*** MATTHIAS ASKEW TAZED BY POLICE ***

Guest Tigris
[quote name='Jason' post='299204' date='Jul 23 2006, 01:16 PM']The media isn't making our players fuck up.[/quote]

Oh yeah, I know... but this is definitely not as bad as the other incidents like the gun charges, spousal beatings, failed drug tests... the dude didn't want to move his damn car.

It'll be all over ESPNEWS shortly... talking about how our team is full of misfits who don't deserve to play in the NFL... and we'll miss the playoffs because of the off-the-field issues.

Out of all the guys who have got in trouble, only one of them was an every down player. Two of them aren't even on the team yet...

But yeah, I know what you're saying... but I think the media portrays our team to be worst than they really are. They don't mention guys like Madieu, Willie, Carson, and Marvin who make great contributions to the community.

[quote name='JC' post='299205' date='Jul 23 2006, 01:23 PM']jesus where in the hell does it end?[/quote]
I believe Jesus isn't the one to ask right now...

only this can come from hell.

[quote name='Tigris' post='299206' date='Jul 23 2006, 01:24 PM']Oh yeah, I know... but this is definitely not as bad as the other incidents like the gun charges, spousal beatings, failed drug tests... the dude didn't want to move his damn car.[/quote]

No, I agree, that wasn't bad. But resisting arrest was.

Says a lot that no-one is thinking the police fucked up.

Scenario.

Askew is illegally parked for five minutes whilst his mate picks up some extra hot-dogs.
Cop turns up, sees Escalade and thinks he can throw his weight around a little. Tells Askew to shift.
Askew says no as he'll be gone in a moment, cop thinks "Huge black guy" and goes for the cuffs.
Askew attempts to stop himself being illegally cuffed as he's just about to move the car.
Cop gets all twitchy at thought of what 300lb dude might do and tazes him.

Follows all the info we have an yet isn't as bad as it first appears.
VB

To kinda change the subject from his arrest to his play.

I know JT had said that his light came on from a playing perspective, but had anyone went to minicamp and watched him?

Because before JT said what he said, I wasnt even sure Askew would make the team.

[quote name='Tigris' post='299206' date='Jul 23 2006, 01:24 PM']I believe Jesus isn't the one to ask right now...

only this can come from hell.[/quote]

:lol:

I'm reminded...

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='297011' date='Jul 20 2006, 05:01 AM']:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Satan's driving this bus now motherfuckers. Get the hell out of our way !!!![/quote]

3 things:

Where is the cop cam video of what happened?

If a cop tells you to put you hands behind your back and you say no I've not done anything guess what you're resisting arrest.

Tazer is used instead of shooting someone, so this means that if the cop had not had a tazer he would have shot Matthias!

BTW as soon as Chief Striker (sp that way be that's what he did to his wife) comes on tv and says how this is one of his best cops blah blah blah you'll know something is up.

If he hasn't been on tv yet I have to ask why, he's shown up every other time they'll tazed someone, is it because this is player?

Guest ravonaf
It's become obvious that Marvin has lost complete control of this team. I'm not sure when it's happened but it has. If these players had any respect for him they just woudn't do what they are doing. These just aren't second string backups. These guys are the future starters of the franchise. At this point I don't care what the fuck Marvin does. This shit has to stop.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='299235' date='Jul 23 2006, 02:44 PM']It's become obvious that Marvin has lost complete control of this team. I'm not sure when it's happened but it has. If these players had any respect for him they just woudn't do what they are doing. These just aren't second string backups. These guys are the future starters of the franchise. At this point I don't care what the fuck Marvin does. This shit has to stop.[/quote]

remove head from ass, then try posting again.

Lovie Smith must be a jackass too because the Bears have had their own share of off field mishaps yet nobody talks about him.

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='eva4ben-gal' post='299238' date='Jul 23 2006, 02:53 PM']remove head from ass, then try posting again.

Lovie Smith must be a jackass too because the Bears have had their own share of off field mishaps yet nobody talks about him.[/quote]

You sure you aren't the one with thier head up thier ass? We have half the leagues share of off field issues. It goes on and on. One or two issues would be normal. This isn't normal. A coach with full control of his team would have put a stop to this shit already.

Yes, he's the next Rodney King. Why can't we all just get along? :1violin:

[quote name='VonBlade' post='299228' date='Jul 23 2006, 02:14 PM']Says a lot that no-one is thinking the police fucked up.

Scenario.

Askew is illegally parked for five minutes whilst his mate picks up some extra hot-dogs.
Cop turns up, sees Escalade and thinks he can throw his weight around a little. Tells Askew to shift.
Askew says no as he'll be gone in a moment, cop thinks "Huge black guy" and goes for the cuffs.
Askew attempts to stop himself being illegally cuffed as he's just about to move the car.

VB[/quote]

[quote name='Utts' post='299243' date='Jul 23 2006, 02:58 PM']If Palmer robs a liquor store, I'm out.[/quote]

:lmao:

[quote name='VonBlade' post='299228' date='Jul 23 2006, 02:14 PM']Says a lot that no-one is thinking the police fucked up.

Scenario.

