'm sure Chi-town's cops have tasers too. And I would expect cops to be able to distinguish a violent suspect from an uncooperative one. Unfortunately as past history has shown Cincy cops view running away as a form of violence requiring them to use debilitating and sometimes lethal force. People have died from tasers and not that Askew was at danger of this but for all the cops knew he could have had a serious heart problem that would have been inflamed by the taser. Cincy cops are just too lazy or too scared to do their job right.

Guest ravonaf

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299325' date='Jul 23 2006, 05:05 PM']Ricky Manning Jr. (Bears), Jonathan Sullivan (Patriots), Marcus Vick (Dolphins), Bryce Fisher (Seahawks), John Gilmore (Bears), Ben Roethlisberger (stealers), Phillippi Sparks (Cowboys), Santonio Holmes (stealers), Vincent Burns (Colts), Rueben Droughns (Browns), Dhani Jones (Eagles), Sean Locklear (Seahawks), Daunte Culpepper (Dolphins), Fred Smoot (Vikings), Moe Williams (Vikings), Bryant McKinnie (Vikings), Larry Johnson (Chiefs), Derreck Robinson (Chargers), Damian McIntosh (Dolphins), Ahmad Carroll (Packers), Trai Essex (stealers), ...

maybe Pacman is Henry's dealer :afropic:[/quote]

Dude. Have you fucking noticed most those are from DIFFERENT FUCKING TEAMS!!! We have more issues than another other single team PERIOD!! If you are such a homer that you can't see that then you need to pull your head out your ass. Maybe YOU need to stop crying to people when they state fact. We are the ONLY team in the NFL that has had DOUBLE digit issues.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299325' date='Jul 23 2006, 05:05 PM']Oh and Randy Moss' agent was arressted for crack and a car believed to belong to Pacman Jones (I'm not sure if this ever went anywhere) was involved in a 1,600 lb weed and 128 lb cocaine bust.[/quote]

I think you can add Pacman to the list. He was involved in a lot of shit last year. He was arrested for a fight at a bar a few weeks after he was drafted, for one.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='299356' date='Jul 23 2006, 06:17 PM']Dude. Have you fucking noticed most those are from DIFFERENT FUCKING TEAMS!!! We have more issues than another other single team PERIOD!! If you are such a homer that you can't see that then you need to pull your head out your ass. Maybe YOU need to stop crying to people when they state fact. We are the ONLY team in the NFL that has had DOUBLE digit issues.[/quote]

You said and I quote: "We have half the leagues share of off field issues." All eva was doing is proving that wrong.

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299354' date='Jul 23 2006, 10:12 PM']I'm sure Chi-town's cops have tasers too. And I would expect cops to be able to distinguish a violent suspect from an uncooperative one. Unfortunately as past history has shown Cincy cops view running away as a form of violence requiring them to use debilitating and sometimes lethal force. People have died from tasers and not that Askew was at danger of this but for all the cops knew he could have had a serious heart problem that would have been inflamed by the taser. Cincy cops are just too lazy or too scared to do their job right.[/quote]

yep and chi towns cops prolly taze more people per year than cincy's and more prolly die, especially the ones that are all hopped up on cocaine

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299343' date='Jul 23 2006, 05:40 PM']That same kind of small tussle is probably what got Askew lit up.[/quote]

Yeah. No way Askew asked for it. Cops is always patrolin and hatin, trying to catch Bengals riding dirty.

Guest ravonaf

[quote name='GoBengals' post='299310' date='Jul 23 2006, 04:32 PM']:lmao:

what a nancy girl.... get over it crybaby[/quote]

Sounds you are the one crying when somone states the truth. Is that how it goes on this board? If you state something negative (even though it's the truth) you get accused of being a steeler fan and a crybaby?

Guest Claptonrocks
[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299354' date='Jul 23 2006, 06:12 PM']I'm sure Chi-town's cops have tasers too. And I would expect cops to be able to distinguish a violent suspect from an uncooperative one. Unfortunately as past history has shown Cincy cops view running away as a form of violence requiring them to use debilitating and sometimes lethal force. People have died from tasers and not that Askew was at danger of this but for all the cops knew he could have had a serious heart problem that would have been inflamed by the taser. Cincy cops are just too lazy or too scared to do their job right.[/quote]

The dumbass was going to leave the scene as the cop was writing a ticket on him..
does that show respect.. whats the cop to do? say see ya later?
cincy cops are too lazy or scared huh? lets see your bitchinass go up against one. thats what i thought.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299354' date='Jul 23 2006, 06:12 PM']I'm sure Chi-town's cops have tasers too. And I would expect cops to be able to distinguish a violent suspect from an uncooperative one. Unfortunately as past history has shown Cincy cops view running away as a form of violence requiring them to use debilitating and sometimes lethal force. People have died from tasers and not that Askew was at danger of this but for all the cops knew he could have had a serious heart problem that would have been inflamed by the taser. Cincy cops are just too lazy or too scared to do their job right.[/quote]

Oh god, here we go again. Cincinnati cops just love shootin' black folks for no reason. <_<

No matter how many times that's said, it doesn't make it true. I'm pretty sure most cops would rather never have to do anything but eat donuts and go home safely every night. Unfortunately there's a lot of crime out there in case you haven't noticed.

Archived