ESPN FIRES HAROLD REYNOLDS

Guest oldschooler

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]ESPN FIRES REYNOLDS[/b][/size]

By ANDREW MARCHAND

July 25, 2006 -- ESPN yesterday fired analyst Harold Reynolds from Baseball Tonight, sources told The Post. The reason was not immediately known.
"We are not going to comment," ESPN VP Josh Krulewitz said.

When asked how they are going to explain that Reynolds will never be on the air again, Krulewitz still declined comment.

Reynolds did not return calls.

Reynolds, 45, had been with ESPN 11 years. He had been a fixture on the show, which is a gathering spot for baseball fans, players and team executives.

The program already is dealing with the loss of information man Peter Gammons. Gammons is recovering from a brain aneurysm that occurred at the end of last month. The show's main analysts had been Reynolds, Gammons and John Kruk.

In Gammons' absence, ex-Met GM Steve Phillips has played a bigger role on the show. The program uses several analysts, including Orel Hershiser, Tino Martinez and Jeff Brantley.

Last night, host Karl Ravech was joined by Kruk and Phillips. Reynolds usually is on Monday nights.

Reynolds was known for a smooth style that usually was player friendly. He never found himself in too much controversy for what he said on the air. In fact, ESPN was so high on him he was expected to stay with the network through its just signed eight-year deal with MLB.

Now, after yesterday, Reynolds is no longer welcome in Bristol.[/quote]

[url="http://www.nypost.com/sports/espn_fires_reynolds_sports_andrew_marchand.htm"]http://www.nypost.com/sports/espn_fires_re...ew_marchand.htm[/url]

Guest WhoDeyForever

But why?? Did he fail a drug test or something :D Harold was probably my favorite. Will he still be able to do commentary during the baseball games on ESPN?

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='300657' date='Jul 25 2006, 03:33 PM']stupid move by espn if it is true...[/quote]

I'm sure there was/is something going on behind the scenes. Clues:

[quote]"We are not going to comment," ESPN VP Josh Krulewitz said.

When asked how they are going to explain that Reynolds will never be on the air again, Krulewitz still declined comment.[/quote]
[quote]Reynolds was known for a smooth style that usually was player friendly. He never found himself in too much controversy for what he said on the air. [b]In fact, ESPN was so high on him he was expected to stay with the network through its just signed eight-year deal with MLB.[/b][/quote]

deadspin.com

"Harold Reynolds was fired more or less for copious amounts of sexual harassment. Apparently, he brazenly hits on female employees constantly, despite the fact that his wife just had a kid six months ago. He was warned by the big-wigs on numerous occasions to cool it with the ladies, but someone finally lodged a complaint, and he was canned immediately. "

more stupid fucking rumors:

[quote]Another reader, with "contacts on the inside," refutes the sexual harassment whispers: "Anyone who is saying sexual harassment either has been given bad third-hand info or is lying. Harold has had a couple of rather heated arguments with the producers at "Baseball Tonight," and some of the suits at ESPN over the program's coverage of Alex Rodriguez. At the last production meeting, when it was made clear they were going to really play up the A-Rod angle during coverage of the Yankees-Texas series, Harold had a colossal meltdown, which led to his dismissal. The sexual harassment allegations are even more laughable when you consider that he is being replaced by Steve Phillips -- a man who has never met a skirt he wouldn't chase and who was caught in one of the more embarrassing front office sexual harassment scandals in MLB history."[/quote]
if this one is true, Harold will be like a GOD to me.

PFT is reporting the earlier story is true, so I'm thinking this one is.

[quote name='#22' post='301125' date='Jul 26 2006, 06:02 AM']more stupid fucking rumors:
if this one is true, Harold will be like a GOD to me.
PFT is reporting the earlier story is true, so I'm thinking this one is.[/quote]
This story sounds like Reynolds to me. As an ex-player, he was always looking at thinkgs from a player's POV. I can see how he would've thought this anti-A Rod crap that seems to come up every so often was totally unfair to him.

I've never been an A-Rod guy myself. I suppose I cheered him a bit when he was JRs teammate in Seattle, but since then, and especially since he joined NY, I've either not paid much attention, or just plain disliked him because he was wearing pinstripes. But the amount of bad pub they guy gets considering the numbers he has put up over his career is astounding.

If Reynolds cried foul because he thought the A-Rod coverage was ridiculous, good for him. But if it's the other tale, I'll be sorely disappointed.

It's not the A-Rod stuff - it's sexual harrassment....