VB[/quote]

After all the off-field incidents involving Bengals players and Bengals draft picks, we are clearly guilty until proven innocent. <_<

[quote name='ravonaf' post='299235' date='Jul 23 2006, 02:44 PM']It's become obvious that Marvin has lost complete control of this team. I'm not sure when it's happened but it has. If these players had any respect for him they just woudn't do what they are doing. These just aren't second string backups. These guys are the future starters of the franchise. At this point I don't care what the fuck Marvin does. This shit has to stop.[/quote]

How can you say that Marvin has lost control of this team??

This incident happened during a time between voluntary/involuntary workouts and training camp. He isn't working for Marvin right now. This is his time off. If I go out after work and drink and don't go home until Midnight and am pulled over for a DUI, has my boss lost control of me??

I didn't think so.

Same thing goes for Henry. He has fucked up too many times but not on Marvin's time. He didn't do anything during practice or during a classroom session. He didn't anything during the season. [u]He did all of his shit on his own time[/u].

Frostee and Brooks haven't done anything wrong as a Bengal.

Coaches cannot be there 24/7 watching each player. He can try to make it stop, but unfortunately, he can't make it stop.

SO to say that Marvin lost control of the team [i]is stupid[/i]. Everyone has showed up to practice that should have; more people than ever showed up for off season workouts; players are losing weight/getting stronger/rehabbing faster so that they can make the team better. In my eyes, this [i]is[/i] Marvin's job. As long as he has set the right attitude (winning) and it shows on the field and during practice, he has total control. What happens off the field during the off season, well, that's not on his time and is out of his hands.

Guest ThurmanMunster

Scenario.

VB[/quote]

i think this is what really happend.

This news even made my AOL welcome window.

Bengal Tasered Over Parking Violation
Defensive Tackle Askew Charged With Resisting Arrest

AP Sports
CINCINNATI (July 23) - Officers trying to arrest Cincinnati Bengals defensive tackle Matthias Askew after a parking violation used a Taser to subdue him and charged him with resisting arrest.

The 24-year-old Askew struggled with officers trying to handcuff him Saturday evening and broke away before he was shocked, police spokesman Lt. Tom Lanter said. Askew ignored an officer's warning to move his illegally parked car and then refused to give his identification, Lanter said.

The 6-foot-5, 302-pound lineman was a fourth-round draft pick in 2004 from Michigan State. He played in five games as a rookie, but was active for only one game last season.

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said Sunday morning he could not confirm Askew's arrest and had no other information.

The arrest came about a week after Bengals owner Mike Brown issued a statement to reassure fans the team has standards for its players. Three other Bengals have been charged with criminal offenses in recent months.

"We want our fans to know that we share their concerns regarding the recent off-field conduct of several Bengals players," Brown said in the statement. "We expect our players to be good citizens, as most are, and we hold them accountable for their conduct under team and league rules."

Last month, second-year receiver Chris Henry pleaded not guilty in Covington, Ky., to charges that he provided alcohol to three underage females. He also faces a drunken driving charge in suburban Cincinnati , and is scheduled for trial Aug. 21 in Florida on a charge of carrying a concealed weapon.

A.J. Nicholson, a fifth-round pick in April, was charged last month with burglarizing the apartment of a former Florida State teammate. He also faces grand theft and vandalism charges in Florida.

Also last month, defensive end Frostee Rucker was charged with two counts of spousal battery and vandalism in Los Angeles. The third-round pick has denied the allegations.
----------------------------------------------------------

Yes I have AOL and yes it sucks. I am getting rid of it as we speak.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='ravonaf' post='299242' date='Jul 23 2006, 02:57 PM']You sure you aren't the one with thier head up thier ass? We have half the leagues share of off field issues. It goes on and on. One or two issues would be normal. This isn't normal. A coach with full control of his team would have put a stop to this shit already.[/quote]

are you keeping tabs on the other teams and what their players are doing?

Yea, didn't think so.

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='299250' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:03 PM']i have to agree, we have the worst ever police force in cincinnati! their fucking assholes, and don't care.[/quote]

You go patrol District 1 for a couple years and see if you have the same attitude.

Guest ravonaf
[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='299252' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:03 PM']i think this is what really happend.[/quote]

Even if that really happened. I don't care who the fuck you are. The cops tell you to move your vehicle you fucking move it. End of fucking story. Marvin takes these shitfuck thugs because he things he can control them. It's obvious he can't.

[quote name='ravonaf' post='299258' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:06 PM']Marvin takes these shitfuck thugs because he things he can control them. It's obvious he can't.[/quote]

Askew never did one fucking thing in college or in the two years he was on this team before now. Why is he suddenly a "shitfuck thug"?

[quote name='ravonaf' post='299258' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:06 PM']Even if that really happened. I don't care who the fuck you are. The cops tell you to move your vehicle you fucking move it. End of fucking story. Marvin takes these shitfuck thugs because he things he can control them. It's obvious he can't.[/quote]

EXACTLY!!!

It's common sense... Something our society is running low on these days.

Guest Bengals1181
[quote name='ravonaf' post='299258' date='Jul 23 2006, 03:06 PM']Even if that really happened. I don't care who the fuck you are. The cops tell you to move your vehicle you fucking move it. End of fucking story. Marvin takes these shitfuck thugs because he things he can control them. It's obvious he can't.[/quote]

not moving your car does not make you a thug.

Archived