NEW YORK -- Harold Reynolds was fired by ESPN from his job as a baseball analyst after he was accused of sexual harassment, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

The former Gold Glove-winning second baseman, a member of the ``Baseball Tonight'' team for 11 years, said he didn't do anything to warrant his dismissal and wants his job back.

``It was a total misunderstanding,'' Reynolds told the Post. ``My goal is to sit down and get back. To be honest with you, I gave a woman a hug and I felt like it was misinterpreted.''

The newspaper, quoting sources, reported that the woman is an ESPN employee.

On Tuesday, ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said Reynolds, 45, made his last on-air appearance for the network Sunday night. ESPN refused to comment on previous reports that Reynolds was dismissed, or to provide any details regarding his departure.

``All I can say is he is no longer working here,'' Krulewitz said.

Reynolds, who played 12 major league seasons, joined ESPN in 1996. In addition to his work on ``Baseball Tonight,'' he also covered the College World Series and the Little League World Series.

ESPN already was dealing with the loss of another baseball analyst, Peter Gammons, who has been off the air since he was stricken with a brain aneurysm on June 27.

[url="http://www.southflorida.com/news/sfl-726haroldreynolds,0,3858727.story?coll=sfe-news-headlines"]http://www.southflorida.com/news/sfl-726ha...-news-headlines[/url]

Men and their ding-a-lings, I tell you. Harold has a beautiful wife at home, a plum ESPN job that many guys would give their left nut for...and he still can't control himself. Dude has everything in the world going for him and he can't keep from acting stupid.

They even say that he was flirting with Danyelle Sargent on the air recently.

I added this in the other Harold Reynolds thread. You know we like the guy when he has two thread going at once... ;)

------------------
[url="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14026863/"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14026863/[/url]

BRISTOL, Conn. - Harold Reynolds was fired by ESPN from his job as a baseball analyst after he was accused of sexual harassment, the New York Post reported Wednesday.

The former Gold Glove-winning second baseman, a member of the “Baseball Tonight” team for 11 years, said he didn’t do anything to warrant his dismissal and wants his job back.

“It was a total misunderstanding,” Reynolds told the Post. “My goal is to sit down and get back. To be honest with you, I gave a woman a hug and I felt like it was misinterpreted.”

The newspaper, quoting sources, reported that the woman is an ESPN employee.

On Tuesday, ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said Reynolds, 45, made his last on-air appearance for the network Sunday night. ESPN refused to comment on previous reports that Reynolds was dismissed, or to provide any details regarding his departure.

“All I can say is he is no longer working here,” Krulewitz said.

Reynolds, who played 12 major league seasons, joined ESPN in 1996. In addition to his work on “Baseball Tonight,” he also covered the College World Series and the Little League World Series.

ESPN already was dealing with the loss of another baseball analyst, Peter Gammons, who has been off the air since he was stricken with a brain aneurysm on June 27.
-----------------

If it was just a friendly hug, and not a sleazy/gropey hug, I feel kinda bad for the guy.

That said, if he was indeed acting sleazy, or if he indeed had a history of this kinda thing, fuck him. No one should have to put up with that crap. I used to work for a guy who was on the "gropey" side with the ladies at work. He made the place difficult to work for everyone, b/c anytime a guy would come near a gal, she would immediately assume the worst. There was no real commeraderie between the crew, just because of one asshat's inability to keep his hands to himself...

Guest Claptonrocks
Reynolds was trying to put the make on Bonnie Bernstein...
she filed a sexual harrasment suit.
Not the first time for Reynolds... been warned before..

Guest Master Shake

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='307700' date='Aug 3 2006, 04:44 AM']Reynolds was trying to put the make on Bonnie Bernstein...
Not the first time for Reynolds... been warned before..[/quote]

Damn, I heard he grabbed on of John Kruk's breasts...

:ninja:

Guest WhoDeyForever
[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='313697' date='Aug 11 2006, 03:01 AM']hate to put race in it, but was he the black guy on the baseball tonight show on espn? cause if so he was a cool cat![/quote]

yup he was also a broadcaster for some mlb games and the little league world series

[quote name='Claptonrocks' post='307700' date='Aug 3 2006, 04:44 AM']Reynolds was trying to put the make on Bonnie Bernstein...
Not the first time for Reynolds... been warned before..[/quote]

whats wrong with grabbing a girls ass at work :whistle:

Guest schotzee

[quote name='Rumble in the Jungle' post='314042' date='Aug 11 2006, 07:39 PM']whats wrong with grabbing a girls ass at work :whistle:[/quote]

Really :D I'd wouldn't mind grabbing Bonnie if I worked with her.Seriously,I thought Reynolds was great.I loved him at the LL world series.

Archived